on 25 December 2016
25 December 2016
This cable as I got for the back TV now I can use it with my laptop USB it is very easy to use and got more speed.
The cable may be part of the 'basics' range, but it seems sturdy and good quality. It has the amazon basics branding on the connectors and the blue colour inside to signify that it's USB3. Now I can quickly and easily plug in my USB memory stick and can get great speeds. I did a couple of tests using my stick (Sandisk 64gb extreme). With it connected to my old USB2 extension cable, I was only able to get read and write speeds of just under 36MB/s using a benchmarking tool. When I plugged the stick into this USB3 extension cable, I got read speeds of over 205MB/s and write speeds of over 186MB/s - blazingly quick compared to the USB2 speeds. Am very happy I USB 3.0
3 people found this helpful
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 22 February 2018
Usual high standard and (relatively) low cost I have come to expect from the Amazon Basics brand. OK, so not as cheap as some but you can be sure you are getting good quality items which makes them the best value on Amazon as far as I'm concerned. They really are sturdy as well, no thin cables here or fear that the end pieces will fall apart in no time.

Not much more to say, other than everything I have connected to these extenders has worked: from thumb drives, to external hard drives to external DVD burner.
on 2 January 2016
I have several USB 2 extensions from Amazon lying around and they work great, so this was the obvious choice when I needed a USB 3 one for a USB hub, where speeds matter. It was a little expensive at £4 for 1M, but it is well worth it. It works great and is a lot more reliable than any other extensions I have used. It is also able to transmit power and data, which is a plus for my use, and probably most people's uses.

These are also a cheaper option for lengthening charging cables, rather than buying a new cable, especially in the case of Apple Lightning cables, which tend to be relatively expensive even if they are third party.

The cable is thick, but not too thick, so it should be fairly durable over time.

Overall, a good USB 3 extension cable, which transmits power, data, and is durable.
on 25 June 2017
There is nothing to complaint about it. It is not bad quality and at the same time it is not a wonderful product. As it is says in the label, it is Basics and I couldn't get one such cable anywhere else in the shops. Thanks Amazon for understanding real customer needs. This is really handy as most of the modern TVs come with just one USB port and there is no way you can connect an external keyboard and an external hard drive without connecting an external hub and again, this cable is handy to connect a hub and then connect all different USB devices.
on 2 August 2017
I bought this to use with the Freecom 56057 1TB Tough Drive USB 3.0 2.5 inch External Hard Drive and it doesn't work. The hard drive came with a short USB cable so I wanted to extend it. I thought this would do the trick but it doesn't work. The short USB that comes with the hard drive works so it's not a problem with the hard drive or my PC. I missed the refund window but it's only £5 so I guess I have to take the hit. I'll be skeptical/weary buying AmazonBasics products in the future.
One person found this helpful
on 23 April 2016
Great little USB 3 extension cable. For "basics" range the cable is very thick and durable as well as gold plated usb ends. Very good price also

I was able to use this to extend my USB card reader, which is attached to the roof of my desk, all the way to the back of my PC easily. The length is perfect without it needing to be any shorter nor longer.

Overall very useful for when you need a USB device at the front of your PC while keeping your setup looking clean.
review image
One person found this helpful
on 28 March 2018
Got three of these in use with 2 on my corsair k70 keyboard that has 2 wires
1 wire for keyboard and the second for the usb port on the keyboard that I have used for a Bluetooth dongle with no lag and now my snowball Mic with no lag

And the third one is for my corsair sabre mouse.... no lag, if there is then the human eye cannot see it, I tested it with dpi ranging from 500 to 9000
on 18 April 2017
I only bought this cable for one reason... The cable on my TechNet USB3.0 Hub was too short and kept getting in the way. I have used the cable for multiple things since I bought it... extending an external HDD cable, connecting a keyboard to my TV and using it from the other side of the room and charging my phone with a plug to far away for my normal cable. As it is USB3.0 it can run at great speeds and maintain stable file transfer speeds.
on 16 November 2016
Well lets face it a cable is a cable, however this one just happens to be a good one. The quality is excellent and its good value pc world do them for three times the price. You may find that adding a hub is a good idea too depending on how your set up is. Amazon do a 3m one as well and unless its required for that actual distance it can be a bit too unyielding in tight spaces so this one really is a good all rounder and more importantly it does not effect the high speed transfer rate of usb 3.0.
on 28 December 2016
Not compatible with Oculus Rift sensors, didn't work on my system where a 2m "Ugreen" USB 3.0 cable had worked. Operates as a USB 2 cable according to "USBTreeView" which reflects my experience. Could be that 3m passive extensions are just too long for USB3.0. Active 5m extension from CSL works well for me instead.
3 people found this helpful