Format: DVD|Change

on 23 January 2017
Shane Meadows...look out! This is a gritty, funny, sometimes sad expose of inner city life circa 2016, that lacks only the wonderful Paddy Considine. Saddled as we are with a governmental system that persists in keeping down the poor (whilst pandering to the rich) this film shows how the less fortunate attempt to eke out a living, by whatever means possible. Every character is totally believable and, despite all, parental values and morals are re-established. In short, IT'S BRILLIANT! (Excuse me now, while I ring for Jeeves to bring the port and Stilton. Later, I think, Carruthers might fly me down to Rio...)
on 4 February 2017
The title and cover picture don't quite get your attention when choosing a film. This film had a quite heartwarming storyline and unfortunately could be very true to some people's lives. Basically about a guy fresh out of prison after an 8 year stretch that has to man up and support his two boys who have been left by their mum to fend for themselves,one of which is seriously going off the straight and narrow.
It has a drug based theme and some violence near the end,but not the type that can make me hide behind a cushion! The story telling is more important here than blood and guts. Really really hope for a sequel soon. Highly recommended.
on 13 September 2016
Better than I thought it would be. Worth watching just to see the climax at the end. Trying to get my wife to watch it but she's having none of it. Hey I watched Seven brides for seven brothers with her. It's the very least she could do.
on 13 April 2017
Loved it. A credit to British cinema. A tale of redemption, good versus evil and of love and hard work conquering all. It also contains many well acted entertaining rogues .
on 8 November 2016
Loved it. Scene on the roof with the youngest. The Chinese meal at home & the smile in the cop car at the end. "They're my boys..." well done all.
on 4 November 2016
Ive struggled to watch any films lately easily becoming disinterested, but this is the first film in ages that was truly engaging to watch. Content and story-line over special effects. Yes there are some very minor things about the film I would consider changing but this is the directors view on how it should be. Bloody good film!
on 18 May 2017
I don't usually like to watch gritty British shows, but this one was really pretty good!
on 29 December 2012
Others, in their reviews, have told the story line. So I don't need to repeat it.

I give this film 4 stars rather than 5 because I think that, in real life, the father would probably have been bumped off by the heartless gangsters. That apart, I could believe in all the characters and there were some genuinely moving moments in the film. It was very well written and fantastically well acted. Whilst watching the film, I was completely drawn into the terrible circumstances that these people live in. If I had grown up from childhood in that environment, I'm sure I could never have escaped. Maybe I wouldn't even have survived. The story and characters stayed with me long after I had finished watching the film.

If you like gripping films with believable-in characters and a believable storyline I would definitely recommend this film.
on 27 November 2016
I honestly thought two thirds through it was a bit slow but I quickly changed my opinion. I really enjoyed this film.
on 25 March 2017
Never heard of this film. But it was excellent. Amazon have got some crackers on here. But they seem to be hidden away.