on 4 February 2013
I couldn't think of anything to buy for my cousin and her husband so the Gift Certificate suited me well and the receivers were able to choose from a huge range of items.
on 27 January 2013
I thought sending an email voucher to my niece and 2 nephews in America would be a great idea so that's what I did. The email arrived on due date and I was notified it was being sent and that it had arrived. However, what was not made clear was that sending from the UK meant that the voucher was in pounds and the gift needed to be bought from Amazon UK which meant my sister had to incur three lots of postal charges from the UK to the USA. As emails are world wide, it is normal to assume that the necessary adjustments would be made by Amazon to the destination country.
I wont be sending them again for obvious reasons!
33 Comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 January 2014
I ended up very happy with using this as a present for my wife. I found the ordering process a little confusing and initially ordered the wrong value. The system allows for the order to be cancelled during the first hour which is a straightforward process and enabled me to start again. From the recipients point of view there is also a certain nervousness that they may do something wrong and uncertainty about what happens to the balance if you don't spend it all at once and is it OK to use it with the Kindle account. Having registered the gift my wife tested it with a Kindle Book purchase and we found that the system is in fact very easy to use and that the balance is very clearly shown as a credit on her Amazon account and she has dipped into it several times since. We can say that we will use the system again and it is purely our lack of confidence and worrying disposition that was at fault. This is possibly age related.
on 24 February 2013
It's very hard to buy a Christmas present for anyone in Australia, but what you can do is give a young person some credit for their i-phone or i-pad or i-pod. By paying Amazon using Paypal, I was able to fulfill my fatherly duty to a distant son, who appreciated the effort and the credit!
on 22 January 2013
Not a lot to say really - it's a gift voucher you can buy through your Amazon account. The recipient gets an email telling them they have been given a gift and they redeem it. Very convenient way to give a gift.
Would use again.
on 23 February 2013
The accessibility and instantaneous download facility offered with Amazon Gift Certificates enables that "last-minute gift" to be really value-added. The printable designs also cover most situations in the form of a gift card.
on 26 January 2013
As usual, Amazon comes up trumps with their gift card choice. The range is pretty good and being able to either e-mail them directly - and on a date to suit yourself - or being able to print them off as a card I find just great.
on 12 January 2014
What a godsend to have been able to send this to my friend at the last minute at Christmas, you don't have to worry about getting it to them when you are so busy and they get to chose from a wide range of things!
on 20 January 2013
Many thanks for such speedy service. I ordered the certificate for my Grandaughter for Christmas and it was sent promptly to her on 21st December.
She e-mailed back to say thank you soooooo much!
on 19 September 2013
I bought this for somebody going to Argentina for a long while. It is impossible to take enough books for all the time and not possible to buy them there. He loaded up his Kindle and was very happy.