Customer reviews

on 3 June 2017
great book for 4-10 year old children who like adventures
on 19 May 2012
I have just finished this book and it was one of the best adventure books I have ever read - I couldn't put it down when I was reading it and my parents kept telling me off for not going to sleep when I was told!
I have read all of the rest of Mrs Moss's books and this one is up there with the best of them, the dinosaurs made it even better as I love them, and the way they change their idea of what is going on all the way through keeps you on the edge of your seat waiting to find out if they'll be right at the end - but I won't say any more in case I spoil it for you.
I'm now about to start "The Mystery of the Drowning Man" and I'm sure this will be just as good as all the rest - I'll let you know when I finish it.
Thanks Mrs Moss for another brilliant book.
George, your #1 Fan!!
on 1 July 2013
I have read many Helen Moss books and they all have been brilliant but when I read this book I felt disappointed. Its definitely not as good as the rest of Helen Moss's
books. I would say for an adventure story this is a boring book. It felt like a lesson. The story begins when Drift digs up a dinosaur. Emily, Jack, Scott and Drift, Emily's dog show the dinosaur bone to a scientist who thinks its a new species of megalosaurus. They believe that someone is doing a hoax! They think this after a friend of the scientist visits from London. I think this is a good and bad book! However if you have never read a Helen Moss book then I suggest you start with another book of Helen Moss. I suggest the Midnight Ghost as it is my favourite so far!

Alex Age 8
on 14 June 2013
My son has loved this series, he keeps asking for the next one. They are easy to read, fast paced, interesting story lines and appropriate for under 12's.
on 16 November 2014
well,everyone likes Helen Mosses books! I'm a fan of her books. My faviorote is smugglers wreck!
By emily 10 years old.
on 18 January 2017
the grandchildren thought it was great
on 6 September 2015