Customer reviews

Tom Stade - Live [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 21 July 2017
This man is hilarious. He does repeat some of his material, but he does a much better uncensored version. Nice to have it all on one collection too
on 13 June 2017
Superb...the essence of original stand-up
on 28 March 2017
GREAT NO PROBLEM
on 21 April 2017
He's so funny 😂
on 28 June 2017
Very funny but a lot of swearing.
on 8 June 2017
VERY DISAPPOINTED THE LANGUAGE WAS AWFUL AND RUDE CONTENT
on 10 April 2017
Original comedian, wish he'd release more material!
on 20 November 2013
Like many people I became aware of Tom Stade when he slayed the audience (and me) with his meat van routine on Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow. I went to see him on his recent "...Totally Rocks" tour and was very impressed so was waiting with baited breath for this DVD release. The agony was only prolonged by the release date being pushed back about a month but it's here now, just in time for Xmas !

IMO Stade is at his best when on the subject of relationships and modern life. There is a fair helping of the former, a little bit of the latter in the form of his Argos routine, but I was disappointed that his Groupon routine was not on this DVD.

In many ways my ideal Tom Stade DVD would just be a recording of the night I saw him live as I feel that routine was stronger than this DVD - he should do that, like bands, where they record the gig then sell it to the crowd at the end. However, he should be applauded for not over-using material as there was material on the DVD not performed on the night I saw him live so that was fresh to me.

The set was filmed at the Bloomsbury Theatre, meat van is on this DVD and there is one extra called "Messing Around" which, IMO, really should have been omitted.

If you like Stade I'd say it's worth buying.

Kudos to Andrew and Margarite as well 
on 13 January 2014
I've been a big fan of Tom for a few years now and I'm so glad to see him finally release a dvd. Having been a fan, I did recognise some of the material although it was good that he freshened up and added parts to the jokes, but as I'm 1 of those who'll take this dvd round to my mates, I'm glad some of his older material is still on there as it's pure comedy gold.

Definitely one for adults, it's borderline 18 rating as Tom does swear a lot and a few jokes are close to the edge with topics such as drugs, so if you're easily offended you may struggle (although he's nowhere near Frankie Boyle cringe factor).

Tom does certain things really well. He interacts with the audience in a brilliant way, picking on certain people and making out they're friends of his and including them in the stories as well as having this way of talking and shouting that is just purely funny. He can get laughs where other comedians wouldn't. To top it off, his jokes are brilliant and so well crafted. The fact he's a canadian living in the UK also gives him an outsiders perspective on Britain, which leads to some absolute classic jokes. I had this dvd bought for me along with Mickey Flannagans new one and Tom had me in tears whereas Mickey didn't (Mickeys is still good, just nowhere near Tom's level).

If you've never seen Tom before you're in for a treat. He's up there with the best I've seen and I'm a huge standup fan and know my comedians. I just hope this dvd does well and gives Tom the motivation to work on new material and launch his career. I hope he brings his guitar back in the future aswell, I was hoping for at least 1 song. Buy this, the best standup comedy dvd this year by a long way
on 18 August 2013
Have seen Tom a few times and this latest offering is a ball achingly funny set! Had the pleasure of front row seats in Sheffield for this tour, did I laugh? I didn't stop laughing from start to finish :-)

All new material from Tom and he's taken a "different", "dark" direction from his usual stuff. If you're easily offended go and buy Michael McIntyre's DVD or still buy this and BE offended, after all being offended is only a feeling, it won't harm you, you won't end up in A and E and you won't need counselling (well, you might but you only live once).

Tom is one of the finest comedians I've ever seen (and I've seen loads), he's learnt his craft the hard way and stuck to his roots. I'm so glad he's settled in the UK as it's made it much easier to see him (I wish Mike Wilmot would do the same but I suppose we can't have all the best Canadian comics).

This DVD deserves to hit the top of the stand up charts, waging war on mainstream "sell out" comedy. Tom, you are a comedic soldier, a leader in your field and deserving of a heroes medal.