This Bluetooth is and has the following things:

I am normally quite curmudgeonly and have a particular dislike for Bluetooth accessories because they just do not work well.

This one does, I love it and I have only had it for a day.

- It is loud, even too loud, so you can hear it in the car
- It feels well made and just works out of the box, no fiddling
- It has an extra pair of suction cups for when you lose one
- Watch the video review, it actually does what the video says
on 27 December 2013
I have been using an old Avantalk Sunday Pro for years and it worked perfectly. I then had a new phone and found it was having difficulty with staying paired to the Avantalk probably due to the new technology. I contacted Avantalk to ask them about this newer Avantree version and they confirmed it was more up to date and was designed for the newer phones. I'm pleased to say they were right and this new version is perfect. If you allow voice control on your phone you can make calls from your contacts without dialling.
The voice quality is excellent and I have been told that call recipients can't detect that I am hands free. The speaker is clear and loud enough to carry over the worst of road noise. I have never had to have it o full volume. The old Sunday Pro only needed charging twice a year and I presume this is the same but it obviously depends on the amount of sun it is exposed to. I can't fault it to be honest
on 24 April 2014
One of the best prices for this piece of kit and the delivery was first rate order was placed on the 10th April and earliest estimated delivery date was the 15th It was delivered on the 12th so top marks to this company.
Got this kit after looking at other customer feed back and reviews and I am very happy that I did.
I have had other Bluetooth hands free kits for the car but this is one of the best for sound that I have had so far, and best of all I don’t have to clip it onto the sun visor so no marks or damage.
With the windscreen mount I can place it any ware that is most continent for me (more in line with my face when driving) and with the solar charger on the back I have not had to charge it since I installed it so very happy so far.
on 3 July 2016
As my car does not have Bluetooth, I purchased this device as I have an AUX-in connection into my radio and wanted the phone calls to come through the speakers.

While you can stick the holder in the optimum position for your car and then clip in the device, I actually use a standard mobile phone holder which clips into the air vents, and it holds it very well. The reason I did this is simply because I'd rather not have something permanently stuck inside my car. Plus, the positioning is still quite optimal for the mic pic up.

In terms of audio clarity, it's very good. Much better than expected, in fact. People have told me they can hear me very well and conversations are not difficult to hear or for them to hear me even at motorway speeds. Of course with the positioning at the air vents I do occasionally need to turn down the blowers but that's on me, not this device.

Battery life is also excellent. Again much better than expected, at more than several weeks.

Overall I would very much recommend this device. I have also bought another of Avantree's devices (the Roxa) for my Hi-Fi because I was so pleased.
on 28 April 2016
This is the first Bluetooth adapter I've had that actually works reliably and is clear. Works great with the Sony Xperia Z3 and Z5 Compact.

I found that the supplied Velcro pads didn't hold the unit to the dashboard, so I bought replacements which are much better.
on 13 May 2013
Having tried a number of devices similar to this I was initially skeptical but overall I can honestly say it couldn't be better.
The two carriers (an adhesive perspex carrier for the windscreen) and the visor-mouted carrier work brilliantly and the solar-powered feature saves re-charging.
Brilliant operation and value-for-money so don't waste money on more expensive versions.
on 20 January 2014
It is really easy to use as described. Its solar power function save me a lot of hassle to recharge it. This is the very reason why I have to replace my old one with it.
on 18 April 2014
For once a hands free kit you can hear. This is great for the task and I was chuffed to bits with it. Not sure about the contribution from the solar panel but hey if it helps then that is good. It charges quick via USB.
on 12 March 2015
This is an excellent idea which combines the features of two devices for most people.

It functions very well as a visor bluetooth headset and voice calling is very clear, everyone I have spoken to has no problem hearing me well either, which is a problem with some other bluetooth devices.

The best feature is the combination with FM radio, it auto selects the best FM frequency, announces it, and transmits your music and/or phone call over FM radio to your car stereo, while still using its own in-built microphone for your own voice. It truly feels like a much more expensive custom car installed bluetooth solution.

Only downside is battery life, it seems to need charging every 3 days or so, under what I would describe as light use (commuting to and from work playing music, few short phone calls). It also seems to struggle with being charged in the car on the go, the power automatically turns off when being charged which is a pain

The other problem is if you have routed your music over the FM radio, and have turned it down for any reason, your phone calls will also be turned down. I have found a few times I answered the phone and couldn't hear the person who had called me. Until I figured out what I had done.
User error of course, but worth being aware of, I can't be the only one
on 12 June 2014
The Avantree Solar Bluetooth handsfree is compact and easy to follow instructions. Incomiing phonecalls are clear and outgoing calls I have been informed can be heard quite clearly.

Very happy with my purchase.