Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.49

VINE VOICEon 31 May 2016
Not up to the standard of the first book, there is a feeling of the book being an interlude between the significant events of the first book and another book I've yet to read which will, no doubt, involve a battle between actual aliens and humanity, rather than mankind just dealing with the technology they left behind on their last visits.

There's a certain amount of rehashing of plot devices from the previous book, as well as the death of important characters written in such a way that leads the reader to suspect that eventually they may not be as unwell as first feared. And many of the surviving characters remain as paper-thin as in the first book, being little more than place-holders for the requisite members of the world's governments and military forces that would be involved in the scenarios used in the book.

The Area 51 books are still a fun read, however, and the world the author has created is plausible within the rules of the genre.
on 9 August 2011
I really en-joyed the first book in the se-ries and managed to get th-rough it de-spite the odd hyphenated word that ap-peared in the midde of some lines. As ot-hers have me-ntioned I think this is a th-rowback from the fo-rmatting for the print version.

However in this bo-ok there are mul-tipe badly placed hy-phens on every sin-gle page, and this cau-ses the book to be ex-tremely dif-ficcult to re-ad

I am ab-out half way thr-ough and am seri-ously considering giving up. every time I hit one of those cra-zy hyphens its like i do a men-tal hickup and it seriously im-pares my enjoy-ment of the st-oryline
on 9 July 2011
While the story was interesting enough, I won't be buying any more in the series. Reason? Even more typos and wildly inappropriate use of the dreaded hyphen than the first book. There are now errors on every single page!!! This is without a doubt the worst book in terms of errors that I have read on kindle yet. Amazon should be ashamed for allowing quality this poor to be sold on their site. Shame on all involved.
on 3 July 1998
Area 51: The Reply is even better than the original Area 51 novel. I really can't delve too much into any of the key plot elements because that would spoil crucial events, but suffice it to say that there are enought plot twists and explosive events that keep the pages turning. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that there were a few technical errors in the book (that was the only thing keeping me from giving the book 5 stars), most of them relating to military aircraft, but still those errors didn't take much from the storyline. A thourougly enjoyable read, just make sure you read "Area 51" first! Can't wait until "Area 51: The Mission" comes out...
on 5 November 2013
This is the third in a lengthy but compelling series about good old Area 51 - where would sci-fi authors, conspiracy theorists and UFO freaks be without it? The novels are well researched, the writing adequate, if not great, and the plot is well-paced, imaginative and absorbing, if somewhat daft in places. I can more readily believe in an alien super-race having populated the Earth 10,000 years ago than the US government coming clean about a massive and damaging cover-up which resulted from it. And a freelance reporter being a close confidante of those steering the outcome - that is the sort of naivety which destroys plots!

It certainly doesn't pay to leave one of the books alone for too long, as there are so many different scenes of action, with new characters being introduced almost every chapter, it's really easy to lose track. This isn't helped (in the Kindle edition, anyway) by the author disconcertingly switching from one scene to another between paragraphs, with no break in between - that really throws you off kilter!

Nevertheless, it's a rattling good yarn and well worth reading.
on 27 December 2013
This book was great, as I hoped it would be, however, it did not drag me to bed every night like the #1 book in the series.
It was good read and followed along the same lines as one would hope. Again I look forward to reading the next one, I have bought 5x books in the series, but will probably keep the the others for my summer holiday (Xmas now).
If you like Sci-Fi you will not be making a bad purchase, but book #1 first.
The author has a good way of describing things and you read the book reading into the details and can not help but think of the things that have happened or should I say reported to be true and ask yourself "is this the truth ?"
on 18 September 2011
I have to admit I was a bit hesitant about buying the Kindle version of this book due to the comments left by other reviewers regarding the over use of hyphens which I think is a throwback from the paper version of the book. However it looks like the author or Amazon has taken notice, I'm now half way through the book and not a hyphen in sight. The story itself pretty much follows on from where book one left off, fast moving, griping and a real page turner. I will certainly be purchasing the remainder of the series.
on 11 June 2014
From the very start this second novel of the area 51 books taking you in an out of control spin. Action, action and more action all the way through. There is hardly time to inhale between all the different things going on. Fast furious and thrilling.
Not really much more to be said, I loved the book and look forward to the next one.
on 12 April 2014
I stumbled across Bob by accident when searching on kindle for a holiday book and after reading the first in the series became hooked. My only criticism would be that some sections seem too short and a longer novel with more detail in SOME sections would add to the books overall. Having said that it is a great series and much enjoyed. I will be reading everything.
on 25 August 2014
One thing I can say is once you start reading you don't want to put the book down. Although I am still confused as to the part s.h.a.r.r.p. have to do with the story as one minute there clones (human) or what and then they try to kill the main character. So are they helping us or not.