Style Name: Shredder Sheets|Change

on 7 July 2013
These sheets worked really well for my shredder.

It had almost stopped working - paper was jamming, and it would barely shred a single sheet. I was about to throw it out, and chanced on this product when I looked up prices for a new one - the reviews are generally good so I decided to give it a go.

After putting a couple of the sheets through it, the shredder is much better than it ever has been since it was passed on to me second-hand. It cuts better, and no problem with jamming.

I'm very pleased - and have 8 sheets left to pop through occasionally and keep it going!
on 21 January 2012
Used on my shredder I've had for a couple of years now. Initially used two pouches as not serviced before in any way! Selected this item as it stated it was easy to use and also sharpens the blades prolonging the life of the shredder. Anyway I can confirm that they are very easy to use and that my shredder sounded a lot better afterwards.
on 31 October 2012
For 4 years I have been using a Draper shredder,It took just one sheet to clean up the mechanism..Just a reminder,Dont forget to reverse your shredder for a second or two after the sheet has gone through.The speed increase is noticable afterwards.
on 10 January 2012
I was referring to my shredder manual and noticed it recommended using these to keep the shredder in good working order.

I had been using some shredder oil but found this to be a pretty messy experience, these pouches contain both lubricant and a `grinding powder' which also helps to clean and sharpen the blades.

You get a pack of twelve pouches which depending on how much you shred should last a year, I have started sticking one through a month. They are very easy to use as you just run the whole pouch through the shredder.

After use the shredder does seem happier... the noise from shredding did seem slightly less.

I recommend them and they appear to be good value for money on Amazon.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 28 November 2012
I reckon these lube and sharp sheets are like a visit to the dental hygienist for a scale and a polish.

My hardworking new Aurora bought last month has been performing beautifully and intensely as I work my way through years of sensitive paperwork and do some much needed space clearing of old paper records of various sorts, tax returns past their 'you need to keep these for 7 years' and the like. New shredder (following years of a smaller, sulkier shredder which jammed repeatedly) has clearly had its work cut out.

There was an almost imperceptible hard-done-by whine developing so the recommended once a month lube and sharp had clearly been earned.

These are easy little sheets, which just need feeding into an emptied basket (clearly to make sure there is room for the debris to fall) and then a quick burst of reverse like the final polish, and the teeth of your little shredder will sparkle prettily for another month, and the dear little creature purr softly on usage once more

Edit 31.5.16 Having just done a huge amount of shredding with the Aurora I bought nearly 4 years ago, I'm delighted to report that the original shredder and these lube and shred sheets are together doing just fine and dandy. In fact their dandiness is no doubt down to the Aurora sheets anyway
on 11 April 2014
My old V55 shredder which is at least 10yrs old kept jamming and even on the reverse action it wouldn't clear so I thought it was past it and started to look for a new shredder this is when I came across these sharping sheets at a fraction of the price of a new shredder after reading the reviews I decided to give them a go and I am so glad I did, the item arrived (very quickly) and I followed the advice on the other reviews IE run one sheet through and then reverse the shredder then run a second sheet through and reverse the shredder again. I then tried to shred a sheet of A4 paper and the old shredder bust into life and zapped the sheet in seconds so I then tried 3 sheets at once and then 5 sheets at once (max for my shredder) and the shredder just got on with the job without a single hiccup and is now performing like new again, I am very impressed with this product and will recommend it to all
on 24 July 2012
Having owned my shredder for some years and not having ever oiled it - ahem, no wonder it suddenly completely froze, all blocked up, almost dead ! - I purchased the AURORA SP 1000 SHREDDER LUBRICATION AND SHARPENING SHEETS.
Which turned out well, though on examining the shreds of the first AURORA sheet I fed through, it didn't feel too oily at all and I wondered if it had been effective. As my poor shredder had been uncared for for so long, I fed a second sheet through (sprinkled liberally with Fellowes Shredder Oil that I'd purchased at the same time) Fellowes Shredder Oil 355ml after which my dear shredder sounds really healthy and the blades are running smoothly. Because the Aurora sheets profess to sharpen the blades as well as lubricate them, I consider them a good and effective buy, though I am glad that I'd thought to purchase the oil as well for aforementioned reason. I have no idea how oily the sheets should be as one is advised NOT to open the individual thin enveloped sheets, which I DIDN'T, only feeling the shreds afterwards, which felt rather dry - - tho' this could have been because my shredder was initially so parched and choked with paper dust. All is well now and my shredder is youthful and full of life again, no longer labouring and crying out for help. From now on I will use the sheets c.once a month as advised. But with a bit of oil too as an extra treat ! So this is really a review for two items used in tandem, sorry, but things were desperate !
on 27 August 2012
Revived a shredder that I thought was on its way out and would need to throw. Now, having used two (2) sheets in the shredder its working just fine! A bargain price too, as there 12 sheets in all. Recommended - it worked for me!
on 28 May 2013
I have a cheap and basic shredder for now. It was not working well until I used these sheets. They really did seem to lubricate the cutters and improve the job of shredding. Definitely recommend them to keep shredders working more efficiently.
on 9 December 2013
I found these by accident when looking for a new shredder on Amazon. I had never heard of these before, so I thought I will give them a go as they are far cheaper than buying a new shredder.
My shredder was sounding tired, and had really slowed down even when just shredding 1 sheet of A4.
As I hadn't used anything like this before I ran 2 sheets through, and now my shredder is back working again in tip top condition.

A great find and a great product, definitely recommend these to anyone with a paper shredder.