on 26 June 2014
I purchased this item to supplement an identical one I purchased a few months ago.the original price on this was around £200.
At the sale price you can't do better than this. We now have "his n hers " 5000's.
on 2 January 2013
I did buy for my son for Xmas gift and he likes it so I am very happy. I already got this one and I am using everyday.
on 24 December 2012
Hubby has the older model, this one has far superior battery life, it is still going from the first charge (4th Dec) Teeth feel great, there were more brush heads contained in package than advertised including one that goes into all the hard to get areas. A standard head and 2 Trizone heads. All in all a very good purchase, I would recommend this to anyone who wants the best electric toothbrush, as the Gadget show also found,
on 21 November 2012
Having always brushed my teeth manually, my dentist advised me to try and use an electric one to reach the teeth that I can't normally reach. Wow what a difference I wish that I had started using one years ago. I like the way it warns you if you brush to hard, and the smart timer prompting you to change to a different area of teeth.
IT DOES WHAT IT SAYS ON THE BOX PLUS LOTS MORE........
on 21 February 2016
I am writing this comment after about 3 years since purchase. It's great little device that have changed my habits! How long do You brush your tooth? 20 seconds? With that I do 2 min routine clean every time! Results are incredible!
on 28 June 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is an excellent toothbrush. If I HAD to nitpick, I'd say the worst feature is the bulky handle. Its "little brother" is much more slimline and feels just as powerful (although it lacks the digital timer and clock)

It's so vigorous that you have to be careful to avoid splashing!
Tip: make sure the toothbrush head is aligned next to your teeth before you switch on. (That way, water sprays around your mouth, rather than your clothes)

WIRELESS SMART GUIDE
================

I thought it was a stupid gimmick at first - I was wrong.
It's a timer and clock
Setting the time is a little fiddly, but you only have to do that once.

NO MORE LITTLE ROUND HEADS
=====================

I'm a cynic; I did initially think this new design was just so Philips could make more money. This is untrue:
1. It can still use the older style (little, round) brushes
2. It feels like it cleans MUCH more effectively; see my video close-up of the way the head moves when turned on. I feel that it reaches well into all those nooks and crannies.

NEW TRIZONE HEADS
================
As I write this, the price of Braun Oral-B EB30-4 TriZone Replacement Rechargeable Toothbrush Heads 4-Pack replacement heads is £7. Which is amazing.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 25 June 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
It makes a pleasant change to receive an electrical product that isn't from the Far East and the fact this is made in Germany, inspires a certain amount of confidence that this is a well-engineered and well-thought out product.

Certainly the impression you get on opening the box, is that everything has been thought of and covered off, in this package. There is ample documentation, an additional year on the guarantee if you register (taking it up to 3 years) and you even get two sets of Duracell batteries for the Smart Guide - no expense spared!

I have owned Braun electric toothbrushes before and have always found them to be the best and this is certainly a "top of the range" model - but whether you find all the additions useful or not, is probably down to personal preference.

The main addition is the Smart Guide, which could be seen as superfluous, but does give you additional information about what is going on - graphical icons for the different modes selected and allows you to time how long you are brushing.

The Smart Guide is a separate unit, with a large (if basic) display screen, that sits on a shelf or which can be attached to a wall using the two-sided adhesive pads provided. It links wirelessly to your toothbrush and this connection was very easy to get going. This allows you to set up programmes via the controls on the toothbrush while the SmartGuide gives you visual cues and stops the toothbrush with short delays at times to change over.

The other big difference for me, is that the toothbrush unit is heavier and it has a larger battery, which allows it to be used for longer. I also liked the fact that the toothbrush has a Charge Indicator on the handle - so you know when it's running low and when it's full. Previous Braun electric toothbrushes I have owned, have lacked this feature and it's very useful. The initial charge does seem to take forever, but in the long run, this seems to be an improvement.

Other notable features are the warning light that comes on if you are applying too much pressure on your teeth and the new style "TriZone" heads - you get two with this package and they can be stored with others in the neat unit that sits on the charger. You also get a large translucent plastic travel case, which can also hold a couple of spare brush heads.

The TriZone heads are longer than the normal Braun circular heads and I have tried them for a few days now and they do seem to get your teeth cleaner - it is a noticable difference. They get in all the small gaps and do a better job of reaching awkward places. I found them uncomfortable at first - stiffer and more awkward in your mouth. But I have decided to persist, as the results do seem to be better. You can always swap heads and go back to your preferred style at any time.

Overall, I think this is a high quality package and as good as you can get for this kind of thing. However, I am not sure the SmartGuide is really worth its inclusion. It's certainly a "nice to have" - but not essential. The visual presentation is a novelty, but once you are used to the toothbrush, I'm not sure how often you would glance at it and stick to what it tells you. After a few days, I use it more as a time check than anything else.

If you like this kind of thing though and are prepared to pay for the top of the range, then this really can't be faulted on quality.
22 Comments| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 19 July 2012
Firstly may I say that I don't like the Oral B toothbrushes as:
i. they take a long time to charge
ii. the charge does not last that long
iii. they are quite heavy & bulky to use.
I have mainly become aware of these facts much more since using Colgate C600 series. Which give a much longer charge (although still take long to charge), are much lighter & easier to handle.

I had the Braun Oral-B Triumph 4000 Four-Mode Power Toothbrush prior to this one & they're pretty much the same. The 4000 series is quite good & to be quite honest I think all Oral B electric toothbrushes are very good & the best in the market. The 4000 has 4 modes & so does this one ( Daily Clean, Sensitive for gentler cleaning, Polish to remove stains and Deep Clean for that dentist-clean feeling) which I never use as I can't tell the difference between them really. I just want something that does the job & don't need all the fancy bits.
The only difference is this one has the "Smart Guide" (but strangely it's about £10 cheaper than the 4000 mode!) with a clock-like wireless gadget which I think is an absolute gimmick as the toothbrush itself has a timer on it & there's no need for it. It just looks nice in your bathroom (it has an adhesive to stick on wall etc). Plus it needs batteries (2XAA). It is quite impressive though how it synchronizes with your brushing but I guess very forgetful people might find it useful? But when you use the toothbrush alone, it has a default 2 minute timer which beeps every 30 seconds (every quadrant of your mouth), 1 beep at first quadrant, 2 beeps for 2nd etc...
The only drawback I have with both these is that they take a long time to charge & the charge doesn't seem to last long as I brush my teeth once a day with this for fear of over-brushing & only use a manual brush in the mornings as I worry about wearing away the enamel.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've never been a fan of electric tooth brushes, I have always preferred a good scrub with a proper brush, or so I thought. I had the Braun 5000 series (model before this one) and was really happy with it, my wife and son were always pinching it, then my wife managed to break it.

First Impression on receipt is a nice looking box with what looks like a clock showing through the outer box, make an idea present.

It comes with three heads, a stand for the brush and spaces for spare heads, plus a smart guide which shows the time and more when using the tooth brush.

I have had the brush now for over a week, I wanted to make sure I didn't just like the brush for a novelty gadget rather than something that did a good job.

I love it, really love it, I was sure I wasn't going to like but it is great, the motion is perfect, I had a Omron Sonic Style Electric Toothbrush 458 Black - Rechargeable Toothbrush which made my head vibrate, my wife liked it but it wasn't for me.

The noise is as I would expect, I have also only charged it the once and it is still showing 2 lights out of three after a week of using it twice a day.

The Smart Guide lets you know how long you have been brushing, it likes you to brush for two minutes, It also let you know if you are brushing to hard, a gadget yes but I find the two minutes timer useful, I timed my self on a standard manual brushing and I only tended to give my teeth 40 seconds. The only bit I'm not keen on is the brush stops for a split second every 30 seconds so you know where you are with the brushing.

Its an expensive brush but I think it is worth spending that little bit more, it works for me and I had tried the lower priced brushes and didn't like them.
VINE VOICEon 26 July 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I last had an electric toothbrush about 6-7 years ago and eventually stopped using it when the battery died. This model certainly impressed me with it's additional features.

Pros:
Comes with a selection of heads including round ones(where the brushes move in a circular motion) , and oblong (where the brushes move from side to side and mimic a normal toothbrush).
The toothbrush has a pressure sensor and lights up orange if you are pressing too hard. The wireless display also displays a warning sign in red and an unhappy face!
More control with variable speed settings.
Wireless display - I thought this was a bit of a gimic at first but it is actually really useful - you can see how many seconds you have left when brushing.

Cons:
None

All in all I am very happy and would reccomend this toothbrush to anyone thinking of getting one or in need of a replacement.