Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

on 18 January 2017
 Just received this item which is One part of three items ordered.

The mains lead supplied does not fit the socket on the Power Supply and is so loose it just falls out thereby it does NOT even make electrical connection. I regard this as a SUB STANDARD unit and nothing more than a potential hazard.

The video attached demonstrates the power lead dropping out when I hold the unit and give it a gentle shake. The pins in the socket of the power supply have VERY Small blades
on 4 August 2013
I bought this to drive the led strips lighting some shelving I made for my wife to display her ornaments. This transofrmer will drive 2 5M strips of 300 SMD LEDs without any trouble. It all worked perfectly and my wife is delighted with her shelves.
Highly recommended.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 9 January 2016
It does the job as LED power supply well. The cable and the shell are made of decent plastic that does not change shape when operating (as some other cheap brands do). Plugs and sockets are tight enough so it does not disconnect easily. It has FCC, CE and RoHS certificates and power output 12V and 5A. The cable has ferrite bead that suppresses high frequency noise.
on 24 January 2014
I received a butterfly labs Jalapeno miner, but as many people have found the power supply dies pretty quickly. I bought this as a replacement, and it appears to do the job. I've had the Jalapeno running constantly now for several days with no issues. I will update this again if I get any future issues.
on 26 July 2013
Perhaps they should eliminate the LED "on" indicator on the converter, because it's a useless "always on" indicator, but good for application with LED strip.
on 18 October 2013
This item was purchased to work the 'LED strip light'. It does the job and working well. Easy to use.
on 25 April 2014
This power brick works very well with a 5M LED strip light I bought to accompany it. Easy to set up, just plug in to the end of the lights, plug into the mains and hey presto, it works!

Seen some reviews of a few power supplies blowing up, glad to say mine hasn't yet.

One problem with it - I have it going under my desk - near the wall, from the beginning of the LED strip to the plug. This isn't a problem most of the time but occasionally I do kick it accidentally, and the mains-to-powerbrick connection isn't very secure so it comes out very easily, resulting in me having to crawl under my desk and re-attach it. Could probably easily solve this by putting it a bit more out of the way but thought I'd mention it as it's the only gripe I've got with this power supply!
on 21 January 2015
Overall I am pleased with the result after installation. I do have a couple of issues but these refer to the lighting track, the strip lights are classed as 'warm white' but my warm is somewhat softer than that provided. Secondly, the adhesive on the step light is bailable in sections : either there, not there or not very sticky.
But, quiet pleased.
on 24 July 2014
do not buy !!! lasted about 3 hours when used as a replacement power supply for a portable tv
the power requirement of tv being ,12 volts / 4 amp,ie 48 watts, ,," also from what i can gather this item is not covered by a warranty", i repeat,...do not buy
on 10 November 2016
Installed this in April. By October, it was causing the LED strip to flicker. In some cases, the lights only come on fine before dropping to ~25% brightness. Basically, this supply lasted 6 months. Buyer beware!