Customer reviews

Katy Perry: Part Of Me [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 1 August 2017
Love this movie 🎥 perfect for Katy Cats.
on 3 June 2017
Great DVD fantastic.
on 23 September 2017
I am very happy with my DVD I ordered on Katy perry
on 24 June 2017
Great
on 13 November 2014
Surprisingly entertaining and informative. I expected less, but got more. And by the by, Katy Perry is ambitious, interesting, talented and altogether a very intelligent young woman.
on 31 October 2016
Great
on 1 October 2014
Marvellous fantastic and good.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 September 2012
If you're a fan of a major pop star you may get to go to a concert but unless you're one of the lucky few who knows somebody who know somebody you are unlikely to make it all the way backstage and meet your inspiration up close and personal. Part of me presents a rare opportunity to do exactly that, a backstage pass to and a fly on the wall look at the California Dreams tour.

I will be the first to admit that I am not Katy Perry's number one fan. I don't own any of her albums, but I do respect her accomplishments, and admire her charisma and presence and the fact that she did manage to get five number ones singles off her Teenage Dreams album.

In so doing she matched an accomplishment only ever achieved by Michael Jackson for Bad.

Her number one Billboard singles were: Last Friday Night (TGIF), California Gurls (featuring Snoop Dogg), the anthemic Firework, E.T (featuring Kanye West) and Teenage Dream.

As a writer I loved her use her use of alliteration on songs such as Hummingbird Heartbeat, and cherry chapstick on I Kissed a Girl.

Part of me is combination biography, concert tour, real life drama. I loved watching the performances and I think she is a tremendous songwriter with one of the best voices in the business and physically appealing too with those mighty alabaster orbs.

The bio part shows that overnight success only came after years of hard work, struggle and rejection. It's an inspiring story about persisting against the odds.

Although she was going through some tough personal stuff in her life during this tour particularly with the end of the marriage with Russell Brand I found this gave an emotional wallop to the movie. At one point before the concert in Rio she sobs uncontrollably in her dressing room. Her staff wonders if she can perform at all.

Then she calls for her makeup artist. On her way to the stage she breaks down again her body racked with sobs. Then she gets on the elevator to the stage, she turns on her lollipops and we see a change in her facial expression as her game face comes on. It's a wonder to behold. What a trouper.

Then the fans sing 'we love you Katy' in Portuguese almost as if they sense her struggle and lift her up. These were some of the greatest moments I will experience at any movie this year.

I commend her for letting us get so close and sharing something so deeply personal even though she was hurting at the time. In so doing she has fashioned a remarkable movie.

I loved this movie and highly recommend it even if you are not a huge fan but just love great performance and I hope you found this helpful.
on 7 October 2012
I went to see this at the cinema and really enjoyed it. It is essentially a year in the life of Katy on her world wide tour following all her ups and downs with life on the road. It has lots of footage of the actual concert which if you didnt go and see the tour it looked absoultly incredible you get to see all the favrioute songs firework,teenage dream,T.G.I Friday, hot n cold and lots more and if you did see the tour it is a fantastic way to relive the memory of the night you went to see it. You get to see lots of behind the scences how the tour was put together some of the costumes and reherseals,having fun with the tour crew and meet n greet with the fans she never disapoints no matter how tired she is feeling she always delivers. It is also emtional as you see her marrige to Russel Brand fall apart but even though it is the toughtest time she still vows to carry on to never disapoint her fans around the world to be the Katy Perry everyone knows and loves. If your a fan this is a must have and if your not it is a interesting watch of a famous popstar.
on 29 December 2013
I have been a fan of Katy Perry musics and loved her new album so my daughter brought me this for Christmas. I really enjoyed this DVD and it really shows that Katy Perry adores her fans and goes the extra mile to say thank you to them. This DVD is also sad with her strict up bringing and her marriage to Russel Brand. It shows her highs and low and the people she cares about and the people who love her.