Customer reviews

Traces
Format: Audio CD|Change

Karine is a stunner. She has such a distinctive voice and delivery she never disappoints. She has several solo ads now so maybe the next will be a greatest hits!! So, there are a good number of the tunes on here, that would qualify for the hits cd. I just have to say she is a superb artist and there is bound to be a few you'll like on here.
on 13 August 2013
I had the privilege of seeing Karine and the band at Sheffield Cathedral and she was fabulous. I didn't have any of her music before but bought this on the strength of the reviews and was not disappointed.
This is an album that gets under your skin, there are delicate, heartbreaking songs, and rousing, uplifting ones all sung in Karine's lilting voice. I can see why it has received such critical acclaim and I would recommend it even if you aren't s folk fan.
If you gets chance, go and see her live!
on 3 September 2017
My first experience of Karina Polwarts singing! Lived up to rwccomendations! A wonderful voice and singer!
on 2 November 2013
I don't consider myself to be an aficionado of folk music, but great artists transcend their genre to touch a wider audience. Polwart's gravity, intensity and honesty shines through every track of this album - she is the antidote to the X-factor. Her songs are brilliantly written and delivered with a minimum of fuss and a lot of soul. So, even if you're not into folk, give this one a listen.
on 31 January 2013
Karine Polwart, and her two fellow-musicians, are stars, just beginning to be accepted as such. She appeared in a super set at the Wirral International Guitar Festival, featuring most of this album (and also a fascinating take on The Beatles' "Love Me Do").
on 11 February 2013
Breathtaking is the word for this album. I first heard this album on Mark Radcliffes' radio 2 folk website when it should be Mike Hardings.Polotics aside, Karine Polwart has a voice akin to June Tabor in her melodies and writings. You put this music on in the foreground or background and you get pulled into dreamland.
For me, only one track doesn't quite fit the bill. The rest is pure poetry.
on 21 March 2018
One of the best (if not the best) voices in Scotland. Listen and be enraptured.
on 22 February 2014
My first experience of Karine Polwart's singing was "The sun's coming over the hill" (2005?) I have been a fan ever since and recently saw her in concert at Keswick's Theatre by the Lake: that's where I bought this and had it autographed by all three members of the band: a truly memorable evening and a great singer / song-writer.
on 11 March 2013
The most amazing album ever!!! I bought it when it was released and have bought it for others since. Gave a copy to my 82-yr-old Mum for Mothers' Day and she's now coming with my husband & I to see Karine live! She really is so talented that everyone should have a copy! Listen to the words........!
on 19 July 2017
Great singer, song-writer and musician.