Colour Name: Green|Change

on 31 August 2012
When I bought these from Amazon, I thought they were the same as the JVC HAFX1X earphones my daughter had bought recently, but with a mic for speaking which I wanted. How wrong I was. The wires are very thin compared with the HAFX1X, and the resulting sound is quite toneless. I had bought a lot cheaper earphones from Maplins that were better than these.
Don't touch these phones with a barge pole, go for the HAFX1X that are virtually the same price and better than twice as good. I'd rather have good listening than the convenience of talking without moving my phone.
on 24 March 2012
Was looking for not expensive and reliable headset to use with my iPhone4 in gym and while riding bicycle.
Took into consideration MMElectronics M6P, A-Jays4, sennheiser c680i( which is way more expensive)
However after reading user review and opinion could not make my choice as there were people who either said "headphones are great" and "headphones are mess", when found new, recently announced HA-FR201 .
I'm not an audiophile and never had expensive headphones which I don't think you have to buy for gym, but JVC sounds very good with deep bass. They are quite comfortable and mic button is very soft, however I don't think it will pushes by itself neither you can press it ocassionally.
Cable is not so thick as it may looks on the picture, but looks strong enough.Straight 3.5 mm jack could be angled for better fit with iPhone.
There is short cable adaptor to use with android devices. Unfortubatelly they don't include carriage case anymore, probably to keep low price.
After two 2.5 hrs bicycle ride JVC feels very conmfortable in my ears, however you have to choose eartips carefully. I wish they had foam tips as well.
For money I paid, I don't think there is any better choice for my needs. I give 4 stars only because they don't supply carriage pouch.
on 2 August 2013
I have three pairs of the original Extreme Explosives and they are great. I purchased these purely for the color (my kids keep losing theirs & taking mine). Sadly they are not the same, they sound awful and lack the dynamics of the red ones. It's not just the in-line controls and color that are different, the profile is a slightly different shape than the originals.
on 30 January 2016
They had really good sound, worked flawlessly with my samsung galaxy s6, had good bass, clear voice. Everything was good. However the material quality was not so good, it got ripped after 1 month of use. Sorry JVC cant give you 5 stars
on 11 February 2016
JVC HAFX1X Xtreme Xplosives In Ear Canal Headphones

Really disappointed. This ad pages for these earphones are really misleading I bought these earphones as the have a hands free mic which I needed because the ones the came with my S6 in last May broke. So decided to go for these earphones as I have the JVC HAFX1X which is the link that I have posted. They are really good earphones I have had them for 2 years and no problems so I thought I would get these ones because I thought they were the same model and that there was no model number added in the advert description. These are actually HA-FR201-V xplosives which are nothing like my other pair that I have got. Comparing the 2 the audio quality is a lot lower and the cables are thin as well as the earpods themselves feel cheaply made. The weird this is, Is that the pair I have had for the last 2 is that they are cheaper, sound better and overall better made than these earphones. the only Pro this model has is that it has a mic for phone calls on.

In conclusion the advert for these earphones should/need to be more clear as the the images I have posted are nearly identical but 2 different models of earphones. The purple earphone are HA-FR201-V which this is the advert for the Red earphone are the HAFX1X which are far better than these cheaply made yet more expensive earphones
review image review image
on 6 May 2014
A friend recommended these as I was looking for decent earphones to use with my phone and initial impressions were excellent for the price. The mic and remote worked brilliantly and the actual sound quality is good for the price. The fit wasn't perfect with any of the supplied caps but that's a personal thing and I can't really blame JVC for not fitting my ears exactly. The real problem though is that today, only two months after buying them, the left earphone conked out entirely and no amount of fiddling with it gets any more sound from it. Obviously I could just've got a dodgy pair but even for a tenner I can't recommend earphones that stop working after two months.
on 26 February 2014
I like the ear pieces, they're slightly skewed so they follow the ear canal. Comfort is fine. The soft cups are interchangeable.The wire is quite hard and does seem to get tangled easily. Can't expect too much from the low price.
I can't work out how the volume control is supposed to work. It's hinged at one end, not in the middle like a seesaw, and nothing seems to happen when I use it. I've got both a Nexus 7 and Ipad 4th gen and the volume control didn't work on either. It's a bit crackly. One time, I was idly clicking the volume control and it would go really loud then very quiet alternately. Not happened since.
I've no complaint about the sellers. They were extremely fast in shipping and the goods arrived well packed.
I've not sent the headset back because of the fuss involved for £8.99
I ended up returning to my sennheiser earphones even though one has died, it's less traumatic than using these and I've just ordered a higher priced different brand.
Oh, I forgot. It's got a 3mm plug, then there's another 3mm adapter that the plug can plug into. I'm sure it's important for something but I've no idea what. Maybe I should play around with that and see if it makes it work on the nexus/ipad...
on 17 January 2016
I really wanted earphones that could skip tracks on the remote, as my music is always on shuffle. As pause is one click and skip is two clicks, I find that quite often I click twice and I pause and unpause it again. It takes a bit of a knack to get it to skip rather than pause/play but otherwise, a nice pair of cheapish earphones that do the trick!
on 17 May 2013
I spent weeks looking at various reviews for products in the £35-£45 price range, and all of them seemed to have one fault or another. I needed a mic on my headphones, so that I could answer calls on my new Asus Fonepad, but also wanted better sound quality than bog-standard phone headphones provided.

I understand that headphones, like speakers, can take several hours to start to sound optimal. Only a few hours in, these JVCs are already sounding good. The bass is like having a subwoofer in your head! But that said, the bass is controlled and doesn't obliterate the mid and high ranges. There is no distortion at maximum volume (not recommended if you value your hearing!) The three sizes of silicon sleeve should ensure a comfy fit, and having walked around with them, they seem to stay put in my lug-holes with the standard (medium)sleeves. They feel comfortable, and so quite easy to forget they're there, and leave you to focus on the music.

Build quality seems ok, but only time will tell whether they survive the daily commute into London. Also the wires do not seem to be the tangle-free type, but it's too early to tell whether they end up like a string of Christmas lights in my bag!

I have already tested the call quality, and the mic works fine on my Asus Fonepad without the supplied adaptor. Also the single click remote control button pauses and starts Google's Play Music app, though I couldn't skip forwards and backwards between tracks with double and triple clicks. I don't rule out that it won't work with other Android music apps - it will be a matter of experimenting, and JVC's instructions are understandably deliberately non-commital about the results you may experience.

Overall, I'm already very pleased!

One thing I should mention is JVC's bonkers Carbon-bonded plastic packaging which almost requires a stanley knife to open! There must be another way...
on 29 July 2016
Great pair of ear phones . Than you for the speedy delivery .Sorry I am late giving feed back but am I in hospital.
But thatnk you veru much. It's just what I was looking for.
Kind regards