Top positive review
DeWALT 32 Piece XR Professional Magnetic Screwdriver Bit Accessory Set
17 May 2017
1. The box contains 30 bits (Pictures 1 and 2) of the following types: PH1, PH2 (x2), PH3, PZ1, PZ2 (x2), PZ3, SL3, SL4, SL5, SL6.5, H3, H4, H5, H6, T10, T15, T20, T25, T27, T30, T40, T10H, T15H, T20H, T25H, T27H, T30H, T40H, an ADP adaptor and a magnetic holder to use the bits with an electric drill (if you wish to do so). As noted above, of the 30 bits, 28 are unique and you get two spares: a PZ2 and a PH2.
2. All bits are colour-coded, which is practical and aesthetically pleasing (Pictures 2 and 3).
3. The magnetic holder has an easy to operate locking mechanism. The black metal “DeWALT”-marked ring (Picture 2) slides along the axis to lock/unlock the bit.
4. The box itself is well designed and beautiful to look at (Picture 1). It is very compact (L10.7 cm, W7.5 cm) and is comparatively lightweight.
5. The hinged transparent lid has a metal clasp to secure it in place (Picture 4).
6. There is a handy belt clip on the back of the box (Picture 5).
1. The see-through lid is a dirt and fingerprint magnet and I expect the brittle plastic to scratch and crack over time. Metal would definitely be sturdier.
2. The clip on the back is a handy feature, but it prevents the box from resting securely on a level surface.
1. This is an excellent product: very well manufactured (DeWALT has been in business since 1923) and offering a variety of colour-coded bits that should be sufficient for most applications.
2. The asking price is reasonable.