VINE VOICEon 20 September 2012
As a keen astronomer I bought this battery to run either my computerised telescope mount or my dew prevention system. I found that it runs the mount for many hours but only runs for 3-4 hours whilst running the dew prevention system with two heating tapes.

The battery itself comes in a black plastic outer shell with ports for two cigarette lighter plugs. They are durable even when the temperatures outside get down below zero. The lamp at the front is powerful if you ever need to use it and I have found it useful when putting my gear away. I have not used the red light but it is a useful addition. It charges pretty quickly for its size and is light enough to carry around easily. I have given this battery 5 stars because of its usefulness, quality and design. If you are thinking of using it for astronomy though on those cold nights you might find the 17Ah version a better option.
on 22 May 2013
Only took a few hours to charge.
Very easy to use, Power connector is contained within a rear compartment.
I used it with with my Celestron Nexstar 6 SE Telescope.
After three hours, it was a cloudy night that defeated me.
Not the Power Tank. It just kept going.
Very Portable and reasonably light.
on 7 May 2014
Just arrived and am impressed with the build quaility, if you are like me you were reading the review's to see if it came with the lead to plug into the telescope, it does, it's inside a compartment at the back that you open, a really good deal for this price, the only thing i didn't give it 5 stars for is becuase in the manual it says it needs to be charged for 16 hours before first use which i did, but the green light was stating fully charged from the start, but i left it plugged in anyway but i wasn't comfortable that the fully charged light was on, will be heading out with a Celestron 130 SLT soon and ill updatye the review then!
on 12 November 2013
As the Nexstar 6SE is notorious for battery useage and the supplied mains adapter isnt that portable this is a great purchase! I love it that it has 2 USB slots rather then 3 DC ports as now I can charge my smartphone at the same time! Light is useful for setting up and putting away scope.
Only negative (and loss of a star) is the Fuly Charged light doesnt work and has never worked- but as I keep the unit regularly plugged in the mains to recharge this isnt a deal breaker
on 21 June 2013
I am using this to power a Celestron CPC800 telescope. It works very well and is better than using AC adapters that would require long leads from mains supply, and also may be subject to power surges. I haven't managed to discharge it yet after 2-3 sessions with the scope so it would seem to be just the thing for this purpose. I'll also carry it in my campervan in case of battery problems!
on 30 May 2015
After buying this to aid my wife's astronomy needs, the question dawned on me as to why I hadn't bought one of these before. Its truly an awesome product. Sturdily built and very versatile. I have even managed to plug my laptop into it via an adapter.
The LED light could light up a playing field and there's even a facility to charge your drained car battery. 2 USB charge points as well as a long lasting battery makes it an ideal travel power solution for cars etc.
I thought the price was just about right as well.
I'll also add, as I've seen a couple of questions related to it, that it does indeed come with a cigarette type plug adapter for your telescope. Its hidden behind a paneled compartment on the unit.

Great product.
on 6 April 2016
This power pack is great for my telescope and would have got 5 stars if it had not suffered some dammage on its way to me, the european plug adapter has a bent pin and would be no good at all, the red diffuser on the top lamp is loose due to a crack in the edge of it and to cap it off the car adapter power lead that should have been in a little hidden compartment on the side of the unit was missing.
But it is well built and would normally get 5 stars. End of the rant.
on 23 November 2015
Got one of these with a used nexstar 6se, but unfortunately it would not hold much charge and would only power the scope for a few mins.
The internal battery in these units needs to be looked after carefully, regular charging required, but don't overcharge as that will damage them too.
The good news is the battery can be replaced quite easily, remove screws and undo both bulbs and the unit splits in half. Then you will be able to see the battery. Search Amazon '12v 7ah battery' and you will see what you need for about £15! A little bit fiddly to reassemble, just take your time.
Enjoy!
on 9 October 2014
I use the Power Tank with a Celestron CPC 800 computerised telescope. The Sky-Watcher and Celestron Power Tanks are identical apart from the label. The two 12V 'cigarette lighter' sockets have sliding covers and there are also two 5V USB sockets to recharge your SatNav perhaps.

Follow the instructions for re-charge time carefully. There is a green LED labelled 'Fully Charged' which lights after about an hour of charging and gradually becomes brighter as charging progresses so it is not very useful. If you have a suitable voltmeter, the two 4mm sockets (always 'live') on the back panel could be used to check the final PD which should be about 13.5V when fully charged. If this is not possible, just stick to the times stated on the case.

The main lantern uses white LEDs so should not discharge the unit too quickly. The smaller lamp uses a tungsten bulb controlled by a push switch giving either a steady light, flashing, or off. This has a removable red filter.

This should be ideal for use with any computerised telescope as long as you do not want to operate heated anti-condensation blankets at the same time. If you intend to use any anti-condensation devices, the bigger Power Tank would probably be better.
on 8 August 2014
Use this to run my avx mount. Small and compact and has the bonus of charging USB devices if so required.
Only downside is that I wish the red light was an LED though so as to reduce power consumption. If anyone has changed theirs to an LED could you let me know how to do it please.