on 12 April 2013
This cover makes the kindle easier to work with , I now have no difficulty finding the on of switch, it makes it more substantial , and I loved the colour , good price, and the delivery of this was two days, thank you.
on 18 December 2012
This leather cover for my new Kindle Fire HD is just perfect, as it feels as if I'm closing my book as usual. The cover puts my Kindle to sleep and I don't have to worry about any unnecessary power loss before waking it up by opening it again. I have already recommended it to all my friends and relatives who have invested in a Kindle Fire HD. Can't fault it.
0Comment| 286 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 April 2013
I've had my Kindle since September and I love it - or rather I did... This Kindle case was good from the point of view that it automatically puts the Kindle to sleep when you close it and re-awakens it when it's opened.

There are a few problems though:

1. It looks quite cheap for the significant price (nearly £40 when I bought it)
2. As other reviewers have mentioned, you can't charge it and have it standing upright.
3. You can only use headphones with a straight jack - if it's one of the ones with a right angle on the end, it won't fit into the headphone socket with the case on the Kindle.
4. It does stand up - but don't expect it to stay that way... Last night, I stood mine on the bathroom window sill and it collapsed from its standing position. This caused the Kindle to plunge into my newly run bath - and now I have no Kindle. I am gutted. I am aware that this was partially my fault (probably not the best place to leave the Kindle) but the 'stand up' position on this is not stable on a smooth surface. You have been warned :(
11 comment| 154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 2 November 2012
You do need a protective case for your Fire HD, and this is about as good as you get, in my opinion, balancing looks, protection and usability. I have knocked off 1 star for the near £40 price tag and not always secure 'standing', but otherwise it is an excellent case and I would thoroughly recommend it.
Nicely finished in patterned leather, with rubberised edges to hold the tablet securely - the Kindle fits very snugly into the case, and there are cutouts for the connectors, speakers, earphone socket, volume control and on/off switch without compromising the integrity and protective properties of the cover.
There is a magnetic sensor in the case that puts your Kindle 'to sleep' when it is closed, and then 'reawakens' it when opened again. This certainly saves you shutting-down and booting-up time if you used the power switch instead.
The textured surface of the case means it is comfortable and secure to hold, and the cover folds right over the back without any problems at all.
I have noted issues with the case standing securely on a shiny desk surface - the back cover especially tends to slip on occasion (not every time by any means) and the whole thing falls flat.
That minor niggle aside, and the high price, this case is obviously tailor-made for the Fire HD and is a quality addition to your kit

Update - I see the price is now around £20 - that's more like it, Amazon!
0Comment| 543 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 December 2012
Fits like a glove and doesn't comprimise any of the controls.
The auto on / off is brilliant and works flawlessly.

This cover doesn't add much to the dimensions and I can still get my Kindle HD in my inside Jacket pocket.

I have recommended this to all my friends who have a Kindle Fire HD
on 10 December 2012
I must admit I am a bit of a butter fingers, this cover has saved my kindle from breakage quite a few times.
It is neat and tidy, great for a stand especially when i am using skype if used in the portrait position, but if used in the landscape position it needs to placed on a non slip surface as it slips and falls flat. Some sort of device to lock it in position would be good.
I would recommend this to every one as not only does it protect my kindle from damage when I drop it, it also turns it off when I close it saving battery life.
0Comment| 160 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 December 2012
Easy to fit, looks good and is sturdy enough to protect the kindle. Turns the devize on and off with the flip of a lid. Only slight snag is that when you are using the cover as a stand, you are unable to charge the kindle because of the position of the socket.
Colour Name: Ink Blue|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have been fortunate enough to try two kindle fire hd cases this month. The Amazon Standing Leather cover and the Timbuk2 Twister Jacket for Kindle Fire HD both are designed to protect your kindle as you travel and to help you hold it upright when watching Netflix. The Kindle Fire HD is really easy to slot into the case with a soft protective inner that you press the tablet into; then the cover flips over the top.

All the edges have a tacky silicone like surface which is there to hold your Fire upright as you watch video. On the outside rather than being a soft natural feeling leather on the outside of the case I think Amazon are using a pressed bonded leather. Inside the case must be a magnet as when you close the lid it locks your kindles. The tacky silicon on my case failed repeatedly to hold the Fire upright when watching video and fell flat after a few minutes on a huge variety of surfaces from my kitchen worktop, Polished Wood and a plastic airline table.

The amazon fire hd leather cover looks nice in Ink Blue but as it falls flat when watching video I am keeping my Kindle in the Timbuk2 case.
on 4 February 2013
BADLY DESIGNED AROUND THE HEADPHONE POINT. IMPOSSIBLE TO GET HEADPHONE JACK COMPLETELY IN. NOT ENOUGH SPACE PROVIDED. ALSO TOO PRICEY
Colour Name: Ink Blue|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The fit around the Kindle Fire HD is spot on. All ports are easily accessible and the lid has a magnet that keeps the lid closed and automatically shuts off the Kindle's screen. When you open the lid again, the Kindle's screen automatically switches on, which is a nice touch.

The case is tough and the leather has a nice slightly poofy feel to it. The plastic frame around the edge is very thick, so you may be reassured that if you dropped your Kindle, the case isn't going to allow much past it, short of a hammer! The inside of the screen lid is slightly velvety, so this should help to protect the screen from any scratching.

It is indeed a very well constructed cover and should protect your precious Kindle Fire HD for many years ... it's a worthwhile insurance against those moments that inevitably happen ... how many times have you dropped a phone ... make sure you have one of these before you drop your Kindle!