on 17 April 2017
3 stars. Good wee model but did not come with paint.
on 16 March 2017
Another good model for my collection.
on 16 March 2017
Brilliant brought as a gift
on 14 January 2013
This is another Brilliant Airfix kit. Its a new tool and far surpases the old 109 from Airfix. The fit of parts is excellent and no filler was needed for the build. Have posted some Pictures of the completed kit. The box has a very atmospheric painting by Adam Tooby of this actual 109 being shot down. the Sprues inside the box have crisp grey plastic with no flash, but the parts have thick connections so be careful when removing the small parts as they are easy to break. The decals are excellent as they are printed by Cartograph. The instructions are very easy to follow but you will have to download the stencil placement sheet from the Airfix website. Other than that little gripe for £6 this is a brilliant kit
review image review image review image review image
on 16 April 2015
First impressions: Plastic is a nice, discreet blue/grey, not the old 'sky blue'. Sculpting is of an altogether higher standard than the original, with moulded panel lines and engine detail; they've even fashioned tyres with a 'flat' bottom, so they sit more realistically. Even the transfers (hate the word 'decals'...) are numbered for easy placement and look top quality. Thoroughly recommended.
on 28 December 2015
When I'm buying a kit I expect it to contain the items to construct the plane. This comes with no glue or paint. Not a kit in my eyes
33 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 June 2014
Another wonderful retooled kit from Airfix!

Fine panel lines, well crafted parts, removable panels so you can display the engine detail that is already present in the the fuselage halves engine bay.

A nice set of cartograf decals are included too that will give this kit the best finish you could want. Well recommended and very very nice for the money.
on 12 April 2013
This model kit was the first of the new generation if Airfix kits that I had build after a long time building armour ones. I was pleasently surprised at the level of detail and the ease of construction which was very relaxing. Highly recommended.
A brilliant kit from Airfix which shows that when they start afresh , rather than recycling old tooling , they can produce quality models the equal of any of the rivals . I was amazed by the level of detail incorporated , almost as if Airfix had taken a serious look at their 1/24scale Bf109E and scaled as much as possible down to 1/72scale . Prior to the release of this kit any 109E I built was taken from my stock of the old Matchbox offering ( basic , fairly accurate and cheap) or the Hasegawa version ( exquisite but expensive) depending on my mood . Not anymore , this fresh 109E from Airfix is a delight to build .
on 30 July 2015
This was the very first Airfix kit I built at age 12. I still have it on my shelf. As I wanted to relive the joy of building it I bought it off Amazon. I enjoyed building it now as much as I did at age 12. Looks great on display.