Size: M-XXL|Change
Price:£46.54+ £3.95 shipping

on 14 January 2014
Some issues in connection, hopefully these notes will help other people.

1. I couldn't see the device in a BT scan. This is because the device only turns on when you actually wear it.
2. Despite having paired the device and apps allowing me to select it, I was not seeing any data in HRM applications.

Applications I tried -
Cardio Training
Heart Rate Monitor for Polar
Heart Rate Variability (simple application for testing)
iCardio (Test function only without HRM sensor upgrade)
Noom CardioTrainer

Eventually I managed to get a HR to display in the iCardio test page by ensuring the strap and pads were wet under the tap, I also wet my skin where the sensor contact will be. It seems that just moistening the pads with a little water is not enough.

3. Once I got a stable signal, I then tried switching to another app (Cardio Training). This failed to see the device until I unpaired it and paired it again.

So now it's working. Using the Cardio Training app during a 40 minute interval workout with the phone 2 metres from me. During this test it dropped signal twice; Once when I went to get water from another room (expected) and again when I went into child's pose to cool down a little. It is stated that the BT signal is not strong enough to get through your body, so again, the latter is also expected.

Update after 10 days use: Working excellently. I do not need to unpair/pair the device from my phone before use each day with the Cardio Training app. Assuming device is already paired, all I do is - Wet strap, wet skin, put on strap, attach sensor, run app on phone - heart rate displayed.
on 20 July 2013
After ordering a heart rate monitor which didn't work with my Nexus 4 and Endomondo, this one does. Easy to set up too.
on 24 May 2014
Just a quick note to say it paired ok with my Moto G, although it seemed to be hanging - I disabled and re-enabled BT and it was there ok. iCardio gave me a reading after I moistened the back of the belt, so 4 stars to start with and I'll get back later once I've used it a few times in anger.
on 9 June 2014
I have been looking for a reasonable priced non-BLE heart monitor (to be compatible with my Nexus 7 2012 edition) and I am glad I've picked this one. All working perfectly fine, it has a replaceable lithium battery that it is said to work for 150h... I still have lots to go :)
on 5 August 2014
Since purchasing this item I have had significant problems getting the App on my phone to detect / connect to the device. I am using Run keeper. Even when completely wet, the Bluetooth device does not always connect with the phone/ App. I have tried it on other Apps just to rule out Run Keeper as the problem and it did the same with those. I did a cycle route last night with no problem - played tennis for a couple of hours and then tried to set the device for the return journey - it was not having it at all. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Ace phone which is stated as compatible; which it is. But be warned you may have to try many times to get it to connect
on 19 March 2014
Bought this to use with my nexus 5 and runkeeper.
It is not compatible. :-(
Polar support was kind enough to tell me this was definitely impossible when I emailed them. Tried to work this through their app.
on 14 November 2014
Very much meets my needs. I am able to push myself to achieve suit HR. No loss of connection from my app whilst working out whether it's outside or an indoor Hiit.
on 22 April 2014
I have a Samsung Note 2 and the iCardio Apps and the transmitter works great. I don'y know if the 'branded' ones (Nike and Adidas) work with non-branded apps.
on 16 December 2013
linked up well to my sansung. no problems. however the battery only lasted 2 hours, and the divice was almost hot to the touch. back it goes. sorry
on 8 December 2013
Works perfectly with my Samsung Galaxy Note, have some trouble with on or other app, but fits perfectly to many apps.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse