on 30 January 2016
I bought this on the recommendation of my Granddad and was not let down. I opened it on Boxing day which was a bit of a mistake (not much left now). It is well balanced with both Madeira and Bourbon finishes. Smooth and very drinkable. It is a great introductory Whisky for those who are new to it.I have recommended this to a number of friends.
Overall I am very happy with this product
on 3 June 2014
This whisky is really drinkable, the slightly lower volume means that it is mellow and flavoursome without too much fire! Anyone who likes Penderyn will like this, and some who aren't whisky drinkers may even like this too. The mellower finish means the lovely Welsh flavour really comes through.
on 28 July 2013
This is the second bottle of Penderyn whisky I have tried. The first was a gift. I was surprisingly impressed and decided to use an Amazon gift voucher to try another. I was not disappointed. It is a light, smooth whisky with none of the sometimes overpowering smokiness and almost medicinal taste of many Scottish whiskies. I also prefer it to Irish whiskeys which I have drunk.
on 27 February 2016
Really didn't enjoy this at all unfortunately. After all the good reviews I have it a go but not for me. Weird after taste, weird taste in general to be honest. If you prefer your Dalwhinie stick with that.
on 17 May 2015
The whiskey I was sent was not this whiskey! All of the whiskeys from this distillery are exceptional, which is why I gave 5 stars, however I now order directly from the distillery which is cheaper and you get what you ask for. Try all of the Penderyn range, great tasting sharp whiskey, amongst my favourites!
on 24 March 2016
Top quality drink, really nice. Not the best whisky I've ever had but pretty smooth
on 25 June 2016
Fabulous, but all the Penderyn whiskeys are, can't fault at all!
on 28 December 2015
Can't beat it. Superb.
on 28 May 2014
Superb flavours, 46%, this is a truly excellent quality premium whisky.
Well worth a try and great as a gift to the uninitiated :-)
on 22 January 2016
Tried welsh whiskey a few years ago and it did not do it for me, then I discovered this, it is a lovely smooth quality whiskey.