Colour Name: White|Change

on 29 July 2014
After owning this microphone for a while, i thought it would be worth a review.

Pros:

- Compact form factor. They've managed to fit an incredibly good condenser microphone and stand in a small box for a great price here. It fits excellently on my desk.

- Sound quality. After using both IM applications and also music production software, i've found the microphone can deal with both voice instruments very effectivley. Very good for acoustic instruments.

- Price. It may seem a bit expensive, but for the quality of the product it is worth it. Stellar build quality, great sound and a great size. All of these make it worth the full price.

Cons:

- The red light always being on is somewhat irritating, but thats how picky im having to be about con's for this microphone.
33 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 April 2012
Just got my Snowball ice today, The only diffrence between this and the normal snowball is the no option for the omni-direction, But as i'll be recording solo which is Cardiod i wont need the other feature also good for voice overs ext, Also very good for recording instruments. Really easy to set up and use. The Sound is incredible it's HD and just supperb has a nice rich tone also note it's a condensor mic too if your not bothered about the other features which a Snowball has and your going to be recording only ever one person this is a great purchase and your saving your self $50 :)

I'd recommed buying a pop filter which are really cheap and help enhance your recording by removing Popping and harsh sounds. Also to keep your Mic's Diaphragm clean from plosives
11 comment| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 March 2013
Brilliant mic, all I wanted was a high quality mic that would allow me to record good qaulity audio for my youtube videos and live streams and this does the job brilliantly
55 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 February 2016
Quality is crystal clear and arouses a strange narcissism in me. Pretty much the same quality as even the best out there (probably including the Yeti) in that quite a lot of focus is required to pick up on the almost nonexistent differences
review image
on 22 March 2012
This microphone is easy to unbox, and the minute I plugged it in, it was working. My friend noticed the sound difference immediately, saying how good it was.
I recorded a few seconds to hear it for myself, and I must say, it's great.
I'm giving this a 5 Star review. It's worth the money, and i'd say it could be better than some of the other HD microphones which are worth much more. If you're looking for a microphone under £100, this is a great one to consider.
on 15 January 2014
This is an absolutely easy microphone to set up, no trouble! It works with windows 8, just plug it in and it will detect it. The hand books are very helpful and easy to understand. You can adjust it up and down not side to side. If you're looking for a slightly better model that will last you longer than go for the normal Blue Snowball. The ice is made of plastic(The stand)but the normal one has a metal stand. It has a USB plug - in and will work with any computer and even for iPad! ***** quality
on 5 April 2016
Hello . I bought this mic to chat in game and use discord and teamspeak.
I'm no professional at audio . I'm a normal human with standard ears and so is everyone else I know what's using seperate mics had enough of headphone audio get picked up through the built in mic .
A fair few of us have blue mics snowballs/ yeties / snowflakes / samson go mics and meteors and even one with a razer mic costing 150 and to be honest we all sound around the same ish quality.
Given the difference in setup and placement as that counts just as much I have a mic boom and pop filter In a heavily wallpapered room 16x14 foot in size
this mic is all I could get in black at the time and is the only reason for buying it.
I get excellent audio clarity talking to my buddies it picks up my voice and projects it out there rather well
If I wanted better quality than this only an £80 AT2020 and a beringer usb mixer costing £40 and a £20 beringer phantom psu is the way to go . Not a yeti or a razer . My sources are common sense and youtube I would like to recommend all mics mentioned as good mics.
the blue snowball the samson go and meteor mics as I listen to them daily and the price is right for any of the 3 . The yeti and razer is hard to recommend when better can be had for the same price
on 8 September 2013
Step 1: Plug it into yo computer.
Step 2: Record an intellectual, family-friendly podcast.
Step 3: Enjoy lovely jubbly quality from this awesome product.
Step 4: Go to a restaurant for your birthday treat. It'll be great. (optional)
on 9 May 2016
Oh my new pride and joy that is the Snowball Ice. I've recently started getting into voice acting and needed a cheap alternative so that I could begin my reign to fame and fortune. The sound quality is pretty good, although it could be better. Takes alot of self preperation to determine the best quality. In future will be buying a higher quality studio microphone but still this has worked very well for me!
My main gripe with the microphone is that it's bulky, granted I have a small workspace though so I can't really complain. Would recommend.
on 25 December 2015
Absolutely perfect, it is as simple as taking out the box and plugging it in, no software required meaning there is no hassle. The sound quality on this microphone is crisp perfect i have even been asked what microphone i am using. The build quality of this product is really solid and durable, once its placed its not moving anywhere making it perfect for studios ect as it will not fall and no damage will be dealt.

Definitely recommend this product, worth every penny