Colour: Ice White|Edition: Standard Edition|Change

on 5 November 2014
If screen size isn't a problem then it's perfect. It's not too small, but some people much prefer the XL with the bigger screen. Moving to this from an XL though, I personally didn't have a problem. I pretty much purchase this because of the extremely good price (£99 when I bought it) and I prefer this over a 2DS so I thought why not.

Some points I would like to mention

1. This product might be limited stock and could stock up more because Nintendo are bringing out the New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL next year and they are showing signs of discontinuing the original model (This product). Might explain why the price is so good as well.

2. Obviously as I just mentioned are new models coming out next year with more power, improved 3D and many other fantastic features. Also has a 0.5 inch bigger screen so if a 3DS is a bit small, but XL is too bit then the New 3DS might be just right, but the problem being is that it won't be available until early next year so if you can wait then maybe you might prefer to wait and go for the newer product.

I wanted to get an original anyway because I like collecting and this is still a fantastic product and I intend on getting their new models next year, but felt I should point that out should somebody buy this and then want their next best thing. Can't really say much about their new products because Nintendo hasn't said much either, but I'm sure if you have kids then it doesn't matter whether it is this product or their latest because they will still carry on supporting this model until the next-generation which is years away.
on 29 May 2015
Bought this for my 14 year old brother over a year ago, he loves it and still frequently plays.
He hasn't said much about it as he's a quiet soul but I can tell he really enjoys it. He's a passionate gamer who knows his stuff, so I'm going to throw it out there that this is a great product.
on 2 January 2014
Bought as a Christmas gift for my daughter. Hadn't realised the screen wasn't vastly different in size to the Normal DS that she already had, but got a good deal for it on Black Friday and she is really happy with it.
on 13 January 2016
It's a 3DS and it's a gorgeous colour, couldn't want any more. The battery from a full night's charge will last me all day so I'm happy about that. I don't really use the 3D function too much because it can hurt my eyes but it is pretty cool. The size is great and I love the new themes for the home screen. It is backwards compatible so you can play games from previous DS's.
on 27 August 2012
I would highly reccommend this, the 3d is really good and picture quality is a big step up from the previous model.
on 29 December 2015
I have been playing the Nintendo DS Lite for almost 9 years. And I have collected lots of games..... So I bought the 3DS because I've heard it's much better and the games are better too.

This is the best handheld console ever. You won't regret having a 3DS. It takes time to get used to the 3D and it takes time to get used to all the new stuff that's added to it. But once you get used to it, The 3DS is so much fun! It's not just 3D but you can also create your own Mii character in it just like the Nintendo Wii. And just like the DSi you can take photos. In fact, There are lots of fun things added! Even the 3DS games are more fun and exciting!

The 3DS is amazing and I've never seen any other game console like it. It's worth getting it. :)
on 4 December 2013
Arrived quickly. Great service. Great product. My son has a 3DS too and it's great they can connect and play the same game effectively sharing the one game. Need to set up with proper parental controls as this device can 'connect' with other 3DS strangers even as you walk down the street without you knowing if you don't. Also have monitored (and often turned down) the 3DS screen as not recommended too much for very young children. If i was buying again would maybe consider the XL for the bigger screen as i do find the screen quite small if i am using. Having said that the kids don't seem to mind so maybe thats just my age! Overall popular product and well deserved as long as well regulated and managed.
on 15 March 2014
To be honest I think most will not bother with the 3d function but will buy this simply to play games that are exlcusive to it (pokemon x&y for example)
There's a camera and you can create your own little guy to use in games like pilotwings. There's also mini games that are quite fun too. The unit isn't the most comfy to hold and the shiny plastic rather than the rougher type you get on xbox or ps controllers means your hands will get sweaty pretty quick.
Bit of an annoying novelty, it's a shame they didn't make a version of the 2ds that looks like this. Still, it works well enough although the battery life isn't exactly inspiring.
on 13 August 2016
One very happy 7 year old. She particularly loves the pink colour. Very easy to use, bought 3 cheap games on line and she's had a great time with it taking photo's etc.
Delivery quicker than estimated and reasonably priced.
on 18 April 2015
Got this for my husband for his birthday, and it must be good as he jumped for joy and refuses to get off it ;P The white is lovely and looks slick. Very good quality for the money, and the screen size is just fine. The charger stand is a nice addition and keeps it looking tidy when on charge. Screen colour is excellent. Very, very happy! Arrived quickly.