on 5 July 2013
I have just received this kipling bag - was bought for my daughter for her first year at university. She is very fussy when it comes to bags so I was a bit apprehensive when ordering it. She has not seen it yet but on examining the bag I am sure she will absolutely love it. It is very stylish yet casual, excellent quality, very light, but very strong. It is a nice size, not too big, yet a bit like the tardis inside. The centre, zipped, main compartment is very roomy and will hold an A4 file, comfortably but with a bit showing at the top. The two side compartments with velcro fastenings, will hold books, documents etc whilst the pockets in one side are useful for pens, mobile phone and it even has a key holder. Well don Amazon, another bargain. In fact, I am going to order one for myself - just spoilt for choice, with all the lovely colours. No one has mentioned the monkey yet, which my daughter will think is so cute!
on 3 December 2017
Very nice
on 11 December 2014
This is a great work bag (teaching assistant) which is comfortable to carry around the school even with all my paraphernalia! There are 3 compartments: main which is zipped plus one either side (front & back) held together by strong Velcro. I am able to keep 2 thick A4 whiteboards & a thick whiteboard pen plus my Galaxy tablet in one Velcro pocket. The one at the front of the bag (same size) has the usual Kipling 3 inner pockets to put phone, pen & wallet (just as a guide to the size of them) and again enough room for my A4 booklet planner (or a tablet) keeping in mind you want the Velcro to close. Main compartment is very roomy & I keep a pencil case, pencil box, glasses case, notebook plus the usual makeup bag and still have room to spare. Also has a large zipped pocket in the main part. The bag still takes on the distinct look of a handbag and not a 'shopping bag' which I have had to use in the past. It also has a pocket at either side which again has Velcro, but I find ideal to keep my water bottle in one of them. Usual Kipling key locater so you can attach your keys to it and find them with no hassle. Definitely recommend this to anyone who needs to be organised.....or just loves Kipling bags!! Bonus...the children love the monkey!! 😃
on 4 March 2014
I bought this bag when pregnant with a view to doubling up as a baby bag later. Great in pregnancy as lightweight and fit my A4 sized hospital notes and all my various bits (including large bottle of water) easily. Am paranoid about pickpockets so like the fact that one side can be zipped up for security and the other side is velcro for easy access (e.g. for clothing). I have deducted one star as washing instructions state that it has to be sponged down by hand since I was expecting it to be machine washable and bought it in a light colour. This is my only gripe with this otherwise fantastic bag.
Btw, a non-parent friend has this bag too and loves it.
on 9 November 2016
It's perfect.
on 16 January 2014
Thought I would steer clear of black and choose a colour for a change and glad I did because Port Red is a lovely colour (not bright at all .... but subtle) This bag is light, strong and well made .. up to Kiplings usual standard. Larger than most handbags but not ridiculously so and the size is fine for me as I fit my smaller handbag inside and remove it when I need to fill with shopping. Handles fit over my shoulder comfortably when wearing a coat with padded sleeves..

The only criticism I have (and not five stars) is that it was so wrinkly when it came out of the box that I put a tea towel over it and ironed it. Looked better after that though I had to be careful and keep the iron at a low heat. Considering the size of the box it came in I would have thought a little packing material inside the bag would help to avoid the wrinking ... after all it isnt wrinkled on the photo and 40 pounds is expensive for a shopping bag - the packaging should be sufficient to protect it so its in pristine condition on arrival.
on 25 March 2015
As previously put. I purchased this with the purse to match. It is a great bag and I keep using it all the time now! Love it! It is very practical while looking great too. I love the fact it has an inside key chain to easily clip my keys on once I have locked the door! No rooting around for my keys when I return. The bag is so well designed makes me out to be all organised like a super mum to our dogs!
on 27 August 2013
The bag came in good condition, superb quality as Kipling always do. But, unfortunately, I have to return it as it's too big for my everyday use while the shoulder straps are not long enough to carry it comfortably. After putting in my essentials such as a lunch box, an umbrella, a bottle of water, the bag suddenly looks too bulky and overweight ! The colour I chose was very berry; it's also too flashy and not easy to find the matching clothes. If you like this model, try to get one in the polite colours as its style is quite dressy rather than casual.
on 6 June 2015
Bought on lightening deal so paid a great price for what otherwise I consider to be an overpriced range of bags. Loved the unusual turquoise blue colour. Bag easily holds a tablet or notebook laptop. Was bought as a present for my sister and she loves it. Uses it when she goes on holiday as it holds lots of bits n pieces.
on 16 February 2016