Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

11,492
Denomination: 50|Design Name: a for Amazon|Change
Price:£50.00

on 18 February 2013
Just beware, if you buy this for someone who has an Amazon account registered in a different nation, it will be really awkward for them to redeem it... and you might be told by several different customer service reps that the money will be lost... really bad experience with an otherwise generally very good company.

Amazon, please fix this... if you allow me to pay in Euros for GBP items, why not allow gift cards to be redeemed in other currencies... you could even make a few bob in conversion fees...
1717 Comments| 391 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 March 2015
It's okay. Very speedy process once you've ordered it, but it just doesn't look as good as you hope it will. I don't think I'll go for the print your own option again. And now I need to find an envelope for this one :(

It's also a shame that you can't format the text inside. The text format they give you is very bland and not centered.
review image
0Comment| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 November 2011
This was an ideal way to give someone who we didn't know terribly well a present. We were making a collection for someone and we only had a day to decide what to get. We didn't know exactly what they would like and weren't sure if they had an iPhone. I was able to print the certificate off in a matter of minutes and it folds up beautifully, just like a card. It also meant the person concerned was able to choose exactly what they wanted, in their own time. The choice of pictures could be better, although there is a choice, but I selected the one for the time of year (Autumn) which was ideal.
22 Comments| 245 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 February 2014
Brilliant bought this for my nephew for his birthday and he loved it.
It meant he could choose what he wanted when he wanted.
Also there is a long expiry date which is an added bonus no worries of it running out quickly.
The perfect gift
on 28 December 2016
How can you go wrong?
I wanted a last minute little extra for my wife, I had bought a memory card for her to put all her music on to play in the car, she already has a Kindle and she loves to read real books as well. Video, Plants, Compost, you name it and you can probably get it from Amazon and with a Prime account most of it is available next day delivered for free (well as a part of your Prime fees).
It was a great buy and she will be able to enjoy spending it anytime within the next 20 ish years (now that part is really amazing,it lasts almost forever when many others "run out" if not used within a year). Any time, any value and can be spent on anything that Amazon sell, brilliant!
It printed out quite nicely on a standard printer and when carefully folded looked quite presentable and made a nice extra surprise for he on Christmas day.
on 29 December 2016
Being able to print out these gift vouchers is a brilliant idea. Amazon vouchers allow the recipient to get almost anything so far better than getting a Hight Street Store voucher. Also great for the last minute purchase!!!! Highly recommended!
on 8 January 2017
Use these a lot - However - BE WARNED - you cannot use a balance on your account to buy a gift certificate.

My employer has a staff benefit scheme givng 3-5% discount on AMAZON products by buying an E-Voucher. I bought a £200 E-voucher to get the cards for my nieces and nephews at Christmas, went to use it and couldn't. YOu can't use amounts loaded onto your account to buy gift cards!. I had to pay another £200 and am left with £200 on my account which I don't currently need. I have in the past done this but I think what I did last time was to apply the E-Certificate at the check out rather than load it on my account first. Will check (with a small amount) next time I need to buy a gift card.

I have raised the issue with Amazon customer service but they can't refund the balance - you have to buy stuff.

IRRITATING
on 30 January 2012
Easy enough to set up and with printing it yourself you have it instantly.

A good idea, though the printout needs to be folded to make it a presentable item and that could do with a make over.
22 Comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 October 2013
Was pleased with speed of being able to get a voucher to give as a gift, but printing its layout for the crease lines was not so desirable and did look that good but did its job.
on 30 December 2013
I tried to upload 7 photos for 7 personalised gift cards. On the ordering pages it appeared that my photos had uploaded without problems and the proofs shown to me on screen were fine. I then submitted my payment and tried to print the cards to find that 4 out of the 7 had failed to upload correctly and instead only blank gift certificates were printing out. On querying this with Amazon's online help and telephone helpline, I was told they had a fault and would credit me back for the gift cards which didn't print. This was very infuriating and wasted a lot of my time.