on 14 January 2016
Not great possitioning of ports. The stand isn't great either. But the pannel has served me very well hoomes up to my laptop and my trusty old 2009 PS3 .

With good calibration you can even do photoshop and indesign work on it
on 1 May 2017
Phenomenal picture quality at the price
on 5 January 2014
Nice simple style, really thin, great colors and angle view!
Good price and it is worthing the money!
A A
on 14 February 2014
Emits a ticking sound every couple of seconds when in use and when in standby you can hear the standby LED hum when it illuminates.

If you have an ambient noisey noise you won't hear it, but in a silent room it can be a little distracting.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 June 2013
Well what can i say? very good came without any problem the delivery was very fast and the package so far 0 problem since i got it
on 26 August 2012
Great quality monitor for the price. Very thin and light. Lots of options and presets available for adjusting the picture. Every input you need. Super power saving mode. No complaints whatsoever.
I bought this monitor after a lot of research.
I chose the IPS LED technology over the TN one, due to the better colours and the better viewing angle; although the viewing angle wasn't something that important to me.

At first I was worried about the response time of the panel, as websites had misleading information of it.
Long story short, after a call to LG, I found out the IPS234V, was the latest IPS panel they had, and it boasted an amazing 5ms response time.
This was great, especially considering ASUS's website, and customer service lacks so much, that I couldn't find out if their panels were IPS or not, and more so what their real response time was.

So I went ahead and got the IPS234V.
As soon as I got it in, the first thing I notice was how light it was. Super light.
Secondly, as other reviewers had pointed out on the internet, I found the stand to be a little weak and wobbly. It doesn't really matter if you mount this monitor, as it does have your standard VESA (75x75) mounts, and more so, doesn't matter if you got a sturdy desk, and don't move your monitor around much. Thus the stand is something to bear in mind, but that said, LG is known for having weak stands, even on their 42" TV's.

Anyway, now the image.
The image at first was nice, but not perfect, after several hours of tweaking and playing around I nailed the colour calibration with my PC and Xbox.

I have the LG connected via DVI to my PC, and via HDMI to my Xbox.

The image on this panel is absolutely amazing.
Pin-point clear, lovely colours, amazing real-life image like reproduction.
It put my 2yr old ASUS PW201 (LCD 8ms) to shame, and in its bed.

Overall, the image, the price and the overall reproduction of colours of the panel are simply outstanding.
The only thing that gets me each time, is the input selection.
If I were to switch off my Xbox, whilst having my PC on. The screen will start searching for the Xbox signal - instead of switching to my PC's connection.
Also, each time the screen refreshes, a little pop-up at the top right will come up, saying "DVI" for example. this includes when your PC boots up, with the screen going on/off between the bios screen and the boot-up - which could lead some people crazy, but I ignore it, and don't pay attention to it.

Anyway, great screen, does what it says on the tin, and runs BF3 both on Xbox and PC (60FPS) with no problems. Do bear in mind you WILL get tearing, if you don't have Vsync on, as usually the GPU will be stronger than your monitor.
22 Comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 September 2012
The monitor came with no dead pixels whatsoever so kudos to LG's quality control.
There are few buts:
Colours are quite nice but not perfect. The so called Mega Contrast Ratio delivers blacks that can see improvement. While making blacks black it also affects shadows of grey near the absolute black making them indistinguishable from the blacks. No amount of extensive tinkering could get the shadows look nice and crisp as in higher priced quality monitors. This can be quite serious issue if you want to edit photos but I guess it affects all of LG TVs as well so must be their engine's idiosyncrasies.
The viewing angles are good but still there is very slight shift in colour.
The intrusive red power switch is annoying. Even though it is possible to switch off from the menu it still flashes when computer is in standby mode. I am considering painting it black with a marker leaving just a dot to see the status.
The wobbly stand is really wobbly. I fear it can snap soon if vigourously shaken accidently. Not an issue of course if wall or arm mounted.
Otherwise a nice looking monitor with a choice of connections, it is very thin and light with low power consumption. The external power brick is a bonus I guess as can be easily replaced if blown.
Dual monitor setup can be easily achieved with included software.
The manufacturer's warranty is 2 years in case you were wondering. I wish Amazon made it clear in the description as it took me a while to get confirmation from LG before purchase.
Good quality monitor for the price but not good enough for serious photo/video editing in my view.
Would recommend if happy to live with huge flashing red button and wobbly stand.
55 Comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 October 2012
Basically all the reviews are bang on. Its a great piccy. The screen produces a cracking picture and at all angles. So as its main job it excels. My gripe is the vesa mounting if you wish to wall mount this and mount it flush say in a kitchen then why the hell would LG have all the fittings point directly out at the wall. Ok you could get an angled hdmi lead, but the supplied power cable jack sticks out as much as the hdmi! They should have all have connections vertical. That with the wobbly stand has to cost it some stars. But that said the picture is fantastic.
22 Comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 January 2013
This LG monitor is rated as a budget ips screen which is about right, the stand is a bit weak as many have commented on, the veiwing angles are great,colour is very deep, I turned mine down as well as the contrast and brightness as they were close to melting my eyes.
The monitor is built to a price which is fair enough but does have vga,dvi and hdmi inputs,mine has very slight bleeding on the bottom which was reduced when i turned down the contrast and brightness, not a deal killer as I have seen monitors costing far more with this problem and some are a lot worse and it can vary between units, but the thing that may or may not annoy you is ips glow in the corners or edges depending on where you are looking, this is only visible in a dark room while watching films to be honest.
I have played a few games and have not noticed any ghosting, to sum up you get a good monitor with great veiwing angles and a good image for a tad over £100.

See one answered question