Format: Audio CD|Change

on 21 November 2012
This is so melodious, I put it on when I do the ironing and I finish it in no time, it makes me very happy, the singing is so good, and it's unbelievable that they are not professional singers, this would make a great present.
on 19 April 2017
bought as a gift for a relative, they loved it
on 17 April 2017
great
on 4 May 2017
lovely
on 15 March 2017
It was unfortunate that when this disc came through, the case was right but had the wrong disc in it.....!
This is the second album by The Military Wives and it builds on their debut album, although, the overall style is slightly different. This CD covers a wide spectrum of music from the title track "Stronger Together" through "In The Bleak Midwinter" to "One Voice" (originally by Barry Manilow), then a medley of "Songs That Won the War" and concludes with a Remembrance Version of "In My Dreams" - there's plenty more in between too such as "Sing" - the Diamond Jubilee anthem.

I can't see how anyone wouldn't be inspired and uplifted by the quality of this choir (and the solos). Everyone involved in the production of this album must have worked so hard at a time when they are under great personal strain. Gareth Malone has, again, marshalled the determination, energy and talent of the choir to produce a great album. The whole country should be so proud of The Military Wives and draw inspiration from their achievements in adversity.

An excellent album produced by very special people and a shining example to all of us - in my view, an essential album. The fact that a minimum of £1 per CD sold goes to charity is also a solid reason to buy this quality CD. Recommended.
on 7 November 2012
I am sat listening to Stronger Together, the second play. The first time I played it I thought yes, good,it is what I was expecting. The second play I am just blown away. The Military Wives should be on everyones to buy list. I just hope it receives the recognition it deserves. The voices, emotion and what the Military Wives stand for should make this a must buy. Do not just take my word for it go and buy it, you will not be disappointed.
on 13 November 2012
This is a glorious album and inspirational to listen to.
I love "Stronger Together " (the title track).
There are now many Choirs based around the country, so the songs are sung by different choirs.
There are songs specially written for the military wives, some super choices of covers, a couple of carols and a medley of 2nd world war songs.
The solo singing is excellent. You would not know this is an "amateur" choir!
on 7 November 2012
This album is incredible. The songs are breathtakingly beautiful and are sung with such beauty. I was honoured enough to be a part of this album as am in the Shorncliffe Military Wives Choir but in all truthfulness I would have rushed straight out and purchased this album anyways. The compilation of songs are really apt to how army life is and give me goosebumps every time I hear them. Wonderful buy and makes a stunning gift to anyone (not just family and friends of the forces).
If you buy one album this year then make it `Stronger Together` as you will not be disappointed.
33 Comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 July 2013
I bought this album as a little gift for my mum who watched the Military Wives TV show. She absolutely loves it and listens to it all the time. Would definitely recommend.