Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now

on 20 May 2012
Unlike other reviewers I have been really impressed with this little device. So much so that I ordered two more as gifts for family members.

My daughter bought this for me for Christmas so I've been using it most weekends now for five months and I not only have not hard skin any more but it's actually been useful in smoothing around the toenails after cutting (because the rotating head is really fine). You don't need to be afraid using it either because if you press too hard the rotating head stops until you release pressure. It's all about getting used to using it.

I've recently started to use it on hubby's feet. A man who recently retired from 40+ years on his feet working outdoors with nary a pedicure or chiropodist near his tootsies ever... It's taken a couple of weeks, but his feet are looking really good and he feels the difference.

I would say that as long as you can bend to reach your feet (or you have someone to do it for you), this is a great gadget. The only reason I didn't give five stars was because I did have to faff around to get it open and set up originally, but that's probably my own gadget-a-phobia...
0Comment| 140 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 July 2012
Wife reckons she never had such smooth skin results. Various reviews on motor is that its easy to stop but rectified by fitting heavy duty batteries.
on 2 June 2012
does what is says takes the hard skin away but be careful the blades are sharp just need a little pressure and then it does well
on 6 January 2014
Turns everything into a fine powder and has two different heads so you can use a metal one or the emery board type and it even trims nails.
on 11 March 2013
My wife has some hard skin on her feet and wanted something to deal with it.
I searched long and hard at many of the machines listed and read all the reviews.
It was very difficult to decide which ones seemed to work and which ones were going to be a waste of money.
However she decided on the JML Pedi Pro De Luxe and we waited with interest for it to arrive.
Having now used it two or three times my wife thinks it great !
Some people complained that it wasn't powerful enough and came to a standstill when you applied pressure on it.
Well I can only think that that they have skin like a walrus or were impatient to get it done in one go.
Yes - it does slow down and stop if applied too hard onto your foot. This is a safety feature to stop you damaging your foot !
The trick is to give your feet a good wash and then make sure they are completey dry. Use the machine gently to take off the outer layers of hard skin, you can use it as long as you like - just don't make your feet sore !
Afterwards use a good neutral moisturiser like Diprobase. Leave it for 2-3 days and repeat the process until you have lovely soft skin.
If you're too impatient to take the time to do this, then buy a razor and cut it off in one go !!
22 Comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 June 2012
Not any good for hard skin and the shape of the head is awkward to use.
May work on dry skin only on flat areas.
on 23 June 2012
** I thought I should update this review, having had the Pedi Pro for a while now. I was initially really happy with it but it's a real battery drainer - and its effectiveness really relies on battery power. I've since tried the Emjoi Micro-Pedi Portable Pedicure Device instead, which is more expensive, but more ergonomic and much more effective over repeated uses.**

I've been waiting for someone to invent something like this for years - I've always had really troublesome hard skin ... I won't go into the details, but it's more than a bit of cosmetic tough stuff - it's fairly severe, ugly, and always there.
I've tried pretty much everything going and the only thing that I've had moderate success with so far is another JML product, the Ped Egg. I read the reviews here first, and didn't expect brilliant results - but I have to say, I'm really pleased with this product.
It's easy to put together (unscrew the end, drop the batteries in - you're good to go). If you've already got a Ped Egg, the procedure is fairly similar, the only difference is this takes all the arm work out of it. Some people have said the blade/buffer stops if you apply too much pressure - it does, but that's the whole point; you don't need to do the work - this does it for you.
I would normally expect to spend around an hour with a Ped Egg; this got me better results in half that time, and I'd expect in future to spend less time as a maintenance thing. My feet after having used it are so much improved - they're smoother and softer and just generally look/feel so much nicer. I'm really pleased with the results after one use.
The downsides are that there's no proper collecting tray - so you get dust over everything/floor/clothes ... it's a bit messy (although I guess it depends how severe your problem feet are!). I also think £20 is rather pricey - but having said that I'm glad I've invested so far. You get 6 replacement buffing discs (the discs do a better job even than the metal grater - same as with the Ped Egg, I found); a carry bag; a cleaning brush. No batteries, though - you'll need 4AA, and I think other posters are right that more powerful batteries will be better than the cheaper kind. I used Energizer Hi Tech.
All-in-all, a thumbs up from me.
33 Comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 July 2012
I bought the Pedi pro, does exactly what it says on the tin.
My husband has bad hard skin on his feet as he walks all day in his job.
it made a great difference on his feet, will take a few times to get it all off, but would recommend this to all.
on 29 November 2016
Perfect. I have one and I also brought one for my daughter and she is delighted.. I drew from other reviews that people say these stop when you press them on to the skin. That's because you r pressing too Hard. It movably needs a light touch. I have really bed hard skin heels so have upgraded the "sandpaper" by cutting out discs from the stuff used to get paint off cars. It's yellow and I got it from Halfords. Also perfect.
on 25 April 2012
This in theory is an amazing invention; for young people with busy lives through to the older less agile people. However, it is not time consuming nor easy to use. The reason why it is not a time saver is because you have to hold it very gently over one spot for it to lift only the very surface of the hard skin off, in that particular spot; you then have to repeat this for around an hour to feel any all over benefit. This is also why older people who have to do this act alone will also struggle, because you have to be in this crippling position for too long to feel any benefit. You can not apply any pressure at all otherwise it stops. That is NO PRESSURE at all. It needs more invention, such as actually being designed to lift hard skin not tickle your foot. It needs more power and to let you decide what is enough! Very disappointing, as I thought this was the answer to mine and my mother's payers!
11 Comment| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse