on 2 November 2014
I'm writing this review after using the radio for three months: My wife loves the way it looks, and I love the way it sounds. The radio was bought for use in our caravan, but is currently used in the kitchen as it is the off season. The battery life is claimed to be 480 hours. I haven't been counting the hours, but several camping trips as well as other periods when the radio has been used off-mains not yet flattened the original set of batteries. The radio is large, as I expected, and heavier than I expected. It has the best sound of any portable radio I have heard. Using the radio is very easy, all features are accessed by the two dials on the top.The DAB tuning is very easy, just twirl through the plethora of named channels with the right dial and press to choose the desired channel, couldn't be simpler. FM Works well too. Not a cheap radio, but well worth the money.
on 17 August 2015
Had this radio for 18 months and it just stopped. The light was on and it would tune to stations but it would not emit any sound either through the built in speaker or headphones. Totally useless. No-one wants to discuss the problem. Close to £200 wasted.
Stay clear.
on 13 August 2014
I had previously had the Roberts R250 Revival radio and loved it. Last year I upgraded to the Roberts Revival RD60 DAB, but sent it back as the burgundy colour was more raspberry pink than it was burgundy. Also, whilst the sound was a great improvement on my previous non-DAB edition, the quality of the RD60 build and 'leather' covering seemed lightweight and disappointing. I have just purchased the Roberts Sovereign DAB radio in Windsor Green. The product looks and sounds fantastic. It is larger than the RD60 & R250 and feels reassuringly substantial. The sound quality is wonderfully resonant and I would thoroughly recommend it.
on 23 January 2016
Bought this as a birthday present for my partner and she loved it, the sound quality is superb and it looks very well made, looks a bit like a handbag which is probably why my partner liked it so much :)
It comes with a power adapter and has a option for batteries too
on 10 February 2014
Large but stylish. Very easy to operate. The burgundy colour gives a rather regal look to it. I particularly find the 'favourite' station button useful.
on 8 June 2016
really good radio and I
paid a excellent price, so I am happy
on 22 January 2016
Purchased this for a Christmas present it is amazing quality you can tell it's really well made and why they are no 1 in Portillo radios. Considering purchasing another one for our own use.
on 29 December 2015
Bought this for my gf. She loves it. Great buy
on 24 August 2014
Looks lovely, easy to use and sounds great.
on 29 October 2013
I received this and from the start it would not tune into any station. I did a complete reset on instructions from the manufacturers helpline but still it did not work. The manufacturers agreed the radio tuner was probably faulty. I have another Roberts DAB radio in the same home which works perfectly.