Format: DVD|Change

on 16 October 2013
I have all the series and looked forward to this latest one.
The series starts off very strongly with Fiona in prison and the rest of the team outside trying to find a way to have her released. These half a dozen episodes are great, and having a parallel story about her prison life gave the episodes far greater reach and depth. However, all good things change, and the next 6 episodes take on the same sheen as the older series with various strange clients with strange needs.This peaks with an unexpected death, before the last 6 episodes which are, frankly a re-tread of previous episodes that return Westen to the kind of episodes we have seen before .
I was very disappointed that such a strong start would be squandered in this way.
How many times can we watch Westen go through the same rig-a-marole of getting pushed into doing something in order to.....satisfy someone else?
I am not sure that the writers can keep this going for much longer, as it is clearly falling into a seen-it-all-before mode.
So a split rating of 5 for the strong beginning and 3 for the increasing weakness and total implausibility in the later episodes, comes out to a 4.
This is a very good series.
Burn Notice is the story of a C.I.A. spy who gets fired and left without support, he gets a "Burn Notice"
Whilst he tries to find out what has happened he has time on his hands and so gets sucked into helping people with desperate problems
using all of his spy craft.
He is assisted by a reformed I.R.A. terrorist Fiona, (Also his girlfriend) and a former Navy Seal Sam Axe.
The show is genuinely funny with clever stories plus the ongoing drive to find out why he was fired.
Burn Notice is well written and Jeffrey Donovan is charismatic as Michael.
Top Show.
on 1 December 2013
Without spoiling the plot it's hard to write a review that is good... Basically if you like series 1 to 5 you'll like this. I just think they have tried too hard to change things and have ended up with a rather odd mix of threads that are starting not to make sense. Obviously if you just lay back and watch the action you probably won't pick these inconsistencies. And there's nothing wrong in doing just that -- the action is good to great, the plots are good (although getting a little too predictable) too. I'm looking forward to series 7 but I do hope that things can start to go back their roots too and don't become even more surreal.
on 10 May 2014
This season of Burn Notice is more serious than previous. It still has the usual features: explosions, Sam Axe (my favourite character)and more explosions. Only worth watching if you've seen previous seasons.
Every season offers the producers and writers chances to go new places with their characters. For season 6 of Burn Notice, that lead to some darker material than we’ve seen on the show before. Personally, I missed the lighter Burn Notice.

Season 6 picks up with the aftermath of season five. The big news here is that Michael Westen’s (Jeffrey Donovan) girlfriend Fiona (Gabrielle Anwar) is in prison for a crime she was framed for. With the help of Sam (Bruce Campbell) and Jesse (Coby Bell), Michael will do whatever it takes to get Fiona out of prison.

The biggest threat they need to take down is Anson (guest star Gere Burns), the man who burn Michael all those years ago and framed Fiona today. But getting at this man so used to hiding won’t be easy. Especially since he seems to have some help, which means there’s yet another level to this conspiracy.

The producers made a conscious decision this year to get away from the client of the week plots they’ve done in previous seasons. Or so they claimed. The first part of the season actually felt very familiar to me, the only difference being instead of someone hiring them to do a job, they were doing these jobs in exchange for help taking down Anson. These cases of the week did diminish some as the season went along and the overall story ramped up.

Fiona actually spends quite a bit of time in prison early in the season with her own plots and sub-plots that run parallel to what the guys are doing on the outside to get her freed. A few of those were interesting, but by the time we got her out, I was thrilled she was free.

But just about then, the season took a dark turn. While the show has always featured our character going up against overwhelming odds, things got out of hand in the second half. Despite the fact that the show has been dealing with smugglers, kidnappers, drug dealers, and other serious criminal elements, there was always been a bit of fun to it that helped lighten the mood. But here, things got personal and downright depressing. Yes, I kept watching, but it just wasn’t as enjoyable as it was before.

Of course, the show still comes complete with great action sequences every week. I certainly can’t complain about those.

The acting is still top notch. The actors were required to add some depth that wasn’t there before, and they did it well. While I haven’t mentioned her yet, I should say that Sharon Gless is still a regular as Michael’s mother Madeline. While her character doesn’t always drive the plot, I love it when she gets more involved in things.

There were 18 episodes this season and all of them are present in this set in their native wide screen and full surround. Extras consist of deleted scenes, a gag reel, and a commentary on "Shock Wave," the game changing episode of the season.

I still enjoyed season 6 of Burn Notice, but the darker tone kept it from being my favorite. If you aren’t familiar with the show, go back to the beginning for the run, wild ride. And if you are already a fan, you’ll still want to check this season out to find out just what happens next to Michael and his crew.
on 28 January 2014
Could not stop watching this. Played it all in two days ! just one cliff hanger after another. The ending was a bit strange with no real explanation but the last series is on the way so all will be revealed
on 1 December 2013
Can't get enough of this season, I'm all about the Burn Notice program and wish it could go on forever. It never gets boring and the new characters and antagonists being introduced are amazing.
on 28 October 2013
I loved this show, like so many other series made in the US it is so much more exciting and the characters more likeable than anything produced in Britain, sorry, But why can't I get the series on region 2? I would love to see what happens to Michael after he jumps out of the helicopter, and his chain smoking mom, drunken friend and Fiona, But only see Region 1 DVD's available. Help!!!!!
on 2 January 2014
Burn notice became my favourite show to watch. I chanced on season 7 as a subscriber to on demand movies broadcasted by MIO TV of Singtel. I loved it so I had 6 seasons to catch so I went to Amazon (who else) and I could find all I needed there.
Delivery was a breeze. Highly recommend both the series as well as the Vendor.
on 24 October 2013
This is that rare tv show that actually has a serious plot and action but manages to keep it all light hearted and enjoyable. Have loved every season of this show and this one does not let them down