on 27 May 2013
Character Building Doctor Who Dalek Spaceship Set A dreadful, difficult toy to build, this can never be completed as it`s impossible for the parts to remain together. Looks great on the picture on the box but you will never reach that stage. Who ever designed this toy has never tried and tested it.Kids steer clear from this toy as it will just frustrate you and your mum will just end up hovering it all up!
on 25 October 2013
I'm reviewing this item as a builder myself,
People got a lot of negative things about this set,
And in some of them i agree, but in others not.
Everyone says it falls appart alot, at first i agreed, but if you re construced it,
AND PAY VERY WELL ATTENTION, en make sure it's all well put togeter,
It doest damage, break or fall apart, thow i do experience that the scimmer car falls out alot,
All with all i say a 3 star rating.
on 30 November 2012
i ordered the spaceship when it was first delivered it was a dalek factory so had to reorder although i kept both they are an apsaloot nightmare to make up and really not sutible for younger children/additional needs children my husband and i have taken hours to make up these up and still not managed it but great if they are for collectors
on 28 December 2012
I have never written a review of a product before but feel I should warn people about the Character Building Dalek Saucer. The main parts of the model are held to together with four lots of two stud pieces. The small skimmer part doesn't stay together and neither do the different elements within the body of the model. It is, as other reviewers have said, incredibly difficult to keep in one piece once built. My 8-year old son became frustrated trying to build it, I took over and eventually built the model, only for it to fall apart as soon as he tried to play with it. I've have spend the whole of Christmas building my son's HM armed forces CB models and my daughter's Lego Friends models with no problems. Unless this model is just going to be put up on display and not played with, I would recommend that you steer clear.
on 26 December 2012
My seven year old has had tears of frustration and anger bursts trying to get the damn thing to stay together. The instructions are very confusing and the structure falls apart when you breathe on it, never mind trying to complete the build. Nowhere near the quality you get with Lego, stay away even if you are a Dr Who fan. Same can be said for the Darlek factory. Would rate both 0 stars if that was possible.
on 13 January 2013
This a poor substitute for Lego. The pieces are not manufactured to the same standard, they don't stay together without glue, and the instructions are pretty poor. Given the price of the Character Building items I would have expected much better. Sadly not. I have had to build this twice now for my 7-year old son, the second time with copious amounts of glue. The first time it fell apart after 5 minutes, not impressed. I can't say I gained much enjoyment from building it, the design is pretty poor. Hopefully my son will get some fun out of using it now it is glued together, although the Daleks included are not as advertised.

Pretty poor overall, I won't be buying any more of these.
on 15 December 2012
bought as a present, nephew absolutey loved, competively priced to other outlets. only down side, was left on my door step, did not even leave a card to say it had ben delivered,was very lucky it did not go missing. i was suprised at this as usually parcels ge left round the back out of sight. couriers issues, did inform amazon
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 11 January 2014
This is a short review. Sorry, I mean slightly long.

1.Fun. As in the the title, it depends. For a 8 year olds toy, not fantastic, as it falls apart. For display, good in mature hands due to its, in my mind, looks. But for scene building, decent in most young peoples hands, and quite good in mature hands.

2.Education. You may think its just a toy used on holidays, but I value that despite this, it does show plating with the bodywork and also in one part, show joints at work. But its still falls down here.

3.Durability. This is the worst part BY A COUNTRY MILE. It is quite incredibly fragile. You might as well made it out of glass, because if you drop it, game over. Push on it to hard, turn it the wrong way or even pick it up, they all lead to you being forced to make repairs.

4.Overall. But in the end, I still think this is a great lego creation. Despite the durability problem, in the end you get used to it and hey, repairing lego may be time consuming, but its not rocket science.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 16 November 2013
Only my second review but I really must warn people not to buy this toy even at the reduced rate! No wonder it is reduced in price. Almost impossible to put and keep together even for an adult! Really unfair with children being bombarded with publicity for Dr Who and then selling totally inferior and unsuitable toys!
on 29 November 2012
This is a total waste of money. The construction of the toy is highly fiddly and the design makes it very time consuming to construct. It took me just over 3 hours to build, this after my 7 year old gave up. In fact the toy has a number of design flaws with making construction actually impossible - for instance the removable mini-saucer being just the least of them.

Oh and there were quite a few smaller parts missing...

The only means I found to keep this thing together was by adding a number of a certain competitors extra bit.

Just don't buy this - buy something else instead - anything just not this.