on 14 January 2016
For the money it is a really good microphone but it lacks control over the direction of the capruting arc. It is meant to be cardioid but in reallity it captures A LOT if backround noise You can use the noise gate in programs like OBS or edit on Audacity... But you can also do that on cheaper microphones.

However if you have thick walls and a good Window (or a studio set up) the sound capture is actually excellent.
on 6 October 2016
This mic quality is surprisingly good for the price. I watched a few reviews and this was the recommended mic for under £50. i haven't personally tested other mic's but this seems to the best one the market for price.It's very easy to use too just plug and play for me on windows 10. The quality is very impressive and it seems to block out background noise very well. I would highly recommend this product if you are looking for a high quality mic but not looking to spend too much money. One slight problem i have had is the tripod legs struggle to stay in a fixed position on a glass table.
on 5 January 2017
I was looking for a microphone to use with my Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 15 Professional dictation software. I'd tried the headset that came with the software and another, very expensive one I already had that I'd used with X Box.

The one that came with the software was incredibly uncomfortable, and you're limited to movement as it's a wired headset. The more expensive one felt more comfortable on my ears, but pressed on the arms of my glasses. Again, my movement was limited as it was wired.

I read a book about Dragon software and it recommended the Blue Snowball Ice.

It was expensive at £50 but I felt it was worth the layout as I use the software daily.

I wasn't disappointed. It works perfectly.
on 9 May 2016
Oh my new pride and joy that is the Snowball Ice. I've recently started getting into voice acting and needed a cheap alternative so that I could begin my reign to fame and fortune. The sound quality is pretty good, although it could be better. Takes alot of self preperation to determine the best quality. In future will be buying a higher quality studio microphone but still this has worked very well for me!
My main gripe with the microphone is that it's bulky, granted I have a small workspace though so I can't really complain. Would recommend.
on 5 November 2015
It is definatly an improvement to using a headset mic. It picks up ranges nicely is is exactly what I was looking for.

The tripod stand is a bit of a pain, and isn't so adjustable, but the mic is the most important thing, and so I just put up with it. After all, I would rather have a great mic with a crap stand than a crap mic with a great stand.

I have used its older brother, the Blue Yeti, which is twice the price, but a noticabllly better quality. If your budget can stretch to £80, then I would consider that one, if not though, this does a great job.

It is perfect for starting out with auido recording for game commentaries or similar.

Important note for some: this is a cardoid mic, so is only good at comentaries. It focuses its recording one one spot, so doesn't record bands or interviews well. For this, you probably will need the Yeti.
on 2 June 2017
This little mic punches well above its weight, people might be inclined to go with a cheaper mic with the hopes it would perform roughly the same, however I have purchased several cheaper mics from other stores and this mic beats them all including some mics which actually cost more.

If you're looking for a nice sized mic that is affordable and looks great and has amazing quality (both build and audio) I would recommend this over any other.
on 3 January 2016
Yes, it's pretty good, though my daughter tends to find the volume a little low when doing voice-overs, despite setting the "levels" slider to maximum. There is some fiddling about I've done that improves matters to a usable state, but the whole process was a bit less than ideal.

It's worth noting - as I discovered hunting around on Google for ways to fix the low volume - that the "iCE" version is a slightly cheaper version of the standard Blue Snowball, without the 3-way switch on the back. That said, the "iCE" is supposedly equivalent to the standard microphone on setting 1, which is its most sensitive, so I can't really blame my difficulties on that.

I don't know if there are any other microphones out there that would have been easier to configure satisfactorily, of course.
on 17 July 2016
I have been wanting to upgrade the quality of my audio for my work and hobbies and I had been eyeballing this little number for a good while. Receiving it today I can say it was worth the wait, whilst before I used to have to rigorously run my audio through audacity, now my audio comes up clear as crystal with non-existent​ background noise.
It was easy to set up and ran perfectly on my windows 10 despite what I initially read in the manual. I suggest plugging this in via the back ports of your PC or laptop, this seems to help a fair few people and its what I did when I first connected it.
I highly recommend this mic as a high quality entry level microphone for professionals and hobbyists.
on 11 March 2016
Very happy with this. I got it to improve the audio quality of the youtube video tutorials I was making for my software products. Previously I was using some dreadful old headset to record them. The difference is quite simple astonishing. The audio it records has vastly better definition and quality and puts it firmly into the "best mic I've owned" category. Very simple to setup on a Windows PC. It comes with a USB cable long enough to run behind a desk and you don't need to install any drivers. The mic is adjustable on the top of the stand. The only slight problem is the red light that never goes out, but this is easy enough to deal with my unplugging the USB cable from the back of the mic.
on 24 July 2017
First impressions of the Snowball are good. The microphone is roughly 10cm in diameter and weighs less than half a kilo. It comes in a shiny box complete with a USB cable, a mic and a tripod. Underneath the mic is a screw-in mount for the tripod stand. The tripod is sturdy but easily manoeuvred so you can rotate and angle the Snowball to suit you.

When I connected the Snowball, an LED light glows red on the front to indicate that it's powered, next you have to select it in System Preferences' Sound Input pane (Though my computer configured it automatically and set it to default).

The audio quality from the Snowball is excellent. Speech is crisp and clear, even playing acoustic guitar the mic reproduced every string pick and fret buzz, and background hum was non-existent. Even with music playing at a reasonable volume in the immediate background, the Snowball minimised it and reproduced recorded speech brilliantly.

The Snowball is perfect for podcasts, streaming, and recording vocals or acoustic instruments. It may be a little larger than other USB mics but its quality. Overall 10/10