Top critical review
4 people found this helpful
Ok but expected better quality for this price
on 13 December 2017
First impressions was very good quality.
1) The shape of the handle is ergonomic and easy to hold with a strong feel.
2) The red spot in the middle changes colour when the pan is hot enough which is very helpful.
3) Non stick coating works really well.
4) Does not take long to heat up. compared to thicker pans.
1) There is non stick coating all around this pan including the bottom, so when you want to move the pan on the hob (to move food around the pan) the bottom coating scrapes off very easily. It would have been better to keep the bottom as stainless steel with no coating or another material.
2) The pan is very thin. For the price and the brand I was expecting a more robust feel, weight and thickness however it seems a little too thin for a premium/high-rated brand.
3) The chrome metal part of the handle which attaches the black handle to the pan - water gets trapped inside of this after washing. You have to drain the pan with the handle facing down to avoid trapped water. I think over time trapped water will eventually rust the connecting part of the handle, the screw. Another problem with this is water drains onto the hob if you forget to drain it out properly and go straight into cooking.
4) The milk pan is useless when pouring milk/liquid. There is no pouring point around the rim, which causes the issue of liquid flowing along the outside of the pan and falling off at the base (which means liquid/milk all over your table). Very bad design.