Top positive review
One person found this helpful
Printer Cartridge comsumption - the best !
on 14 August 2013
I bought this in substitution for the HP OfficeJet 7310, which now belongs to my parents. In comparison the 8600 is impressive.
The CM750A version of the 8600 Plus allows me to do things that 7310 couldnt, or was limited in terms of capability. In comparison to the 7310, I have noticed:
- Update printer software wirelessly, rather than through Windows on 7310.
- Print wirelessly without the addition of a Solwise Homeplug wireless socket combo.
- Double sided printing & scanning from the top feeder rather than constantly opening the top to reveal the scanner bed.
- Feeder is extremely solid verses the crappy print/scan feeder tray on 7310 that can easily snap off.
- Much faster printing
- The HP software for 8600 is far more stable compared to 7310's software which relies on updates to be reflected for printer to function.
- USB & memory slots.
Touch wood I have owned this for a few months and I am very happy with this.
For those who complain about Printer Cartridge consumption should really take a step back and think exactly what you are likely to be printing rather than printing everything for the sake of it?! I use my printer with respect and occassionaly for general tasks (e.g printing e-tickets, flight tickets, CV's job descriptions, 1 page spreadsheets). My personal expectation of this Printer has been fantastic so far and its 5 stars for me.