on 22 September 2014
Bought for family computer and it is perfect. It rivals my Microsoft Sidewinder x6. I can type really fast if not faster on this than my sidewinder. I bought this without looking at the specs but was surprised when I discovered it had really helpful shortcuts that make a tired old win XP machine more enjoyable. These shortcuts are the calculator, file explorer, media centre (don't use it though), play/pause/rewind/fastforward/stop. Really good build quality and has a satisfying typing sound, not loud. If you have an expensive keyboard and want to buy a friend or family a cheap one, this one will surprise you.
on 15 September 2014
Beautiful and stylish this qwerty keyboard has a gloss finish between the keys and comes with a satifying plastic film to peel off.
The keyboard is thin at the front and has a nice sturdy profile.
Only "basic" thing about this board is that it neglects any adjustable support at the back meaning it wont raise or flatten. the default angle however is comfortable so no big loss.
the gap between keys doesnt leave them feeling spread out despite aplearances and my touch typing was not effected at all.
Low profile keys and soft LED lights in the numpad/capslock are very nice.
Without the usual gap between kyyboard and keys theres no pube gutter to collect your crumbs so it remains clean other than your fingerprints.

Overall a very comfortable keyboard stylish and value for money, not silent or loud buy on all, well above what i would hace expected for the price on a "basic" keyboard, very pleased
on 9 July 2013
I type between 6 and 8 hours a day and I needed a new keyboard. I can't believe that this one was so cheap. It it a full-sized keyboard. Very easy to work with for long hours. The keys are very responsive and spaced away from each other.

Very happy with this purchase and would definitely recommend this keyboard to anyone.
on 10 May 2014
Arrived very quickly. Thanks Amazon.

I wanted a low-profile key set and this provides that. However it is no quieter than a traditional keyboard in use. The key travel is short so that is part the way there for me. Nearer to a laptop in feel.

As for the "Frustration Free" packaging ... I disagree. Yes it's the trademark plain buff cardboard we have come to expect but getting it open was fiddly. There is a paper seal over the tabs you need to pull out so you can't actually see them and can't see how they interconnect. In the end I had to use a sharp knife to cut through sticker and cardboard to get it open. Hardly frustration free. You really don't want to have to be logged on to your computer, looking at the Amazon pictures to figure out how to open it, do you? Once in the layout is "upside down" compared with any other keyboards I've bought. Not quite as shown in the product photos. The cable is at the "front" and the keyboard facing away from you as you open. Not particularly worrying, just odd. Maybe just my particular example.

A rethink is suggested Amazon.

Note, the glossy finish will show every mark and smudge and mote of dust too.

Works though and very cheap. Volume controls very useful as is the calculator shortcut key. There's also one to open a File Explorer window and one for Media Player.
on 1 April 2014
It's a keyboard... What more can I say. The hot keys work fine with my computer (as this is a replacement for a previous keyboard where the lettering of the keys faded away. - Not encountered this problem yet and had it for over 6 weeks now).

The keys are slimmer than on the traditional keyboard, however it's pretty loud when typing (quieter than a traditional chunky keyboard, but louder than a laptop's keyboard). So unfortunately giving it 4/5. Does the job though!
on 10 February 2015
Having been through keyboard after keyboard, expensive and cheap - 8 models later and it's the AmazonBasics one that just DOES THE JOB.

Wired - which I love - can't stand wireless keyboards.

Solid build - nice key action - couldn't ask for more.
on 2 April 2014
My computer is used by virtually everyone in the family - including my three year old granddaughter so it was no surprise when my keyboard gave up the ghost! This new keyboard is fantastic to use - my teenage granddaughters now want one as well. Delivery was superb - not too much packaging and prompt. A real bargain price - would recommend this item for performance and price.
on 11 September 2014
Im so surprised a product this good quality and premium could be so cheap. The reason I purchased this item was because I have had there USB mouse for 3 years and it's still perfectly running. This keyboard is very nice to type on however as all keyboard takes a little to get use to. There is only one bad thing which is the USB cable is way to short, which would struggle to reach to a computer under the desk. Still 100% recommend however you made need a USB extender cable.
on 1 April 2015
Nice size keys, good feel and no sign of the letters wearing off. Easier to clean than the clunky-key cheap supermarket keyboards. Glossy black finish and the compact design meant I've now bought a couple of these and will likely buy another as a spare. Good value
VINE VOICEon 16 April 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My wife needed a new keyboard, and just at the right time, this appeared on the vine. Contrary to some of the other reviews here, it is actually quite good. It is Amazon Basics, so if you expecting top quality, look elsewhere. We have both found the action of the keys fine, not noisy or loose, and the angle is just fine on the desk. My own Microsoft keyboard is no more adjustable, so I don't see an issue. Remember, read the word "Basics", and put your expectations in perspective.