on 14 July 2013
Used for 1st time today - had all the things on paper that I wanted - bought for colour and name - also wanted a light iron as have had carpal tunnel surgery. Measures up well to previous irons - easy to view controls - got nice and hot - steam output good. Seemed to get a lot of ironing (cottons,towels etc) from less than one iron reservoir - amazed. Iron easy to hold - found filling a bit difficult and fiddly - lot less noisy than previous irons and wondered if got hot enough - just feel that it is a quiet confident little iron that is self effacing smpy because it can do the job and is happy doing it. Used on bedding, linen, over dry teatowels, tender things like soft cat blankets - no probs with anything and linen is a beetle to get creases out of espec when too dry...but little iron just whipped through and made tough stuff a joy. Love the colour - sexy, fun - only criticism of it (and I wish that there were none) is that I found it v difficult to see how much water is actually in the reservoir because of purple plastic - love the purple, made me buy it but would like an easier way to know if water still in tank and how much...but yes, well happy with it and especially with the sexy colour/look and at the purchase price....only has a shortish cord though - 5/6ft? Previous iron had 3mm cord and much more convenient - not a criticism of this iron at all - just like to see all future irons with a 3m cord, retracting if need be (children, pets) for total safety....But overall, a super iron - put a 4 not a 4 for the couple of small things mentioned but had they not been there, would have been overjoyed to give it 5....Squirrel 59 - Sun 14.7.13....Steam on, guys, steam on...xx
on 19 April 2017
I didn't want to spend a small fortune when it comes to buying an iron; long as it did my shirts, that's all I ask of it! This no-nonsense 'does what it says on the box' iron pretty much fits the bill. Hardly any bells and whistles, it irons my shirts smoothly & perfectly. Adjustable heat settings as per, with a couple of steam effects built in. A decent bloke's iron! (if there is such a thing?!)
on 11 May 2014
Russell Hobbs didn't disappoint on results - this iron heats up quickly, produces nice even steam, and can iron even heavy jeans well. The steam dial is a bit all-or-nothing, and the temperature dial works, but also goes well beyond the marked "min" and "max" leaving one questioning what position should be used especially on items requiring low heat! I've used a marker pen to make my own marks of where I like it and that works for me, but hence the dropping of a star.

Good:
- Really high quality feel to it
- Excellent results
- Heats up very quickly
- Water tank lasts a long time

Bad:
- Steam dial is a bit all-or-nothing
- Temperature dial poorly labelled.

Summary:
Would recommend for those looking for a good value steam iron with nothing fancy about it - and would buy again.
on 12 March 2017
Purchased August 2013, died March 2017. In the meantime it performed the functions of an iron to a perfectly acceptable level. After about 1 year we had to add a silicone sole plate cover (£5) as the iron started to transfer burnt reside onto the clothes. Apart from that yearly descaling is all that is required. Good iron, nothing special, just good.
on 7 March 2013
Having read mixed reviews, I wasn't expecting anything special from this iron but so far, it has far exceeded my expectations. I bought this on the basis that it was from a reliable manufacturer and the price seemed to good to be true at £14. What a bargain!

It's very lightweight, I'd say half the weight of its predecessor which was a Morphy Richards and seemed huge and clumsy (not to mention heavy) by comparison. The stainless steel sole plate glides beautifully across many fabrics making shirts a doddle. I only filled the water tank once and it lasted for more than an hour of solid ironing, no complaints there. The power cable is a generous length, longer than I'm used too, it's powerful 2400 w are more than adequate to cope with my load of domestic ironing, clothes mostly, leaving excellent results.

I am overall very pleased with my purchase and would highly recommend this iron.
on 27 January 2014
We have rubbish water that clogs and limes up our irons at a rate of one every 6 months (and yes, we do use filtered water to try and help). Despite buying some of the more expensive ones, they made no difference so, we thought we would go for a cheaper model, less wear on the pocket every 6 months or so.
Wife is delighted with this particular brand, it does everything she could want from an iron, light, functional and cheaper to throw away in 6 months, steams and sprays and does all the things that seem to please women in this area.. go ahead treat yourself or the wife to one, you won't be disappointed at all. Well worth my 5 stars!;
on 6 May 2014
I was pleased at this item when it arrived and it has served its purpose for a few months without a problem, but the flex soon split and frayed from kinking, and the steamer button does not work properly. So although it is good when it arrives, it does not stay that way for long. The item began to look worn after six months, so it needs replacing. If I was on a low budget, I would purchase this knowing it would see me through until I save for a better model. For the price it is excellent! I am still using it, but am thinking about a new purchase soon.
on 1 March 2013
I believe this thing is called an i-r-o-n. Not sure why one would want one but it was requested as a birthday present by my partner's daughter and I think that it is used for flattening clothes in some inexplicable way. What is the younger generation coming too?

I think it is liked and is useful. It looks to be a nice colour, is pointy at one end, has a tank for water and an electric lead to power it and a flat metally bit underneath for the steam to come out. I am so excited by this I may have to go for a little lie down.

I'm not sure that I would go so far as to buy one for myself though.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 July 2014
I received this just yesterday, but have already tested it on a basket full of laundry, and I have to say it performed very well indeed - far more quickly and with less effort than my previous iron, thanks to the 2400W and 90g shot of steam. It's early days, but so far I'm seriously impressed by this modestly-priced, comfortable-to-use and good-looking iron. A minor quibble would be the relatively short cord, but that can be overcome with an extension lead.
on 9 November 2014
The iron arrived very quickly and I have enjoyed using this on my "pile" of ironing. The iron is lightweight and the steam worked wonderfully on the items of clothing which were very dry. I have had Russell Hobbs irons in the past that have cost double the price of this model and I feel that my new iron equals the dearer ones. A product I would recommend.