Format: DVD|Change

on 18 August 2013
Have seen Tom a few times and this latest offering is a ball achingly funny set! Had the pleasure of front row seats in Sheffield for this tour, did I laugh? I didn't stop laughing from start to finish :-)

All new material from Tom and he's taken a "different", "dark" direction from his usual stuff. If you're easily offended go and buy Michael McIntyre's DVD or still buy this and BE offended, after all being offended is only a feeling, it won't harm you, you won't end up in A and E and you won't need counselling (well, you might but you only live once).

Tom is one of the finest comedians I've ever seen (and I've seen loads), he's learnt his craft the hard way and stuck to his roots. I'm so glad he's settled in the UK as it's made it much easier to see him (I wish Mike Wilmot would do the same but I suppose we can't have all the best Canadian comics).

This DVD deserves to hit the top of the stand up charts, waging war on mainstream "sell out" comedy. Tom, you are a comedic soldier, a leader in your field and deserving of a heroes medal.
on 20 November 2013
Like many people I became aware of Tom Stade when he slayed the audience (and me) with his meat van routine on Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow. I went to see him on his recent "...Totally Rocks" tour and was very impressed so was waiting with baited breath for this DVD release. The agony was only prolonged by the release date being pushed back about a month but it's here now, just in time for Xmas !

IMO Stade is at his best when on the subject of relationships and modern life. There is a fair helping of the former, a little bit of the latter in the form of his Argos routine, but I was disappointed that his Groupon routine was not on this DVD.

In many ways my ideal Tom Stade DVD would just be a recording of the night I saw him live as I feel that routine was stronger than this DVD - he should do that, like bands, where they record the gig then sell it to the crowd at the end. However, he should be applauded for not over-using material as there was material on the DVD not performed on the night I saw him live so that was fresh to me.

The set was filmed at the Bloomsbury Theatre, meat van is on this DVD and there is one extra called "Messing Around" which, IMO, really should have been omitted.

If you like Stade I'd say it's worth buying.

Kudos to Andrew and Margarite as well 
on 8 July 2016
Buy this dvd!!! Tom Stade is awesome and hilarious! You will not be disappointed with this great value dvd! Tom's interaction with his audience is terrific and his delivery and content are so funny. My husband and I laughed the whole way through! Just hope Tom Stade continues to produce more dvds - I will buy them too!
on 4 December 2013
I watched Sarah Millican after watching it and even the Crowd was laughing more to Tom Stade. I love how he pretends that he knows certain people in the audience and then makes this story. Making up stories sounds a bit dull, but have a comedian and it is just funny as!

I highly recommend this. I think I have watched it more than twice to be honest. Not shown my friends yet!
on 26 December 2015
I rented this after hearing him on the BBC Live At The Apollo Series. I wasn't disappointed, and have now bought it as well. There's a lot of jokes taking the Michael out of the British. But there are many "laugh out loud" moments too.
on 10 December 2013
I've seen Tom live a few times and he gets funnier and funnier each show.
His way of interacting with the audience and turning normal thoughts and observations into something so hilarious is priceless! You will not regret buying his DVD and i hope there is another one in the future.
A naturally very funny guy ツ
on 24 April 2015
Funny as hell, no matter how many times you watch and know the routines. Tom has his audience literally eating out of his hand, and involves the front row throughout during his hilarious act. Such a raconteur.
on 16 January 2014
Tom is a talented comedian who is soon going to be one of the uk's greatest comedian. The style of his comedy in which he relates to the audience is excellent, loved this DVD. Beware, this is not for the faint hearted! Recommend though
on 18 March 2014
Bought for my husband as a gift. We both love Tom Stade and have seen him live - great show and very funny man! This DVD is brilliant - some material we'd heard before but lots of new too - properly funny!
on 26 December 2013
I have just had a mortifying Christmas evening watching this DVD with my parents and 14 year old brother!

We've watched Tom Stade's short sets on Live at the Apollo etc, and have all found him absolutely hilarious and on that basis bought this for my little bro who loves comedy - we're a really open minded family and are happy to watch more or less anything together as I think we all understand that our sense of humour is a little on the base side, HOWEVER when you're rolling on the floor with the sheer level of cringe that this guy puts out between semi decent jokes (that we have heard before!) I thought I better say something!

If you buy this DVD you will hear a lot of his recycled material as used on TV, however the parts in between just aren't funny and he comes across as a sad old dinosaur. We had to turn it off after hearing for about the fiftieth time how long his (poor) wife had been servicing his junk for (seventeen years if you must know).

Afterwards I said to my mum: "I feel like I've bought him a Bernard Manning video!", her reply: "well, you have."

Overall this was disappointing and uncomfortable viewing and I totally would not recommend it!