on 31 May 2013
Break bar is flimsy, foot muff is an apron not a foot muff and isnt as big as shown, the hooks on straps cannot be unhooked to wash shoulder pads as enough room hasnt been left to unhook, instructions for assembly are very vague!! Also the seat does not have 4 positions as described...it has 2, upright and nearly upright. I bought this for my 5th child but reckon it wont last longer than 6months. Handy as a second pram as is small for car boot or public transport.
on 26 August 2016
I bought this stroller hoping that for the expensive price, it would be the only one we would need - unfortunately not. Due to a back injury I needed a light, compact stroller, easy to fold and lift. The Flip XT is light and compact so it is great in this respect...
BUT...
It is not able to be steered with one hand (eg if you have shopping bags or a drink bottle, phone etc in one hand). Even with both hands I have found the front wheels stick when in the swivel position making the stroller want to veer one way or the other.
The frame is not sturdy enough for the odd set of stairs (I was told not to use the handle bar to lever it up or down steps as this would cause it to bend).
The wheels give a hard ride so on grass or gravel it is not as smooth as the promotional material would suggest.
The canopy catches on two screws either side of the frame when you fold it with the seat attached.
The seat is quite exposed for a newborn so I would not use this without purchasing the infant cocoon (I did and it is good in winter but in summer it is too hot so baby's legs are exposed when in full recline).
There are no instructions to tell you that when putting up the sunvisor when the seat is fully reclined and rear facing, you must hold the base of the seat and quite forcefully 'snap' the canopy out to full extension. If this isn't done then the canopy will partially collapse when going over bumps.
The storage basket is a great size but awkward to get things in and out of when seat is fully reclined.
So although the flip XT has been convenient as an urban stroller (and handy as it doubles as snap n go wheels for our maxi cosi capsule), we have had to buy another stroller (second hand Mountain Buggy) for longer walks, rough terrain. I have to say it steers and rides like a dream despite being 6 years old and I far prefer pushing it to the Flip XT.
on 20 September 2012
Buggy was easy enough to put together, however I ordered this as a replacement stroller for my 20mth old, I wouldn't say my son was on the large side as he has just gone into 18-24mth trousers, however he looks huge in this buggy, the foot-muff is no good as its meant for littler children and having just used the raincover for the first time today, I foung that his feet hung below the bottom of the rain cover and that there was very little room for him. Subsequently after an hour of using it my son had kicked a hole in the seem. The buggy itself is lovely for the price but would suit a child of approx six months younger. On the whole if your child is over a year old and not on the slight size I would avoid.
on 13 September 2012
Its easy to put together ,light easy to move round easy to open and close has everything it needs worth the money
on 6 October 2012
I bought this pushchair as a replacement for my 18 month old daughter who is quite chunky.
When ordering it, I was a bit 'weary' as to what the qaulity would be like due to being so cheap but I was surprised - its fab!
Not only do I use this just for my daughter, I have attatched a buggy board for my 3 year old daughter which the pushchair holds fine.
All I can say is, I got more than I bargained for with the very low price I paid! :)
on 31 October 2013
What a bargin! buggy is value for money!! Sturdy and not cheap looking. hoods not brill but helps to keep the raincover off baby. i have a shade extender that fits nicely to this. only thing really that make this one to beat a small pocket to store the raincover so it frees up the basket. I bought a baby start from argos at £50 and that was rubbish compared. perfect for town and bus.
on 18 January 2013
This pushchair looked great at first and I really thought that I had bought a bargain. It's easy to put together, light, looks stylish and has some extra features not shown such as a foot rest and a peep hole in the hood. I've had the pushchair for about 4 months now and a few faults have emerged, most noticable is the footmuff. The stitching split within days as my toddler stretched while in it, one of the velcro tabs popped off and a month later the other would no longer hold as the hooks had warn away. After a month the hood started to look a bit wonky and a couple of weeks later my toddler pulled out the supporting plastic arch as it had started coming through the material. It had snapped so cannot be fixed. The pushchair itself is a bit squeaky and creaky so I really don't think that it will last very long. I agree with other reviewers who have said that the rain cover is not long enough to cover to the bottom of the footmuff and my toddler, who is now almost two, looks very big in it. I would say that if you need a cheap pushchair to keep you going or for a holiday or just occassional use then this one will do the job but it definitely isn't for everyday use over long periods.
on 1 February 2013
"Very Good Nice PushChair ! Great for taking Grand-daugher out in & Sitting in House .... She loves it . Great PRICE !! .... Just take time putting Wheels on Correct !!!! hahahaha 60 years Old but got it rite hoho ..... YOU think its cheap but its very strong on the road /Path ...walks well .... £40 BriLL ."
on 13 March 2013
This is a good little stroller for occasional use. Value for money. If I wanted something for every day use , I would probably choose something a bit more robust, but you pay your money and take your choice. I am very happy with the pushchair as it suits my needs.
on 24 November 2014
I bought this a few months ago as needed to buy a buggy with little money. At first it was great and I loved it, my only problem was the seat didn't recline very far and it was quite snug. But now I am minus the rubber part of one of my wheels. It started falling off rather quickly. Also most days I need to check the back of the buggy as it has a tendency to fold itself. Would recommend if your child isn't in the buggy often but not all the time.