Colour Name: Versailles|Change

on 5 April 2012
I was in two minds what to expect with this product, but it is a simply stunning piece of work. The italian fabric covering is sturdy and offers a good grip so you are unlikely to drop it, the microsuede lining is soft and durable and the elastic is so strong it is a bit of a strain to get the kindle in, it's not going to fall out! A beautiful cover that lets you sit your kindle amongst the rest of your book collection.
on 3 December 2012
If you own a Kindle or Kindle Fire e-reader or most any other brand 7" tablet you will be thrilled to be the proud owner of this VERSO PROLOGUE cover. It is lightweight, easy to hold and best of all it is very attractive. This particular cover design has the feel of embossed and gilded leather and your high tech reader could easily be taken for a vintage volume when sitting on your bookshelf. In addition, the soft interior is kinder to the "face" of my kindle preventing the possibility of scratches to the glass. As far as the portability factor, I do wish that this cover featured some sort of closure....perhaps a small strap that would make it look like a vintage diary and assure the safety of your Kindle since I am concerned that over time the four small elastic corner straps may lose their elasticity. Those are two concerns but the asthetic beauty of the cover is such that I'm willing to take a chance.

This cover is much nicer than my original blah black Kindle cover which I got last year. I was so impressed with the quality and appearance of this particular product that I ordered a couple more as gifts....one for a girlfriend and a second for my teen-aged grand-daughter (I selected another, more youthful design for her). If you have a "difficult to buy for" someone on your holiday gift list who owns a tablet or e-reader or if your just looking for something a little different to give to brighten their day, this could very well be the solution to your gift giving problem. 3 1/2 stars ----just because of the two concerns indicated in the last paragraph.
on 24 May 2012
This is a beautiful looking product BUT within 3 weeks of using it, four black stains have appeared in each corner on the rear of my Kindle Touch. These have clearly been caused by the device being held in tightly by the four strips of elastic at each of the corners of the cover. The dye has come out of the case onto the corners of the device.

I have tried absolutely everything to clean it off without success and the Kindle is now marked for life I fear.

As one who likes to keep gadgets in good condition to resell and update, I am really quite disappointed that this accessory has damaged my device.
55 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 July 2012
This cover holds my Kindle firmly, and looks lovely. I've had a lot of positive comments about it - people often ask me what I am reading as it looks like a lovely old book. Its also pretty lightweight which is important for me as I read in bed. I've dropped my Kindle a couple of times since I've had it, but this cover seems to have protected it fine as there is no damage to either the Kindle or the cover. Equally I've been caught out in the rain with it and the cover has protected the Kindle well.

Addressing negative comments about this cover:
There have been a few comments on this cover that say it looks like plastic leather - I don't agree that this is the case, it's colour is exactly as it looks in the picture and the feel of the material is far from plastic. Another poster also commented that it has stained their Kindle - I've just checked mine after a couple of months use and it has left some feint black marks, but then this is the first time I've removed the cover and I don't expect I'll remove it again... so not sure why a few stains will ever be a problem! If you remove the cover of your Kindle often then maybe this isn't the cover for you.

All in all, exactly what I had hoped for. I'd love a dark brown version too if Verso were to make one, but essentially this is pretty perfect.
on 12 May 2012
I really like this cover, it looks great, folds flat in use and has a band to hold it closed. Everything I wanted from a cover.
on 1 July 2012
I'm very pleased with this cover, the design is attractive and it is well made. I was concerned about the colour, having seen another reviewer describe it as dirty looking. The cover sent isn't the brilliant white of the photo, it is 'off white', but it is still looks great on my Kindle.
As it is a canvas type cover it may mark and over time will probably become grubbier than a leather cover would. Like most Kindle covers it is over priced.
on 20 September 2012
I bought this as a gitft, and they love the design on the cover.
The case is hard and offers good protection to the kindle, and is also very durable.
I have had it months and no damage to the case
on 30 April 2012
Looks beautiful and does its job in keeping my Kindle in good condition. I would recommend this product to anyone who owns a Kindle.
on 21 June 2012
Arrive well packed and promptly a few days after delivery. My kindle fitted in just fine. Smooth leather bound bind cover, with a soft material texture for the black and white pattern. Wonderful little item, and very pretty. Protects kindle well, well worth purchasing if your planning on using your kindle a lot.
on 26 October 2012
Love my Verso Kindle Cover. Robust, snug fit & has expensive look about it. Fully protects my Kindle from the bumping around in my bag. The cover has been well commented on by friends who all love it too.