on 6 August 2012
This beautiful purple Galaxy Ace is my first Smartphone and I love it. The loss of a star is just because I bought it locked to O2 at a bargain price without realising that they won't unlock it until I've had it for a year, so I can't use continental SIM cards while travelling. But that was all until I recently discovered it won't accept Flash Player, so I can't access BBC iPlayer. It's very annoying and I can't understand why when the phone's operating system is Ice Cream Sandwich. I have loaded music, added a Kindle app and a library app for access to my books, made the song I'm learning into my ringtone, synced my Google contact list and email and am a happy bunny. It's not particularly intuitive, but I've sorted everything I need to from the instruction manual downloaded from the Samsung site and picked up valuable tips on conserving battery from another review. And in the end, I found the O2 roaming tariff very good, at £1.99 a day for a reasonable amount of internet access.
on 29 October 2012
This is a well constructed product that does as it says in the spec. It was delivered promptly being well packaged, as is the case with products bought through Amazon. The only criticism is that the quick start instructions were inadequate for anyone new to the smartphone. They did little more than describe the external bits such as volume control ,power switch etc. To receive a manual requires contact with Samsung; this brings a 120 page user manual!
Given a better instruction document, albeit not necessarily the full manual, a 5 star rating would have been given, taking account of the price.
on 26 November 2012
I never seem to have signal and have to keep logging off and back on again to get any whatsapp messages that have been sent. Texts can take up to a day to get through and sometimes when typing the letter next to the one you want comes up. Even using a stylus doesn't seem to help. Still haven't sorted out the camera to stop the flash glare and some names keep disappearing from the phone book no matter how many times I enter them.
on 2 August 2012
This is an excellent phone - easy to use and very smart and I love the purple colour. It arrived by courier, which is not easy for me as I work and am not in all day. But my instructions on where to leave the parcel were followed to the letter and I was very satisfied with the purchase and delivery.
on 11 January 2013
Great little Phone my daughter loves it. However it was black not purple? Couldn't be bothered sending it back as it was too close to christmas but I bought purple because that's my daughters favourite colour!
on 17 April 2013
Great to use. Arrived v quickly. Loads of apps available. Does the job I need it to do. Good product.
on 27 September 2013
And it has not yet arrived! 10 days is a ridiculous amount of time to wait for an order to be delivered - and no information either !!!
Rubbish service!
on 15 January 2013
i like it because its easy to use only fault is battery life is too short i wouldnt change it
on 21 February 2015
to technical for me so gave it to my grandson
on 19 December 2015