on 29 December 2013
Having owned numerous Phillips shavers, This one does not seem to have moved the science of shaving forward yet costs almost 60% more than my last shaver purchased in 2009. Expensive but cannot see the benefit
on 12 May 2013
My blades only lasted barely a year, and the price to replace.........£55.00 when I complained to Philips about the cost in a review they refused to allow the review on their site. What a well balanced view that would give. The shaver is very good if you can afford the blades.
on 1 October 2012
I have now had this razor for 2 weeks and am delighted with it. I'd been using a Philishave HQ8894 for several years and getting an OK but not desperately close shave. Using the RQ1275 for a dry shave (with an eletric pre-shave lotion) has given me the closest electric shave I have ever had, significantly closer than my old razor. I have not found the wet shave as close as the dry shave, but it is still OK. I've been able to use it for a wet shave in the shower, when in a hurry or not too bothered by closeness of shave, and got at least as good - if not slightly better - a shave than I did with the old razor.
on 16 May 2013
An expensive piece of kit, I'll agree but think about the amount spent on disposable razors and it is a one off payment that means you wont have to pay for them again.

This gives a really close shave. nothing is as close as a razor but i am in the military and this is easily close enough for my bosses to never say anything to me on inspection.

The charge lasts a couple of weeks easily. The trimmer head is good for sideburns and manscaping!

However, the attachment head, i cannot work out how to affix. I may be stupid but it should be easy or at least come with instructions. I don't use it so am not bothered but maybe it would be nice to know how it works.

Very easy to clean and maintain.

Well worth the money and can shave my face in about 20seconds to a brilliant standard.
on 2 April 2014
This replaced my previous Quadra shave razor which was over 15 years old. The flexible head keeps the cutters in good contact with your face but I found them slightly bigger than my previous model and I found doing my top lip less effective. The shave quality is good but not noticeable better than the previous one. The sideburns trimmer could do with being a bit longer but is effective enough. The charging system is a vast improvement and lasts for over two weeks. My only real criticism is the larger size, particularly when you're travelling when you have to take the cradle, charger and razor, which don't all fit in the carry case.
on 2 May 2014
i brought this hoping it would be a really good shave especially as most reviews rated it well i don't it worked just as well as 1 i brought years ago for a fraction of the price has defo put me off buying an expensive 1 again i risked it thinking bound to be better as it is expensive how wrong i was please don't make the same mistake as me
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 May 2013
Over 2 years ago I was converted from the traditional shave with blades, like Gillette, by this:
Philips RQ1260 SensoTouch GyroFlex 3D Rechargeable Rotary Shaver With Travel Pouch - this was the first electric shaver that I had tried, that actually worked as well as a blade. It shaved closely and allowed you to use a wet foam or gel with no chance of the nicks and cuts that seem inevitable with blades.

This became an essential for me and I didn't want to be without one. So when I saw this one, which is slightly cheaper, yet seems to be an upgrade in terms of features, I was keen to get it. It is very similar to the RQ1260, but I think it looks slightly better with its black and shiny chrome. This makes the display on the handle clearer. It also has a beard trimmer as a separate head.

The other upgrade is in the stand - where the RQ1260 had a fixed stand, this newer model has a folding stand which works just as well, but now can be fitted into the pouch when travelling. This is an elegant improvement to the design and it all feels to be of a high quality - made in the Netherlands - rather than the Far Eastern origin of most small electricals.

In use, this feels like a definite improvement on the older models and by registering, you can upgrade the guarantee from 2 to 3 years. These shavers may appear expensive, but I was buying packs of blades every few weeks, that cost ten to fifteen pounds a time - which adds up to a lot more over the course of a few years. I am convinced that this is the only way to shave for me now and I would recommend this to anybody who feels there might be a better option.
66 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 November 2012
These shavers are as good as a wet razor and although they are a little pricey to start with I am sure I will get a saving in in the long run. I find these are best used with shaving foam and hot water. And the fact that it comes with an attachment to cut hair is good for the likes of a baldy git like me.
I feel that these are good value for money.
on 12 October 2013
I'd had my old Philips shaver for the best part of 9 years i bought this upgrade for a few good reasons : I have sensitive skin , i was going on a 3 week holiday and i was curious how far shaving technology had got.
Shaving is very painless it is light well balanced and the shaving heads glide across the skin effortlessly even with a few days growth i would normally get a shaving burn across my neck area but with this shaver not even red blotches. I was a bit dubious about taking it on holiday in the manual it recommends a full charge takes two hours i shaved every other day for three weeks and i charged it once -fantastic. The shaving process takes a small amount of time from shaving to opening out the heads brushing them clean not fiddly at all battery is indicated clearly by a number of white horizontal lines on the chrome like faceplate.
Quite pricey nice solid build and gives a fantastic shave,Highly recommended.
on 9 December 2012
I have used philips shavers for some years. I have always been satisfied with them. But I must admit that RQ 1275 is the best. Smooth and nice shaving.