Colour Name: Black/Grey|Change

on 16 April 2013
I had originally gone with a Bushnell V2 scope which although worked well was clumsy to have to keep getting out and putting away every time and no good on blind shots.
I sold the V2 and have just finished my 4th round with my new S3 and I cannot rate it high enough. So easy to use and a glance to the wrist and your away.
on 4 March 2013
After spending a bit of time looking at GPS watches I plummeted for this one. I must say it doesn't disappoint. Just a quick glance of watch and you know exact yardage to front middle or back of green. It automatically switches holes also which is very handy. Solid strap allows you to cater for all wrist sizes. Touch screen very responsive even with glove on. Battery time matches manufacturers specs. Overall very pleased.
on 23 April 2013
this is a great aid for any golfer of any ability, and is easy to use, heavy battery drain is a drawback as it requires recharging after each round of golf
on 4 September 2015
Have only used this a few times now but for me, and what I am looking for, this is perfect. It shows distances on each hole and allows me to measure distances for my shots and, I haven't done it, you can add hazards too. The display in general has a decent interface (limited due to screen size of course).

In general, it helps you make easy decisions about club selection (assuming you know how far you hit the ball). I'll be honest and say I have found a few occasions where I have 2nd guessed (correctly) the yardages but I'm not sure whether that is a course mapping or satellite issue.

I haven't used it to keep scores and to be honest don;t see the point of that feature but I played with the feature and it seems pretty easy to do.

All in all for me, someone who really just wants yardage advice, it's a great gadget and will be coming on all future rounds I play.
on 11 September 2012
this watch does everything it says on the box. Easy to use and accurate. A great aid to better golf. All serious golfers should have one.
on 20 May 2013
I love it it easy to use accurate, no fussy downloading to do just put it on your wrist select the golf course and go.
on 12 October 2015
impulse buy - i'm not good enough to worry about the exact yardage but its nice to know that my estimates are normally within 10yds.
Would be really good for a low teens handicapper who is trying to get into single figures
on 28 June 2013
I was convinced for years that I neded a traditional big screen gps but a friend showed me his gps watch and I was sokd. I bought the lstedt version and was more than convinced I had made the right decision.
on 2 August 2015
Good points:
+ showing distances on each hole
+ measuring distances for balls hit
+ adding hazards
+ battery life, display, user interface
- course mapping might not always be accurate
- scoring functionality is disappointing overall
- accompanying software is sparse of features

On the plus side, I love using this to make quick decisions about club selection without having to refer to StrokeSavers etc. However, this is a benefit of having any one of these types of devices, although the S3 seems to do a good job in this regard. Note that the distances will only be as accurate as the course was mapped originally - we found a course in Spain where some of the critical distances were not accurate at all and with hazards in front of the green this was frustrating. Not a fault of the device though, just the way the course was mapped
It seems to detect a course in about 30 seconds, and is pretty good at detecting the hole you are playing but occasionally will increment to the next hole before you have finished. This usually only happens on the green, so only really presents an issue with accurate score inputting, which leads to.....
On the minus side, using the device to keep scores, and manage historical scores is poor. Scoring each hole is reasonably easy - you hit the button on the lower right and tap in the number of shots over par (or under !) on the screen, but you need to make sure that the device is on the right hole, and hasn't moved on to the next one. Also, there is no 'overview' of the round to check that all your scores have been registered correctly. I have played about 10 times with the S3 now, and most rounds it appears to ignore one or 2 holes, so giving a false score. Once you select "End Round" it commits the scores to the device. You then synch the device with the "Garmin Express" app via your lap top & USB and the scores are saved to the intercloudweb. Once you select "End Round" there is no easy way to edit your score (unless you want to edit the xml file on the device for the round you just played via "Notepad" on your laptop, but it is not user friendly).
Finally, the software that accompanies this device is very basic - there is no facility that I have seen for editing scorecards, or for doing any other kind of analysis.
If ALL you want it for is to get distances to the front, middle and rear of the green, and for measuring the distance you hit various shots, then go for it.
on 7 January 2016
Both my husband and myself have this GPS and are very very satisfied. Dont like playing without it now find it invaluable. Could not recommend it highly enough. Need to check the battery each time sometimes it doesnt last for two rounds. Not a problem for me still love it