Colour: Total Black|Change
Price:£139.00 - £199.99

on 13 May 2017
Excellent, sturdy car-seat from a reliable manufacturer. Easy to use, to tighten the seat-belts, simply pull the tag at the front until baby is secure. The padded seat is also nice and comfy for your little one.
on 15 March 2017
The car seat is fine but I ordered the raspberry red and that is not the colour I received. I needed the seat so have not returned it. But it would have been nice to have a car seat in the colour I wanted.
on 18 May 2017
very good, easy to fit, comfortable - approved by grand daughter!
on 26 May 2017
Very happy,would def buy again!
on 28 July 2009
Excellent seat. Bought for my rather big eight month old. Easy and quick to fit. High enough for your child to see into the front of car and out of windows (albeit peoples heads!). Worth noting that the safety strap you have to pull each time you use the seat does require quite a bit of strength (i'm hoping this will ease with time) - this is the only reason why I did not mark this product as 5 star.
on 22 January 2011
I bought these for my twins,after reading the good reviews on here. I found them a bit fiddly to fit first time, but think that was just me worrying about not fitting them right.I was a bit worried about purchasing them from Amazon ( or anywhere else online) as i was worried about fitting them but halfords were more than happy to check that i had them fitted correctly before using them and free of charge! Now after taking them in and out of the car a few times it's easy and doesn't take too long. My twins love sitting in them facing forwards, they have a good view out of the window and seem very comfortable in them. I've been very impressed with the excellent head support, even without the seat reclined, if my boys fall asleep there heads don't loll forward unlike a cheaper brand of carseat they use in the grandparents car. the seat is very user friendly, so easy to get the child in and out, the harness springs out of the way, and just press the buckle part down to easily pull out the straps, no fiddling, no stress, just nice and simple. Once child is in the seat, pull the strap down until the green shows on the buckle and you know child is in tight enough, perfect! No more worries about the harness being to loose. As child grows the harness and head support can easily be adjusted by simply pulling upwards on the headrest to the desired position, again Perfect! no fiddly straps to re-thread, and only takes seconds to do. The seat has numerous recline positions, but as i said earlier my twins have fallen asleep plenty of times in the upright position and there heads stay fully supported and they look comfortable. The seat cover comes off for washing another handy thing, they look great in the car, so easy to use, the only car seat for us, well done Maxi-Cosi!!
on 1 May 2016
The seat seems to be of excellent quality and strong material. Seats usually make my baby feel clostrophobic but she actually enjoys this one. I recline it back when she falls asleep
on 1 July 2014
Short and Sweet review - I cannot recommend this seat highly enough for safety. My 2 year old was in the back of our car when we were hit in the rear at a speed of 40-50mph. The car is a write off and i suffered severe bruising and whip lash (in the drivers seat) but my little girl came away with no damage at all. You always ask yourself why you spend that bit extra on a car seat and now i know why. We now have to replace this car seat as although it has no obvious damage the insurance company told us to replace it and we will definitely purchasing another 'Tobi'
on 15 May 2012
When choosing a car seat we wanted something that ticked all the boxes. In particular we saw my sister struggled getting her car seat secure in the car when fitting, mainly due to having to feed the seat belt through the back of the seat. We have 2 cars so wanted something which we could move easily. This car seat does not disappoint, it is as simple as putting seat belt over the seat, putting in the holes at the top, pulling belt tight and fastening the tabs. Takes around a minute and requires average effort, certainly easier than my sisters.

The car seat appear very comfortable, my daughter sometimes takes to sitting in it when we've got it in the house so is a hit with her. Never once has she complained about it (she's nearly 3 and been in it since she was 1).

I'm also impressed how easy it is to adjust the headrest (2 seconds to pull out and move up or down), my sister commented on it when we took my niece out and had to move up, I think hers is a lot more difficult to adjust.

The recline feature is also very simple and straightforward for when they fall asleep in the car. I can adjust when I'm driving by simply reaching back with one hand and pulling the lever (again a 2 second job).

I also love the tightness indicator (turns from grey to green when tight enough). I see other reviews complaining about this and I can see where they're coming from. I found when I pull tight the indicator turns green, I believe most people are leaving it there which is the problem. I've found you then need to tug hard on the straps which will loosen the tension again. You need to repeat this process until the indicator stays green (usually only takes one pull and retighten). I have no issue whatsoever with this, I would always check the tension by hand anyway so no problem. I done this with her baby car seat also, not sure why, possibly in the manual?

Lastly, you could say we're lucky but approaching 3 years old my daughter did the inevitable and was sick in the seat. I considered taking out the back and blasting with the pressure washer but upon close inspection it is very easy to remove the cloth and hand wash. You'll also need to clean the plastic shell (which the pressure washer would never have done), it's amazing what you find inside (we found 5 clasps and plenty of raisins). Now I know how easy it is I will clean more often.

In summing up, I couldn't recommend highly enough.

EDIT: We've now had this product 3 years and are using it for our 2nd child. As was the case for many others the plastic at the bottom where the strap comes out (which you pull tight) broke making it more difficult to tighten (not impossible). That said we contacted Maxi Cosi who were very good about it (probably because it is a known issue) and fixed it for us for £15 (effectively we mainly just paid for the shipping, they picked up from our door and dropped it off again) so pretty good service. I've knocked a star off the review but still pretty happy with the seat, still seems better than most others on the market. The experience hasn't put us off buying another Maxi Cosi seat (Rodi) for our eldest who has now outgrown this seat. Both our children have never had any complaints about the Maxi Cosi seats, they certainly seem comfortable enough and both regularly doze off in theirs so can't be a bad thing.
on 4 July 2007
Bought this seat for my 9 month old after some research on the internet. Previous seat (infant carrier) was also maxi-cosi and I was happy with the brand.

It is reasonably easy to fit (once I was shown how to use my knees to secure it whilst tightening the car seat belt)! Once secure it is a great seat, easy to tighten and recline. I noted that you can only recline other brands before the child sits in the seat which seemed hopeless!

Have to say I also experienced the problem of the belts not tightening at same time however this was easily rectified by adjusting the belts at the back of the seat (the manual explains how to do this).

If you have bought this seat I would recommend you log on to the manufacturer website where they will send you a free attachment to stop crumbs getting into the belt tightening mechanism.

Only gripe with this seat is the price but you get what you pay for in the end and if you shop around you can get a good deal.
11 Comment| 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse