Colour: Confetti|Style Name: Axiss|Change
Price:£159.99 - £289.99

on 21 May 2012
The swivel is great for sure. However the strap tightening mechanism just does not work properly (this is the second one I have). They tend to pull unevenly. You have to reach behind the seat to pull them down, then pull the strap at the front. If you just pull the strap in front it will tighten only one side properly. Dorel should sort this design problem out on the next model.
on 7 April 2013
I wanted the ease of the side swivel. The turning action is great and makes it easier to check toddler is secure & get him in. Easy to fit myself then I had it checked for free at the local fire station (just call and they will book appointment). The seatbelt is tightened by a tensioner (a handle at back of car seat you turn round until it won't move) which has kept it secure for 2 months since fitting in Saab 93. It is Only disadvantages are heavy and have to make sure pull straight when tightening the shoulder straps or one tightens more than other. Also seat belt pads are huge for smaller build baby/toddler.
on 20 February 2012
This is just about the best car seat on the market, I can't recommend it highly enough! My 22 month old has a very mild form of cerebral palsy and as a result cannot help get herself in or out of her carseat. Our conventional front facing seat was proving far too difficult to use, the leaning over, twisting and lifting in one movement was ruining my lower back (and costing me a fortune in physiotherapy!) I have had mine now for 3 months and have had none of the problems other people have reported. I can only suggest that they are either not fitting the seat correctly or it is not compatible with their car. I personally found the seat easy to fit and have had no need to tighten the seatbelt as it fits securely, although I think that this point is more dependent on the quality of your car's satbelts more that the carseat itself. It is comfortable, has a good tilt and swivels easily, I have bought one for my childminder too!
If I had to be über critical I would make the point that it is a big car seat and you do need a lot of legroom behind the passenger/ driver seat to fit it in, especially when it is tilted. We have an Audi Q7 and my childminder has a Ford Galaxy and in both cars when the seat is tilted she can easily kick the seat in front. My Mother in law has a Peugeot 207 and the seat simply doesn't fit if the front seat is anything other than totally forward.
on 23 September 2012
great product!! does all that it says!! turns to both sides, much easier to deal with than the other ones, plus you back says thank you!!
on 19 October 2011
The axis mechanism of this seat is fantastic. I couldnt go back to a regular car seat. Only complaint is the straps are a little thick & rigid for my young baby. i'm sure this won't be a problem when she's a bit bigger & sturdier but for a 9 month old they are just slightly too rigid, in my opinion. Otherwise a really super car seat. We have 2!
on 12 June 2016
We have bought 2 of those (one for each of our vehicles), as they had some good reviews. In turn, they are heavy so not ideal for moving from car to car. Note: advertised as suitable up to 4 years - documentation supplied states 3.5yrs.

I have given 2 stars as a great swivel system so ideal for popping little ones in the car.

HOWEVER, the quality of the seat is poor - there is little or no padding in the seat, it is of poor quality of material, the head hugger does not move so is rather high to start with, as mentioned by previous reviewers the covers on the straps are large and you need to have something to stop in rubbing their little necks. Belts stick on both seats and the clip/lining up of the clasps to click seat closed can be fiddly.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 June 2011
I bought this for my now nearly 3 year old and have just bought another one for my second daughter its just so good. No twisting and turning, the seat does it all for you, brilliant.
on 28 August 2011
We are very pleased with this car seat. Very easy to install. Feels very secure.
2 things to note
- the belt is a harness (ie you need to put your little one's arms through the loop). I read another customer complain about this, but to be fair you just need to open the harness wide.
- it is a pretty heavy seat but we plan to leave it in the car permanently so this isn't an issue for us. If you are planning to switch it between 2 cars, this might not be the seat for you. We wanted to save our backs and have a rotating seat.. and we're glad we have!!
on 3 November 2015
We love this car seat we purchased it in origami black, looks good, but it was very heavy which wasn't an issue with us as it would be permanently in one car, the 90° turn is a life saver, makes putting in our son much more easier.

Our son falls asleep very easily in the car seat and he doesn't complain on long journeys.
on 2 February 2013
I love this car seat. Having had a number of britax seats for our son who is now 5 I was looking for a new seat for our 12 month old who cried and fidgeted a lot in the car.

We went to a local baby store as well as did a lot of research online. In the end I chose the axiss. The spinning thing is not just a gimmick, it really does make it very easy to put your child in and do the straps up. The hooks to hold the straps out of the way mean you are not digging around under your child's bottom for the straps. The rotating thing at the back makes it easy to install also.

If I were to be very very picky about the seat then there would be a couple of things I would mention. Firstly my daughter is 13 months and not particularly small for her age (I think she is just below 50th percentile). The straps/head adjuster is on the lowest setting and so I think a 9mnth old baby would need to be quite big/tall to fit this seat. In that lowest setting the chest/shoulder pads seem quite large and go pretty much all the way to the buckle. Secondly you really have to read the manual carefully regarding the rotation. There is a switch underneath the car seat that I had missed reading about which controls the direction the seat turns in. I would just think it would be good to make that a little clearer.