on 15 April 2017
Having never read a novel by Simon Wood I felt I should as I liked the reviews and it was definitely my kind of read. In a nut shell it blew me away! I have read many a novel now and it has been a while since I have read a book that is written that has you gripped from page one! Normally they reel you in but this was different - more like wham and you are suckered in straight away! A cleverly crafted and well written novel. At one point I thought I had it figured out - I was half right! Be that as it may the story centres around a cold case of abduction that turns into something a lot more. A journalist by the name of Scott becomes the pawn in the abduction of his twin sons; with the help of the FBI and a private investigator the story takes of many twists and turns, that leads to an explosive ending. I would highly recommend this novel, but beware it is impossible to put down!
on 13 August 2017
Some unexpected twists in a good tale with the FBI trying to help a family with a terrible deadline. Some very good surprises in the tale, but a couple of the twists were very obvious, and there were a number of 'as if!' moments (like the one outside the study nearing the end: no-one would have waited, especially not a PI... ) hence four stars. But overall a good and well written read which I enjoyed.
on 5 October 2016
Not a bad book, started off really well and grabbed my interest but then I think it sort of dragged on a bit and I found it hard to concentrate on what was going on. Saying that I got to the end and had sort of guessed what was happening from about half way through.
on 9 March 2017
As always Simon Wood delivers an exciting nail biting story. A definite can't put down until finished book. Well done.
on 19 May 2017
It held your interest, but I felt that it went on too long. I found it improbable that so many other people could be involved with the principle character. If had had ended when I thought it should (I'll not say too much as I don't want to spoil it for anyone else), it would have been an excellent book.
on 25 May 2017
A great story that keeps you interested and trying to work out what will happen next. The main characters for me are rather too disfunctional for my liking and some of the 'emotional' parts are a bit cheesy. The ending is a rather drawn out and predictable and action scenes all a bit inevitable. Well worth a read though and not too taxing on the old grey matter!
on 4 May 2017
As a father myself I've sometimes wondered how far I'd go to protect or save my children. Luckily I've never been in that position, but I'm sure I'd put my life on the line if I had to! That is the essence of this story as Scott Fleetwood goes outside the law to save his son!
on 25 September 2016
Brilliant read very hard to put down.with lots of twist and turns right to last chapter.Hope you enjoy as much as I did
on 26 September 2016
This was a book I could not put down. It is a none stop action story of lots of twists
on 28 September 2016
excellent book not to be missed well constructed super author