Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Discover more Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

This is the second album by The Military Wives and it builds on their debut album, although, the overall style is slightly different. This CD covers a wide spectrum of music from the title track "Stronger Together" through "In The Bleak Midwinter" to "One Voice" (originally by Barry Manilow), then a medley of "Songs That Won the War" and concludes with a Remembrance Version of "In My Dreams" - there's plenty more in between too such as "Sing" - the Diamond Jubilee anthem.

I can't see how anyone wouldn't be inspired and uplifted by the quality of this choir (and the solos). Everyone involved in the production of this album must have worked so hard at a time when they are under great personal strain. Gareth Malone has, again, marshalled the determination, energy and talent of the choir to produce a great album. The whole country should be so proud of The Military Wives and draw inspiration from their achievements in adversity.

An excellent album produced by very special people and a shining example to all of us - in my view, an essential album. The fact that a minimum of £1 per CD sold goes to charity is also a solid reason to buy this quality CD. Recommended.
on 7 November 2012
I am sat listening to Stronger Together, the second play. The first time I played it I thought yes, good,it is what I was expecting. The second play I am just blown away. The Military Wives should be on everyones to buy list. I just hope it receives the recognition it deserves. The voices, emotion and what the Military Wives stand for should make this a must buy. Do not just take my word for it go and buy it, you will not be disappointed.
on 13 November 2012
This is a glorious album and inspirational to listen to.
I love "Stronger Together " (the title track).
There are now many Choirs based around the country, so the songs are sung by different choirs.
There are songs specially written for the military wives, some super choices of covers, a couple of carols and a medley of 2nd world war songs.
The solo singing is excellent. You would not know this is an "amateur" choir!
on 21 November 2012
This is so melodious, I put it on when I do the ironing and I finish it in no time, it makes me very happy, the singing is so good, and it's unbelievable that they are not professional singers, this would make a great present.
on 7 November 2012
This album is incredible. The songs are breathtakingly beautiful and are sung with such beauty. I was honoured enough to be a part of this album as am in the Shorncliffe Military Wives Choir but in all truthfulness I would have rushed straight out and purchased this album anyways. The compilation of songs are really apt to how army life is and give me goosebumps every time I hear them. Wonderful buy and makes a stunning gift to anyone (not just family and friends of the forces).
If you buy one album this year then make it `Stronger Together` as you will not be disappointed.
on 29 December 2013
All the songs are wonderful. Often cd's are filled with what I call fillers. Well this one isn't. It's magical each time I listen. An inspiring item which lifts you and gives you back belief in love and humanity if y A very personal experience, I would say.ou've had it knocked somewhat.
on 30 May 2013
The title says it all. While the music is uplifting and beauifully produced the title says it all - both the partner / spouse and their other half are stronger together but also the military wives give strength and are stronger when together singing, be it in practice or when performing. Long may these groups continue providing support to the wives and inpiration to the country.
on 18 February 2013
I received this CD on it's release date - which was just as well as eager to hear their songs on it.
Again not disappointed by them.

So well captured the emotion/blend of the voices on the songs produced it brings tears to my eyes every time I listen to it. For example:

'Stronger Together' written by Gareth Malone. You can feel (well I could) the unity/bond they have with one another.

I wonder what Gareth will come up next for their next CD?
on 13 January 2013
Purchased for my mother. She is really pleased and actually I was surprised by how much I liked it too. Much better than their first album and there are some very good soloists featured. Only thing is the one Christmas song which was nice as it was a Christmas gift but would annoy me if I were playing it during the rest of the year. Maybe I am just a grouch?!
on 21 January 2013
Gareth Malone should be awarded in the New Year's Honours lists.
His contribution to music, involving all sorts of communities is truly inspiring.
The "wives" are fantastic and so brave.
They will need even greater bravery and tenacity when/if their husbands are stood down, and no employment.
They all do a wonderful job.