on 8 April 2012
There are four 500 piece jigsaws in this box so they are very good value for money. The pieces are all sturdy and of good quality.

The colours on the pictures on the Gibson box matched the jigsaw pieces inside which is a bonus as in the past I have had experience of other makes of jigsaws where the colours didnt match and this is very off putting. I have always found Gibson Jigsaws to be of a consistent good quality over the years and would recommend them.

As a hobby I complete many jigsaws and find it useful to scan or photocopy the pictures on the box to help me when completing the different jigsaws.

All four Gibson Time of our Lives jigsaws were well packaged and had a little slip inside to use to send back to them in the unlikely event that a jigsaw piece was missing, which I have never had to use in all the many years I have been completing Gibson jigsaws.

Also included was a useful catologue of their other jigsaws of various sizes which I found useful to look through and find out which other jigsaws they had in the 500 piece range.

I would recommend any Gibson Jigsaws and in particular these four as they are of historical and educational value and give a nastalgic glimpse of childhood games and family life in the not so distant past.

This set of jigsaws have bought back many childhood memories for me and I shall enjoy completing all four jigsaws many times over in the future.

Gibsons Time of our Lives 4 x 500 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle
on 25 June 2012
I am an avid Jigsaw-maker and I always buy the annual 4-in-a-box Gibsons set. The Trevor Mitchell scenes are always a joy, bringing back memories of a much gentler age.

Overall the pictures are relatively simple and for a novice (or child moving to larger piece counts for the first time) there are plenty of starting points, so you don't lose interest because you don't seem to be making any progress.

You would normally pay anything from £5-£7 for a single 500-piece jigsaw so the price for a box of 4 is also reasonable.

I have occasionally had pieces missing, but there are instructions who to contact and what to do in this case and I have never experienced any difficulty in obtaining replacements where necessary. Gibsons customer service is always excellent.

All in all, if you like jigsaws, then these would be a good choice for you.
on 7 March 2012
A great jigsaw because it has detail and lots of individual colour. Plus the enjoyment of seeing past memories. Whenever I see Artist Trevor Mitchell named, I know it is going to be an excellent picture. I buy each one as it comes out.
on 19 May 2012
These 4 great 500 piece puzzles are of the best quality allowing you to store and complete these over and over again knowing the condition will always be constantly good.
on 12 March 2013
Quite good quality, not as thick as Ravensburger ones, however, I do like Gibsons Puzzles too. As long as the quality and colours are good and a nice picture I just can loose myself in Jigsaws, My collection is growing nicely up the bedroom wall, I so enjoy my Jigsaws, its so relaxing and easy to pick up and drop if your busy and go back to. I did literally have hundreds of Jigsaws however, over the years moving house, kids etc; they have been borrowed out and not returned, so now trying to build up again. Would definately reccommend.
on 30 January 2015
I have lots of Gibsons jigsaw puzzles and ordered this set simply as a fun one, not as a challenge, hence the four stars instead of five. The quality was excellent as always. These puzzles don't take long to complete, upside of that is you don't have them lying around for several days on end while you struggle with them! However, one puzzle had a piece missing. I wrote to Gibsons (as per the instructions inside the box), had a very nice letter back from them explaining what could happen in the process and saying they would send out a replacement of that puzzle. The replacement came a few days later, very well packaged. These things do happen from time to time and I certainly can't fault Gibsons for the way they dealt with the matter. So Gibsons get five stars from me!
on 26 April 2014
We've bought a number of Gibson themed puzzles over the years and found them to be nicely made with pleasing pictures. This set gives you a four manageable puzzles on the theme of days-gone-by but is nowhere near the cost of buying four separate puzzles so represents good value for money.
Hours of frustrating fun!
on 4 June 2013
THIS IS ONE FOR THE OLDIES AMONGST, WELL NOT TO OLD. BUT IT'S A CHARMING LOVELY PUZZLE, GOPING BACK TO THE DAYS WHEN YOU COULD LET YOUR CHILD PLAY OUT TILL LATE AND NOT WORRY AND PLAY BY THE RIVER AND HAVE PICNICS WITHOUT GETTING INTO TROUBLE. FUN THINGS FOR ALL THE FAMILY CAR OUTINGS.
Well, THIS PUZZLE HAS IT ALL, IT'S JUST AS HARD AS THE OTHERS AND I WISH YOU LUCK BUT IT BUILDS INTO A LOVELY ATMOSTSPHERE TO LOOK BACK ON. FUN
on 24 November 2013
First you get four jigsaws for the price of less than two. Second if you grew up before all the stupid stuff then these pictures will bring back loads of good memories. You get as much pleasure from looking at the pictures as from doing the puzzles.
on 19 June 2014
My 90 year old mother loves her puzzles, but was disappointed this time. 1 piece was missing from first one she did, and she thought she'd dropped it. The next one had 2 pieces the same, so someone else must be missing one!!!