on 19 April 2017
I didn't want to spend a small fortune when it comes to buying an iron; long as it did my shirts, that's all I ask of it! This no-nonsense 'does what it says on the box' iron pretty much fits the bill. Hardly any bells and whistles, it irons my shirts smoothly & perfectly. Adjustable heat settings as per, with a couple of steam effects built in. A decent bloke's iron! (if there is such a thing?!)
on 12 March 2017
Purchased August 2013, died March 2017. In the meantime it performed the functions of an iron to a perfectly acceptable level. After about 1 year we had to add a silicone sole plate cover (£5) as the iron started to transfer burnt reside onto the clothes. Apart from that yearly descaling is all that is required. Good iron, nothing special, just good.
I received this just yesterday, but have already tested it on a basket full of laundry, and I have to say it performed very well indeed - far more quickly and with less effort than my previous iron, thanks to the 2400W and 90g shot of steam. It's early days, but so far I'm seriously impressed by this modestly-priced, comfortable-to-use and good-looking iron. A minor quibble would be the relatively short cord, but that can be overcome with an extension lead.
on 8 September 2012
I would highly recommend this iron. I bought it as we were moving house and our boxes had'nt arrived with our iron yet and I needed something in the interim. I thought this was very reasonably priced (on sale) and saw the excellent reviews. It arrived very quickly. In fact this iron seems to work better than our more expensive one, which has in fact remained in its box :-). Very good product.
0Comment| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 May 2016
My old iron was 8+ years old was working well then it died. I bought this after reading positive reviews and they weren't wrong, I completed my load of ironing yesterday in record time, wonderful.
on 31 March 2017
Simple and effective. Does the job well, very robust and doesn't leak hard water deposits onto clothes.
on 16 April 2017
Not been used yet but price was good and seems to be OK
on 29 March 2017
had it a long time now i think and it still works great
on 8 April 2017
was going good until it got called in there was something wrong with this model of iron but got a nice new one in it's place.
on 27 March 2017