on 29 June 2013
Bought this keyboard as I've got a few iOS devices and was sick of prodding at the screen. I'm a touch typist and write the occasional long email/blog post/ransom demand so thought this would be a good investment.

Got the keyboard this morning and am typing this very review on it. It's pleasant to look at, lightweight and compact in terms of its dimensions. I'm finding typing on it a total breeze. I can easily hit all the keys without squishing my hands or mis-typing and the keys are weighted similar to a Macbook with just the right amount of resistance and squash to provide a little tactile and audio feedback. It came with a little kickstand for the iPad/iPhone which works like a charm and the packaging also included two AAA batteries. Pairing via bluetooth to any iOS device takes less than 5 seconds and is totally straightforward.

A couple of major pros:

- The keyboard features a load of iOS specific hotkeys assigned to the F keys up top. These include a 'home' button (F1) which you can press to go back to the springboard or double press to bring up multitasking. Volume keys for adjusting volume, a finder key and an on-screen keyboard summoning/cancelling button, all of which are pretty handy.

-I love having the ability to CMD+A, CMD+V, CMD+C without having to tap the screen, wait for the copy/paste dialogue to pop up etc. It makes typing and editing text extremely fast.

- The price. This is a quality product that I expect will last a while and take a few knocks without dropping to bits yet it only costs £14!

Overall:
I know this sounds a little sycophantic but I can't really fault this keyboard. For £14 it totally delivers and will significantly enhance your iOS experience if you're a touch typer or write a fair bit. The compat-ish form factor is not a significant problem and I'm a 6ft bloke with fairly large hands so that statement should apply to most people. The inclusion of iOS-specific keys is a huge bonus and significantly broadens the usefulness of the keyboard. A++ would type again.
on 19 January 2013
If you regularly use your iPad for making notes, lists, recording recipes - any kind of reasonably sustained text entry - then this little keyboard makes the job much easier. You prop up the iPad somewhere on a stand (very basic but works) and can then use the keyboard on your lap or a handy surface. I had no trouble getting it to connect with my Series 3 iPad. A techy friend of mine was impressed enough to order one of his own - what more can you ask?
on 15 December 2013
I really like this keyboard, I bought it for my new hudl and it works brill, it is so much easy for me to use instead of using the touch screen which I do not like because my hands are very bad, thank you
on 26 February 2014
Works perfectly well with an iPad 4. The downside is that the keycaps are black and the letters are thin white. If you are a touch-typist then you'll be fine. I'm not - I usually use a very clicky old IBM (well Dell copy) keyboard that is so ancient it has no windows key. In the light the keyboard is great - in the gloom of the sitting room with the TV on (where else would you use an iPad?) I can't see the symbols.
on 15 June 2014
I purchased this for my Dell Venue Pro 8 tablet (which runs full-fat Microsoft Windows 8) and it worked seamlessly. It's a good enough size to make typing on it pleasurable and certainly beats an on-screen virtual keyboard. The only issue is that the layout is U.S.-orientated with the " and @ key positions reversed. There seems to be a lack of bluetooth keyboards with UK English layouts, I guess manufacturers are getting lazy and greedy and can't be bothered to localize for the countries they sell their products in.
on 4 February 2015
Just what I needed, connects to all my Bluetooth devices effortlessly and performs extremely well.
Although described as primarily for apple products I find it perfectly suitable for my Android and Windows devices provided you accept that on occasions some apple dedicated keys may not do what you expect on other Os's. (Works OK on Windows though duplicating the Windows Key)
I love the size of this keyboard too being just a few inches wider than my 7" Windows tablet.
Key presses are comfortable and positive and even though I suffer from "Fat finger syndrome" I cope with this keyboard perfectly well.
Being described as an Amazon 'essentials' product I am well pleased with the finish and quality of this relatively inexpensive keyboard.
on 18 August 2014
I'm fairly annoyed at Amazon of this product. I specifically sought out a UK Qwerty keyboard, so that It'd have the " over the 2, the | and \ to the left of the Z and the ~ and # to the left of the return key, because as a developer, I use those symbols a lot.

It doesn't. This product is not a UK keyboard. It is a 105 rather than 104 key variant, and it has a Euro and £ symbols, but it is not a GB variant keyboard. It works ok, as a 105 key version of a US keyboard, but that's not what I wanted, or ordered, but I can't be bothered to go through the returns process, so I'll deal with it.
on 13 August 2014
I purchased both the Anker T320 Bluetooth keyboard and this AmazonBasics one so I thought I would do a comparison. Even though this is almost twice as heavy compared to the incredibly light Anker, the AmazonBasics keys feel much more superior and accurate. The Anker would often double register a keystroke, which can be really annoying if you are typing fast and having to track back and correct it.

The keys of the AmazonBasics are not too firm but still provide good response. I'd be satisfied with this as my main keyboard. Used with the iPad mini, it has most of the function buttons you'd expect. One drawback would be a lack of cap-lock light but that's normal for this price range. Compared to everything else in the world, this keyboard is still relatively light and you won't feel it much in your backpack. A lot of people have been complaining about lag with this keyboard but I have not experienced this myself. Perhaps when the battery is low this might happen. It does connect a little slower than the Anker but all things considered, I'd grab it over the Anker in all circumstances.
on 31 May 2014
Great keyboard, easy to set up, and connectivity to nearly everything, I have used it on the PC, Macbook, Apple TV and laptop, this works with all of them simply by pressing a button to connect, great value for money and a number of function buttons that work well, not all systems work with the buttons however most systems will have some functionality.

Nice feeling keys which feel firm when pushed, leading to a great additional to have in the home for easier connectivity.
on 28 December 2014
I'm trying to stop lugging my laptop everywhere and use my iPad Air instead. For this, an external keyboard is vital. I looked at some of the all-in-one keyboard and cases from Belkin and Logitech. But these are too bulky and expensive for me - you're almost back to the thickness of a laptop, and I wanted to be able to use the iPad alone most of the time.

This Bluetooth keyboard solves all of those problems: it's cheap, light and compact. It slips into my bag taking hardly any space and I can keep my iPad in its nice Apple leather cover. I also bought the Amazon stand, although the keyboard actually comes with a simple fold-out stand to hold your iPad when typing, which is probably enough - try it before you order a separate stand.

The keyboard connects instantly to the iPad, and you'll find it much quicker for typing - including the ability to use keyboard shortcuts, and much easier text selection and cut/copy/paste.