Customer reviews

Price:£0.99

on 6 September 2017
good read but a bit disappointing as had to buy book 3
on 3 April 2013
I don't know how I allow this book to be. Read. To me. I hope the reader is paid well for her awful task. How many books to the conclusion?
on 29 December 2014
brilliant read
on 1 July 2012
Having now read part two of three it is still mediocre at best the story is taking to long to really get going. Part way through this episode which started out as Odd Thomas's memoir suddenly turns into Jolie Ann Harmony's memoir a bit disjointed. I used to really enjoy Koontz work but find of late there is too much padding not enough story, shame really.
on 1 July 2012
All 3 in this series are very good but I don't know why Dean Koontz made them so short, he is an excellent writer and they could have had more detail and been longer without it being padding. I realise or should I say I pressume it was in 3 parts so he could charge £3 for the total book and I understand this but if he's charging by the word now I'm sure his fans would have coughed up £1.50 per part, total £4.50 and been happy to have a bit more to read. There are many of us "Odd" fans out there and we'd like more Odd.
on 17 August 2012
Having read all three parts of Odd Interlude and Odd Apocalypse I have to say that I wish Dean had made Odd Interlude 1 2 and 3 into one full length novel. I found the plot original and Odd is more like the Odd Thomas you get to know in the earlier books, there is a major departure in character when you read Odd Apocalypse which is the sequel to Odd Interlude. The combination of alien elements and a psychic hold over the residents of the settlement was very original and kept me hooked throughout the three installments.

Bearing in mind how greedy HarperCollins have been in demanding 10 quid for the sequel Odd Apocalyse I found that although Odd Interlude was short it was a really gripping read and well worth paying just under 3 quid for the combined book. Its a real shame that this book is not available in paper and audio formats for those Odd Thomas fans who are visually impaired and cannot use a Kindle as I feel they miss out by not reading this excellent short trilogy. As a Kindle user I loved receiving the book as a serial in three parts as a warm up act prior to the release of Odd Apocalypse, even though it was of course a cynical marketing tactic!
on 27 March 2014
I had bought and read the book Interlude but when I saw a part 2 and a part 3, I thought I needed those to complete the story. I was wrong but didn't find out until I had bought both. It seems the story was complete in the published book and that parts 1 and 2 are for the Kindle version. Very disappointed and I can't return it as it was purchased for the Kindle.
on 7 August 2012
Having read and enjoyed Part !, I could not wait to read part 2, and was not disappointed. The series is captivating, and let's face it, it is cheaper than a cup of latte coffee in Starbucks or Costas,
more enjoyable, and you get to keep it for ever on your kindle!!
What more can I say? A great read.
Well done Dean, for another blinding series.
on 4 July 2012
After Part One's slow start and cliff hanger ending, I was super anxious for this ( I even broke my golden rule and set aside the book I was reading to get straight to this). I wasn't disappointed - great pace and fab story. Roll on the final instalment!
on 19 June 2012
This is not quite classic Dean Koontz but it is still a very enjoyable read and recommended for the fans. The story grips you from the start and is handled withe the skill of a master. Recommended.