on 6 June 2015
Bought this 2,5 years ago as a gift for my girlfriend. When I received the cover I was a bit concerned about the quality of the leather straps that mounts the iPad leather casing to the book cover. They seemed very thin and fragile. Otherwise the rugged solid book cover lived up to my expectations.

At the same time we had just had our first baby girl who would soon put the BookBook cover to the ultimate test - the full baby treatment.

Now, 2,5 years later it is still going strong. It has been dragged around the whole house (and rarely in the proper closed and secure condition) to my big concern. It has been dropped, spilled on and swung around in its most delicate parts.

Even though we've been trying our best, the BookBook cover has just taken on every challenge we have thrown at it. And looking good doing it.

For this it deserves 5 full stars!
This was amazing value for money and there was nothing wrong with it. If I ever need another I will be coming back again.
on 20 August 2012
I bought this after buying, and been very happy with, the BookBook iPhone case.

This iPad case is a thing of wonder. It looks beautiful and protects the iPad very well indeed.

In use, it has two positions as a stand - the 'low rise' position for typing and watching video etc. Both work well (they use different methods of support in each case - the 'low rise' looking like it won't work, but it does).

I probably would not buy this, though, if I constantly used the rear-facing camera on the iPad because it is a bit of a faff doing so with this case. You can do it, but it is a faff.

The case looks beautiful, is so well made, protects the iPad very well and is the envy of other iPad users who have seen me use it.

Can you tell I love it?
on 1 May 2013
We like BookBook, it protects, keeps the iPad clean, easy to grip, okay to hold and looks good. The screen is at a good angle for viewing on a table top and also good when typing on your lap, holding the iPad like a book is comfortable.
We have other BookBook's in our household for iPhone & iPad mini and they are good, so yes we are fans.
Not 5 stars? Well getting to the volume buttons is fiddly with in the viewing position, they are tucked away at the bottom whilst the screen is in landscape mode, it would be better if the iPad was loaded in the BookBook the other way so the buttons were on the top, in portrait mode this would make the iPad open with it on the left, some may find that a bit odd though I think you'd get used to this, plus the camera lens would also be at the top in landscape mode make it easier to take shots.
Also you cant stand the iPad upright on a flat surface and leave it there to record video.
So the BookBook is a good travelling companion for the iPad though not a 'be it all' accessory like some other cases. So why buy it? Its appearance, build quality and quality of materials is first class and is that not why you bought your iPad in the first place?
An addition I'd like to have is a pen clip, now Steve Jobs may be turning in his grave at this, but I like using a stylus it feels more natural and a kin to a book and a pen.
on 17 June 2013
The only case you need for your iPad. Note that it does NOT put the iPad to sleep like the Apple SmartCovers or SmartCases when you close it. Would have given it 5 stars if it could do that. A little expensive too but it is a quality item.
on 18 July 2017
great product, lasts a lifetime and then some
on 25 April 2013
I don't usually provide feedback however I wanted to share my thoughts. I love this iPd case. The look, feel and smell - amazing. when I ordered the BookBook I was already aware of the comments made i.e. opening the zip to its fullest was fiddly and plugging the charger in could also be fiddly. I don't disagree with these points but I rarely zip my case closed so its ready for immediate use. Having looked at other products there was no similarity in quality and style. In my view well worth the money - looks classy yet practical.
on 27 May 2013
Very nice item. It protects the Ipad very well with a strong leather cover. The zip is flexible and works well. It is very discrete and covert and may fool a thief as it looks like a book and thieves are scared of books. I even gave it to a friend who didn't realise it was an Ipad until he couldn't open the 'pages' I hide it in my bookcase when I go out as any burglar is usually a heroin addict or crack head and they don't read books so they would never bother with any books.
on 21 March 2013
The Twelve South BookBook cover for the ipad looks very classy and the faux distressing adds to its charm. It looks like a Victorian ledger - it's absolutely stunning.

However, this is one of those objects of desire that you buy to flaunt, but in actual fact you can buy a good quality ipad cover for less than half the price.

Unfortunately, having seen the BookBook in the flesh (so-to-speak) and stroked it, I couldn't live without it.
on 15 March 2013
This product looks beautiful.

I love the design.

However, when the ipad is put inside the top and bottom leather parts that hold the ipad in place (at the top and bottom of the screen) were folding out quiet a bit. I could easily fit my finger between the ipad and the part of leather that is meant to go around the edges of the screen.

Real shame, at that price i expected more.