on 4 August 2013
I bought this to drive the led strips lighting some shelving I made for my wife to display her ornaments. This transofrmer will drive 2 5M strips of 300 SMD LEDs without any trouble. It all worked perfectly and my wife is delighted with her shelves.
Highly recommended.
on 25 April 2014
This power brick works very well with a 5M LED strip light I bought to accompany it. Easy to set up, just plug in to the end of the lights, plug into the mains and hey presto, it works!

Seen some reviews of a few power supplies blowing up, glad to say mine hasn't yet.

One problem with it - I have it going under my desk - near the wall, from the beginning of the LED strip to the plug. This isn't a problem most of the time but occasionally I do kick it accidentally, and the mains-to-powerbrick connection isn't very secure so it comes out very easily, resulting in me having to crawl under my desk and re-attach it. Could probably easily solve this by putting it a bit more out of the way but thought I'd mention it as it's the only gripe I've got with this power supply!
on 24 January 2014
I received a butterfly labs Jalapeno miner, but as many people have found the power supply dies pretty quickly. I bought this as a replacement, and it appears to do the job. I've had the Jalapeno running constantly now for several days with no issues. I will update this again if I get any future issues.
on 22 May 2014
Didn't think to check at first, but I recently checked the output voltage with a volt meter. 16v was the reading!

Too late to return it now so will look elsewhere for an alternative. Powers my LED strips fine but now I worry that it might reduce the lifetime of them by overdriving the voltage so.

Otherwise it's fine. Pretty compact, gets a little warm but it is fairly high current. Mains lead required some force to insert but I won't be plugging/unplugging that often so not really a major issue. Only issue is the voltage, so if you buy just be sure to check it when you receive it so you can return it if it's too far off the mark.
44 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 March 2015
Seems like a good well made product purchased to replace a set top box power supply. set top box needed two amps as this is a 6 amp it should be fine, unfortunately I am getting a loud click through speakers/headphones every so often which I suspect may be generated by this psu this has not been proven yet. If not for this possible interference I would rate it with 5 stars
on 22 March 2016
Some of the reviews for this product were quite critical. As safety precaution, the first time I plugged them in, I had them far away from me, and switched the power on from the plug. Fortunately there was no problems. This seems to work fine, it doesnt overheat. It has an LED indicator, which is quite bright (and blue). Tiny and quiet noise can be heard when it is operating. I havent been able to tet for example earth pin continuity, nor I dont know about the resistance of the cord, as many cheap chinese ones use fake plugs. It appears that this is a genuine cord. The markings on the adapter itself seem to be real. In any case its a good purchase, so far has worked fine. Powers 5 metres of RGB LED strip, or other 12V devices.
on 4 February 2014
I had lost my power supply for the portable television I use in the kitchen and so sent for a new one which arrived two days earlier than expected. This is a really well made piece of equipment with a heavy duty cable and plug which does the job perfectly. It was also extremely reasonable for the price. Perfect!
on 21 January 2015
Overall I am pleased with the result after installation. I do have a couple of issues but these refer to the lighting track, the strip lights are classed as 'warm white' but my warm is somewhat softer than that provided. Secondly, the adhesive on the step light is bailable in sections : either there, not there or not very sticky.
But, quiet pleased.
on 10 July 2016
bought 2 of these just started using 2nd one which lasted no more than a week. Amazon have offered refund only which is great but I have to renew or no power for my light strip>>> can't understand why fuse did not blow if there was a problem as plug is fitted with fuse ?
on 26 July 2013
Perhaps they should eliminate the LED "on" indicator on the converter, because it's a useless "always on" indicator, but good for application with LED strip.