Format: Audio CD|Change

VINE VOICEon 19 February 2012
Ever since the trailers started going online last year I've been majorly excited about the return of the Muppets to cinema screens. I was a massive fan when I was a kid and I'm pleased to say the new film didn't let me down - if anything it was a return to the Muppets' films in their heyday - i.e. 'Muppets Take Manhattan' or 'Great Muppet Caper'. And I'm pleased to say the accompanying soundtrack is an equally brilliant investment.

Interspersed with snatched moments of dialogue from the movie, it mixes, as to be expected from the Muppets' inimitable style, the wild and wacky - you will find it impossible to not laugh at Camilla and the chickens singing Cee-Lo Green's 'Forget You' or the Barbershop Quarter version of 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' - with old classics such as 'The Rainbow Connection' and 'Mah Na Mah Na' and epic numbers such as the new, Oscar nominated song 'Man or Muppet'.

Add into that a pretty cool UK bonus track in the shape of Olly Murs' "Dance With Me Tonight" (it's the studio version of his performance with the Muppets from last year's X Factor and has to be heard not only cos' it's a wicked song but also for the pure brilliance of Miss Piggy and Animal's inclusions in it) and you have, what is by all accounts, a most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational treat of an album!
on 6 February 2012
This is an old school great nostalgic soundtrack with many great tunes.
Apart from the well known theme song and the classic starship hit there are also new great old school songs like "life's happy song" "party me" and the great melodramatic tunes "pictures in my head" and "a man or a muppet".
This is a cd NO TO MISS...
on 1 March 2012
Really enjoyed the music in this film and it's one of these rare musical family films which has instant classics and recognisable tunes. This is well worth a purchase
on 30 October 2012
My 3 year old loves this and his 1 year old brother doesn't mind it either, so believe me that compared to sitting through hours of wheels on the bus on a continuous loop on long car trips, this album is priceless.

Some of the tracks are genuinely great and Flight of the Conchords reminders are everywhere (clearly no bad thing). The fact your 3 year old will learn the air guitar is another bonus, but most importantly, for parents who want a bearable car journey that everyone can enjoy: this is a must have.
on 18 March 2012
I have recently been to see the new Muppets movie and after watching it only once I knew that I had to get my hands on the soundtrack. The music from the film is really feel good stuff. My favourite track is Me Party!

Overall, I think this is a must have for people with good ears!
on 20 March 2013
As a massive fan of The Muppets growing up I had high expectations for this movie and its soundtrack. Let me tell you I was not disappointed. The Muppets is a brilliant, funny, uplifting and all round awesome movie.

The songs in the film such as "Man or Muppet", "Life's A Happy Song" & the melancholic "Pictures In My Head", to name but a few, are sing-a-long gems that help lift the film even higher if that is possible. Add these with a splash of "We Built This City on rock & Roll" & "Me & Julio Down By The School Yard" and you have an album that standing on its own is a near perfect album as you could want.

So, whether you are a Muppet fan or not, do yourself a favour and buy this album. It's pure genius!!
on 30 May 2012
As a big fan of The Muppets movies when I was younger, one of the things I remember to this day is the wonderful songs which they had. This CD certainly doesn't disappoint when compared to those memories, with a mixture of catchy tubes, well recognised songs like 'The Rainbow Connection' and voice clips from the movie.

As a five pound download for 31 tracks, it's certainly worth buying for any fan of The Muppets.
on 7 April 2012
Being a long time fan of The Muppets I was a eager for the film, the songs are infectious. All the key songs from the film are in the album, including my favourite Life's a Happy Song, the signature Muppet Show theme and the old favourite of Mah na Mah na. For Muppet fans young and not so young, old and new this is highly recommended.
on 21 March 2013
I love this film so had to buy the sound track, it's brilliant and there's loads of songs on there with some dialogue too. Most of the songs are written by the guy from Flight of the Concords so the comedy value is there too, love it
on 2 July 2012
This is one for everyone, simply joyous. My 6 and 3 year olds love every song. We have never sang along so enthusiastically as this. So for those motorway way traffic jams accross france- this will keep everyone en forme