Format: DVD|Change

on 9 April 2014
This is an ok movie to watch. Personal I think they should just drop the romantic tag from the genre, then again I did not really find anything funny about the movie either so I guess that will have to go as well. Having said that this was not the worst representative of the genre, yes the humour is more crude than funny, but that is just the way things are going. Luckily these were a lot less and far between. So that was liveable. The crude factor is toned done more in this movie then in others of its kind. An ok movie I did not feel as bad renting it as I did not buy it. The only reason I would give this 3 stars instead of the 2 is because the acting is a notch above usual. There are a couple of times during speeches that actually make the movie worth watching.
on 14 January 2013
How disappointing this film is! I was so looking forward to watching the film after all the hype and its supposed similarities with 'Bridesmaids. It was so boring but I kept watching hoping it had been a slow start and would get better as it went along! Not to be, it was one of the worst films I have ever watched, so unfair to the league of good actors and actresses that were in it. The bottom line is it just wasn't funny, safe your money!!
The film starts off with some crude over the top humor at an attempt to be cute and clever. It doesn't work well and nearly caused me to eject my DVD. It then settles down to a circle of friends, 2 couples plus Jason (Adam Scott) and Julie (Jennifer Westfeldt) who are very close friends who know each other too well to have a sexual relationship.

The film flash forwards 4 years. The couples have kids and their lives are in disarray. Julie surmises she wants to have a child, be a divorced mom so she can find the man of her dreams. Her friend Jason agrees to father the child and be "100% committed 50% of the time." Things work out as they have a nanny and most important Jason helps out with the child. Their home is neat and clean unlike their married friends. They have an open arrangement and it is time for the soul mates to move on and start dating other people. At this point the comedy takes a serious wane as a shallow film attempts to find some depth. It doesn't work.

Kristen Wiig, a fan favorite was excellent in her brief role. For people who like odd romantic comedies, this might do as a rental.

PARENTAL GUIDE: Frequent F-bombs, sex, brief Internet nudity, sex talk.
on 14 September 2013
Based on reading so may of the 1 star reviews I expecting something awful but it wasn't. It was a lovely story about friendship and love. The ending was pretty standard and obvious but the film as a whole was sweet, clever, witty and once again...lovely. The two lead roles were great, Adam Scott was fab.
on 14 January 2015
I thought I would watch this film after my fav film Bridesmaids, omg what a let down! The main characters were talking over each other, a predictable storyline, so boring, I had to apologise to hubby who sat through it with me! Not impressed, straight to the charity shop already! Don't bother buying.
on 18 June 2014
What a waste of an hour and a half. Trite, poorly acted (total waste of Chris O'Dowd's talent) rubbish. A cringe-worthy pile of nonsense which was the nearest visual thing to dragging nails down a blackboard. I thought with the Bridesmaids cast in tow it would have been at least half as brilliantly funny. But no. Don't waste your time. It was p**
on 15 August 2014
Not as hilarious as I was expecting personally but the cast is great and it's an easy to follow plot with a few twist and turns alongside the obvious outcomes! Recommend to any fans of Bridesmaids, Friends with Benefit.
on 4 March 2013
Okay! So the 15 certificate tells you that the film has adult content but I guess it depends on the definition of adult. This film has good moments and performances but like so many in the genre is completely ruined by guttural sexual interplay trying to disguise itself as witty dialogue. Is this Hollywood's strategy to get men into cinemas to watch romcoms? Possibly the worst and most tasteless final scene in history-discuss! When Harry met Sally is Shakespeare compared to this film.
on 11 November 2012
I saw this at the cinema and honestly wished I hadn't bothered. A good evening's entertainment it wasn't.

It's about a group of friends moving on from being responsibility free to having children and how their relationships change. The woman who wrote and directed this also stars in it as one of the group who is single but would quite like a child. So she enters into this strange arrangement with a male member of the group to get pregnant and they agree to both have an equal part in bringing up the child without having to be in a relationship.

The couples who are married and have kids just end up bickering throughout this movie. If I want to watch that I can turn on any number of trashy reality TV shows at home. The couple who are bringing up a child without being in a relationship are too smug and you have little sympathy for them as characters.

The dialogue is at times cringe worthy (especially the last few lines of the whole film which literally had me wanting to hide under my seat). There is very little humour in this film. I've seen Bridesmaids and was howling with laughter. I left this film feeling depressed.
on 25 September 2013
The cast sounds like it's going to be hilarious and really good, however I was quite disappointed. I thought the trailer made it seem much much better than it really was. Very cliché and knew what to expect from the beginning of the film.