Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

on 8 August 2009
They have changed the formula for KY Jelly. Look carefully - if you have the NEW FORMULA do a patch test first. This stung both myself and my girlfriend. I'm guessing it's meant to enhance feeling with a warm, tingly sensation. It may work for some, probably most - but it does not work for everyone. We both found it very irritating and unpleasant. They should label this product as being different to the original jelly and that people with sensitive skin may have an allergic reaction. Terrible!!!
on 21 October 2009
Changing the tube to a new 'trendy' shape so that the customer can't find the new packet on the supermarket shelf is one thing, but - horror upon horror - J & J have also decided that because the product isn't broke, they will fix it - by changing the formula. The old mixture was a first-class product which we used happily for around 20 years. The new composition fails on all counts by a) disintegrating quickly into a thin and useless watery mess, and b) giving the skin, at least for us, a strange, slightly burning, sensation. I gathered from J & J customer care that the change may have something to do with EU regulations. They are sending a returns envelope for a refund, and will pass on my comments to manufacturing. I'm not holding my breath for a reversal in manufacturing, and in the meantime I'm exploring the products of their competitors.
33 Comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 May 2010
For a long termed successful product such as KY Jelly which has to be of a certain form and neutrality for comfort why has is changed to this thin and actually painful product goodness only knows. Yes, change the packaging but not the product. It was only when I decided to see the Doctor because of pains in the area I mentioned to my wife and she also said it was stingingly uncomfortable but never previously mentioned it. Avoid at all cots.
on 29 March 2014
This is the stuff that we have all heard about and even though there are lots of modern equivalents it can't be beat. as an older man I find it has made a big difference to my personal life. Great product, clean and easy to use and well worth the small cost for the increased pleasure it brings us.
on 21 October 2009
Changing the tube to a new 'trendy' shape so that the customer can't find the new packet on the supermarket shelf is one thing, but - horror upon horror - J & J have also decided that because the item isn't broke, they will fix it - by changing the formula. The old mixture was a first-class product which we used happily for around 20 years. The new composition fails on all counts by a) disintegrating quickly into a thin and useless watery mess, and b) giving the skin, at least for us, a strange, slightly burning, sensation. I gathered from J & J customer care that the change may have something to do with EU regulations. They are sending a returns envelope for a refund, and will pass on my comments to manufacturing. I'm not holding my breath for a reversal in manufacturing, and in the meantime I'm exploring the products of their competitors.
on 9 March 2010
What the other reviewers have said here is absolutely true. This was a great products once but its new formula actually makes a very practical product practically useless. Where once it was silky and lubricating now it is thin, watery and (worst of all) doesn't even do the lubricating job for which it was designed! Several people I know who use it have said just the same and the company must be losing sales hand over fist (no pun intended). Is there an old supply of the original product in a warehouse somewhere?!!!!!!
on 6 May 2016
Fantastic!!!...I have tried various lubrication's for sexual use & daily use, due to going through the menopause I suffer with vaginal dryness & found this to work amazingly well-the best so far! I could feel the difference from the first, small application. Hasn't caused any comfortableness or irritation & is safe to use with toys, also for daily use-whatever your activity.
A little goes a long way & isn't a thick or too thin consistency. Does not dry out too quick or clog & no scent with it, also find it tasteless when engaging in sexual activity.
Thank-you!!! Will definitely be ordering more-made a huge difference to my sex life & for that, I cannot thank you enough.
Highly recommend.
on 24 March 2010
My girlfriend and I have used KY Jelly for a several years and we've never had a problem...Now with the "New Formula" its been utter disappointment. I've seen wallpaper paste with better lubricating properties. This new formula seems to form a rubber feel coating which binds rather than slides and breaks down almost right away. There is also a very strong stinging sensation (imagine humpping a frezzer bag full of chilli powder) for both me and my partner. All in all a bloody awful product in its current form
on 29 May 2015
This is great stuff, although my wife did get confused between this and putty. She's not happy as her windows fell out.
on 7 May 2015
Bought to help my dog have puppies
They shot out like cannon balls
Great stuff

What do customers buy after viewing this item?

Best Selling • Top Rated