It seemed to take ages to get my iPod Touch (one was 'lost in the post' and the one which eventually arrived was a week late) - so when it finally came I wanted to make sure that it was well protected from the harsh elements of the world. Being an absolute cheapskate, I decided to go for this cheapo case rather than the 'official' ones which cost 5 times as much - and I'm very pleased with my choice.

This looks great, the synthetic leather looks real and feels soft, but also seems rugged enough to last. This has that 'Italian chic' look to it and doesn't look cheap at all - personally I think this is nicer looking than a lot of the more expensive iPod cases. It fits the 5th Generation iPod perfectly - the iPod slots into a hard plastic case holster inside the case and is held very securely, it can be removed easily if required. The plastic is molded to ensure that the volume and power buttons, earphone socket, sync socket and speaker are all exposed.

The case has a cut-away at the back so that the camera and flash are not obscured, also - the case is essentially the same size as the iPod so you aren't making your slim gadget look bloated. Although the case comes with a stylus and screen cover, I removed the screen cover because I didn't feel it necessary as the inside of the case is nice and soft and will protect it when in my pocket. The stylus isn't something I really use but my kids love to use it when playing various games. The stylus is a bit flimsy but I bought this for the case, the stylus and screen protector are just nice added bonuses.

In a nutshell: it looks fab, it does the job, and it's a decent price - it's a smart purchase!
11 comment| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 December 2012
I've looked at ways of protecting my iPod touch after having one written off due to an accident. I looked at the purely plastic option that only covers the back but tried one and realised it didn't protect the screen from impact. I looked around and saw a lot of options that seemed very expensive. S, after having read the review of this I thought I'd get one. I was expecting something that would make my iPod feel like a Filofax, but this, with the iPod in it was still very thin. The finish is excellent, the stylus is great and saves the finger prints (would someone include a loop to put the stylus in? I keep losing it.) Brilliant, excellent value, well worth the 5*
on 8 January 2013
Only issue is that if you have bought a nice red ipod touch, you dont see much of its colour at all because the case it clips into in this covers most of the colour. But it protects it and is good value for money.
on 29 August 2014
How this case ever got a rating other than 2 star maximum from anyone is totally beyond me. First off, it's not great quality, but then it's cheap so I suppose you get what you pay for, as many will tell you. That's the best bit.
Second, there's no way under the shining sun that I can use earphones/ headphones while it is closed as I can't access the jack port - it's at the "hinged" end of the case; I'm not sure anyone would want to walk around listening to an iPod with this case open - I certainly wouldn't. Looking at other reviews, I notice users say that it has a slot for earphones, so possibly I got a faulty one but this one is just not fit for purpose. A disaster really, back it goes and would not recommend it to anyone. Sorry
on 13 December 2012
When you don't pay that much, you don't expect that much. For me, I just wanted a cheap protector for my iPod Touch. What arrived was a totally nice, smart, well designed, ergonomically excellent and well stitched flip-open wallet... with stylus pen and with screen protector. The wallet is the exact size of the iPod Touch (5G) and merely adds a few extra millimeters to its thickness (just over double the thickness of the device itself). The iPod clips nicely into a plastic bezel and the case has openings for the camera, for the buttons and for the headphones. Then a magnetic clasp holds the wallet shut. I don't know if it will prove durable (I'll update this review if it doesn't) but I'm certainly impressed with what I can see.
The Stylus Pen is acceptable - it's not as easy and smooth to drag as your finger (because it's rubbery) and needs a little force (not annoyingly so) to be detected. But for general prodding, you'll make fewer accidental hits with this than your digits!
For the price, I cannot fault this product.
on 25 January 2013
The cas cover is fine, reasonably smart and well fitting.
Can't say the same for the screen protector, it is punched out inaccurately - meaning that when I tried to align the hole for the camera lens the hole for the home button was misaligned or vice-versa. I did not fit the protector in the end at all as it was obviously ill fitting from the beginning and no amount of trying to find the right compromise would lead to satisfactory finish.
Stylus is a bit of an added bonus but not that good overall - the tip being a wee bit too soft for some applications
on 29 December 2012
This isn't made of leather but what do you expect at this price. Never the less it is well made and good value for money. The iPod fits in it very securely. Some people may find that the fact that the case has to be left open in order to attach the lightening connector irritating but on the other hand this protects the socket when the case is closed. This was bought as a stocking filler until the recipient of the iPod decided which leather case they would prefer. They are so pleased with case and the stylus that came with it they have decided to continue using it.
on 29 December 2012
Case arrived quickly. Good easy fit with all the holes in the correct places.Case must be left open when charging as there is not an aperture in the case for the lightning connector. I had ordered a white IPOD so the white tray in the case matched very well. The screen protector was the easiest I have ever fitted and no bubbles were visible. The pen is also a useful extra. Very good value
on 2 June 2014
This case has a good design; it works well, but the plastic sides that grip the iPod are very, very brittle. In less than a month's use they have splintered and much of it has broken away. I don't remove the iPod from the case very often, if at all, so it's not constant 'traffic' that's doing this. It is true that when I had to take it out of the case the first splintering happened but now it's happened on both sides. Very soon the case will be unusable and I'll have to buy another one, but it won't be one of these, I'm afraid.

If the quality of the material were better this would be a very useful product but as it stands it's rapidly becoming useless.

Update: 6th June 2014
The thing has finally fallen to pieces. The brittle plastic sides have splintered away and now can't hold the iPod safely.

Note to the manufacturers: a couple of quid is cheap, yes, but you cut costs so far that the item isn't fit for purpose. Charge 4 pounds and make it something that will last more than a few weeks.
on 25 January 2013
I bought this for my son and he really liked it despite it not being the one he asked for. It's great for travelling as it protects the screen as well and the stylus is good too. Great for the money.

See one answered question