TOP 500 REVIEWERon 19 February 2016
These are still played with after perhaps 2 years (bit late with my reviews) good quality and lots of fun.
xmas pres for grandkids - they love their nerf guns
VINE VOICEon 21 February 2013
This gun rocks - yes it is small, yes it fies only 1 dart before reloading but that is where the negatives end.

This gun fires 50% further than my Mavericks, and my Speedload 6, (and the recon 6 but that is battery operated, noisey and rubbish)
This gun is by way the most accurate

This gun is so fast - you will hit your target if it presents itself.

In our house of 2 Mavericks, 2 Speedload 6's and this gun - this gun wins every day.
on 9 November 2012
Was bored on a nightshift, bought a couple of these guns when they were on offer and gotta say they are pretty good guns.

Picked them up from the royal mail depot one morning after a nightshift so instead of going straight to bed, had a shoot off with my fiance for about 20 minutes.

The only downside I can see to these is that the darts get lost easily - we've lost two in our tiny house!

They are great fun - would be excellent Christmas presents.

Oh, I am 29 years old so these are not just for (young) children!
on 25 November 2013
The Nerf Dart Tag Sharp Shot is a great compact weapon to begin your Nerf collection. It is quite compact for easy wielding and it feels very solid with a smooth cocking action and responsive trigger that looses off shots with a satisfying click.

It's actually quite a powerful weapon and you wouldn't want to get hit in the face with a dart, so some sort of eye protection is recommended. The darts produce a whistling sound as they travel over longer distances but I have found that despite the micro-Velcro on their tips, they rarely stick to clothing.

Its plus points are that it is good for a quick skirmish and fun to practice with shooting at targets. On the downside you only get four rounds so would need to buy more. Also the single shot nature means your rare of fire is slowed. The plastic attachment it comes with that allows you to attach it to a belt is a nice feature, but its ball and socket connector clicks together too tightly for you to snap the weapon away from it as you draw.

I like the build quality and surprisingly, this simple weapon is a lot more fun than larger and more expensive Nerf guns.
on 29 May 2015
Okay, so the product has a child pictured on the front. I suppose that children might either buy or - more likely - be given Nerf dart products.

Why, though, is this labelled a child's product? This was purchased for my 30+ year-old brother for Christmas and age does have its advantages. Playing against small children, they don't have the aim or coordination required for effective head shots. Yes, children are smaller, nimble but have not seen Predator or American Sniper.

Also, children can be told by adults to stop playing and shooting each other in the house and in close proximity to Victorian china. Adults, on the other hand, don't have other adults to tell them not to do this.

My conclusion, therefore, is to not allow adults to buy this product for themselves or other adults. It results in too many hours or unsupervised fun and/or irreparable damage to decorative platters.
on 15 June 2013
Having bought the Speedtag 6 on offer at Christmas for fun games of shooting my 8 year old daughter I soon realised that it was WAAY too big for her small childs hands.

She loved shooting it but was very frustrated with it's bulk and awkward loading.

I bought this as an alternative and it is perfect. She can easily operate it and it doesn't seem to get jammed. In fact we all prefer this to the stupidly big tag 6.

Word of warning though - this really does fire the "tags" out at speed. Make sure kids are wearing protective eye wear.

Also you may want to cover your TV up because if these hit it more than likely they could scratch it.

Great fun, easy to load & "prime", very manageable & powerful. Great fun. Got ours for £4 delivered from Amazon. Not worth more than that.
on 8 January 2014
Had to get this for my other half as my daughter got a girlie nerf gun for Christmas-Big Kid! Now they can shoot things together (usually me!)
on 27 February 2013
I bought this for my two children and they absolutely love it. The darts stick perfectly to the costume provided. The only down side is that after some shots the Velcro comes detached from the darts. The darts can be bought separately and are quite cheap!
on 28 January 2013
Son wanted the new Nerf Dart Tag gun. I think this was on special offer when we purchased it, as I know we got two. My son loves it. Perfect addition any Nerf gun collection or for a first Nerf gun.

See one answered question